14 day vacation pass question

The 2013 Infinity (West Coast) and Creative (USA) independent travel brochures I got this week from the local Flight Centre have the Disneyland Resort 10-day hopper pass listed for $348 (adult) $325 (child).

If I book my airfare direct with Qantas and accommodation with Disney, can I just wander into a Flight Centre to pick some of these up?

The 2013 Infinity (West Coast) and Creative (USA) independent travel brochures I got this week from the local Flight Centre have the Disneyland Resort 10-day hopper pass listed for $348 (adult) $325 (child).

If I book my airfare direct with Qantas and accommodation with Disney, can I just wander into a Flight Centre to pick some of these up?

I am in NZ but I think the process is the same.
You can buy the passes through Flight Centre and book airfares and hotels elsewhere, but we had to wait a few days for the vouchers for passes to arrive from the wholesaler. As for pricing, I know ours cost less than the price listed in the brochure, I assume it was because of changes in the currency rates.
I don't know about Creative Holidays, but isn't Infinity the wholesaler for the Flight Centre stores?

I have just called Air NZ about Disneyland hoppers and they told me they are still selling the 14 day hopper passes ??? I was quoted $324 AU for an adult and $298 for a child's ticket. Since we don't need them until May I'm planning on waiting until after at least Jan 13th which I have read is the expiry for all 14 day hoppers.

Expedia told me yesterday on the phone that all of the 14 day hoppers have sold out for May... Having said that the completely clueless man did ask me which website I was looking at for tickets! (Um, that would be the one I got their phone number from! Lol!)

Hi. I just called Air New Zealand holidays as well and was told that at the moment they cannot sell the 10 day passes to Aussies.
Apparently the tickets are in their Aukland office and they need to courier the tickets out. There was a big 'shemozzle' when a guy in Australia ordered his tickets and something went wrong and he didn't get them.
They will in future be able to sell them to us, but can't say when. Their CEO is on holidays, so they don't have a date yet.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it might be before May, and that the prices are better than Flight Centre.
Wishing for some pixiedust:

I so wish they would figure out what they are doing.

Qantas have just quoted me $1578 for 10 day hoppers (2 adults, 3 kids aged 11, 10 and 6).I know we have plenty of time before our trip, but I really want to get these sorted ASAP.

I just thought I would update for those who are looking for these passes.

Today we purchased 10 day passes from Air New Zealand :cool1: Total for 4 adults and 1 child was $1488 AU. They will be emailing the tickets tomorrow, but this price was significantly lower than what I've been quoted by both Qantas and a travel agent.

I just thought I would update for those who are looking for these passes.

Today we purchased 10 day passes from Air New Zealand :cool1:

Thanks for that. Did you go online or call? Was it airnewzealandholidays? Do you know how much it was per adult and per child?

I'm getting very excited I might be able to buy my tickets:yay:

Thanks for that. Did you go online or call? Was it airnewzealandholidays? Do you know how much it was per adult and per child?

I'm getting very excited I might be able to buy my tickets:yay:

DH called them on their main number - 132476 and spoke to a lovely lady in holiday packages. They are apparently being bombarded by requests for these :)

Ticket prices were in NZ dollars - adults $378 and kids $353.

So, about A$300, no additional GST charges??

The emailed quote does not mention GST at all. I assume that it was included in the original ticket price. Here's what they sent - minus the customer code and names :)

MON 20 MAY 2013
---------------
A 10D Disneyland Vacation Pass Quote
NZD 1840.00
Provided by WALT DISNEY PARKS & RESORTS

Open dated ticket - first day of use must be within
01Apr13-31Dec13 only.
SAP Customer Code Number: Product Code: PZWBY10H

IMPORTANT NOTES:

* Please ensure requested travel details above are correct.

* Quotes are valid for 7 days however they will be subject to currency
exchange rate fluctuations.

* If a component of this quotation is removed, it may affect other
components of the booking and/or the overall price up of the package.
Please check with a reservation consultant to ensure that the pricing
is not affected by any amendments made.

* Services are subject to availability at time of booking request.

* Supplier cancellation fees may apply. Please check the product
information area in GOnet or ask your wholesale reservation team.
Good planets are hard to find - please think of the environment before you print this email.

I had originally called airnewzealandholidays.com.au. They are wholesalers. The company mentioned in the above post is Air New Zealand, who I believe is the retailer. The girl I spoke to today at Air New Zealand said that they can possibly get emailable (is that a word?) 10 day passes from another wholesaler called Go holidays, but I needed to call back during NZ business hours.

I think I might go with this option because the price is pretty good compared to other quotes I've got.

I had originally called airnewzealandholidays.com.au. They are wholesalers. The company mentioned in the above post is Air New Zealand, who I believe is the retailer. The girl I spoke to today at Air New Zealand said that they can possibly get emailable (is that a word?) 10 day passes from another wholesaler called Go holidays, but I needed to call back during NZ business hours.

I think I might go with this option because the price is pretty good compared to other quotes I've got.

I've just received the emailed tickets/voucher and it is from Go Holidays (with airnewzealandholidays.com.au showing on the itinerary). :cool1::cool1::cool1:

All booked and paid for. Just need to wait for the email.

I have been waiting so long to buy these tickets, I can't believe it's done:banana:

Thanks Mel for the info.

Hi Kristin,

I was quoted in $NZ so I assume it must be paid in $NZ.

I use my 28 degrees MasterCard for any overseas transaction so I don't have to pay conversion fees.

I just checked, and the exchange rate with the 28 degrees card is very good.
Basically what I looked up on a conversion website.
$1175 for 3A and 1C 10 day pass.

For anyone who may be interested, it does say you must go to the ticket booth to get proper tickets. Won't be a problem for us as we'll enter the day we arrive on a Saturday afternoon. Might affect those wanting to get to the gates first thing of a morning though.

Hi Kristin,

I was quoted in $NZ so I assume it must be paid in $NZ.

I use my 28 degrees MasterCard for any overseas transaction so I don't have to pay conversion fees.

I just checked, and the exchange rate with the 28 degrees card is very good.
Basically what I looked up on a conversion website.
$1175 for 3A and 1C 10 day pass.

For anyone who may be interested, it does say you must go to the ticket booth to get proper tickets. Won't be a problem for us as we'll enter the day we arrive on a Saturday afternoon. Might affect those wanting to get to the gates first thing of a morning though.

Thanks :) I think it would save us around $40 total then, after fees are taken into account (unless my travel agent can match the NZ prices - I have asked! ;) But for convenience, we will probably still get them through her anyway).

Yeah, with the 10 day passes, you have to go to the ticket booth to get the actual tickets. We didn't have a wait at all last time though (that was a weekday; this time, our first day is a Saturday as well :sad2: )

We got a normal 5 day hopper last time.
Do you remember is the 10(14) day ticket any different. Ie ours was just a paper ticket with the picture of a Disney character on it. Do the longer ones just look the same, or special in any way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter