13th Birthday

collcass

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

Just booked HRH for my daughter's July 4th 13th bday.

I know that the trip alone will be an awesome surprise and a great gift but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to anything special for her actual bday. Travel party will consist of just myself (39 then), DD and DS(11). hubby staying home with the other two kiddos.

I've never been to Universal. She was there tis past November. We spent two weeks in Orlando andmy dd went w/ my aunt and uncle. She LOVED it

Tanks in advance for any suggestions
Colleen

Well, you did right by booking on-site! You will all LOVE it!

We just came back from my daughter's 11th birthday trip. She had an awesome time! A couple of things that we did that made the trip even more special -

*bought a birthday hat at a gift shop on our way into IOA (main gift shop on the left as you enter). That baby got her so much attention and she ate it up! There were three different rides where they got on the loud speaker and announced it was her birthday and asked everyone to please wish her a happy birthday. She loved it! :cloud9:

* I made her a Tshirt that said it was her birthday. It was super cute and made her feel extra special.

*Ate at Hard Rock Cafe where they make the birthday girl stand up while it is announced to the restaurant that it is her birthday and please shout happy birthday to her! Also had a yummy birthday sundae.

*Ate at Mama Dellas for a more relaxing dinner. Mama came to the table and sang happy birthday in Italian. It was just beautiful. Again she received a special dessert.

*We stayed at RPR and they didn't do anything for her birthday, but I've read HR has in the past. Make sure you mention it on the reservation and when you check in.

You can call the hotel and have a cake delivered to the room, I think they are around $55. :goodvibes

I finally figured out how to post a picture! Here is a picture of the hat and T if you are interested. I hope your daughter has an awesome 13th at Uni!! My daughter's 11th could not have been better!! :goodvibes

P10005482.jpg

I finally figured out how to post a picture! Here is a picture of the hat and T if you are interested. I hope your daughter has an awesome 13th at Uni!! My daughter's 11th could not have been better!! :goodvibes

P10005482.jpg
thx! That hat and tee are adorable.

Sorry... I just realized I posted this in the hotel forum. I meant to put it in the Universal forum. Ooops. Sorry, it was late that night when I posted :O)

We stayed at PBH at Christmas and it was DD's early 13th birthday and our late 20th wedding anniversary. I let Heather at concierge know and we got choc covered strawberries with a lovely card, and DD got a great personalized dessert and card signed by all of the concierge. Loved it!

I saw your picture christophfam and laughed! We have a similar one...:rotfl: My son was 13 also, that was 4 years ago.

Universal is a GREAT place to celebrate a birthday!

ry%3D480

I also booked RPR for my sons 13th Bday celebration. His favorite show is The Simpsons so i made the connection and decided to for it. He has been dying to get on the new Simpsons ride.

Love the Bday hats shown on this thread!!

Love the hat and the tee shirt. How did u make the tee shirt? Was there a certain site? Would love to make one for my son for his birthday....
Thanks.

Love the hat and the tee shirt. How did u make the tee shirt? Was there a certain site? Would love to make one for my son for his birthday....
Thanks.

I'm not extremely creative so I got some help from a lady on the disboard - just for fun- creative link. She made the design and I ended up buying her iron-on transfers to use on a t-shirt I bought from Target. I just printed out the design and ironed it on. Easy, peasy!

Here is a link to her web page-

http://www.amymickey.com/ironontransfer_page.html

Sorry... I just realized I posted this in the hotel forum. I meant to put it in the Universal forum. Ooops. Sorry, it was late that night when I posted :O)
No problem...I'll move it to the main board.

Must be something about 13 year olds! We are going to Universal for the first time June 10 to celebrate my son's 13th birthday! We are all so excited.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter