13 yo in Oceaneers club/Scuttles cove?

Woodcourt

Mouseketeer
Hey! I have a 13 year old. My other two kids will be 11 and 10 at the time of sailing...however, we will be traveling with a group and all of the other children are 3-9ish. Our kids love all playing together and my 12 year old who will be 13 at time of sailing...LOVES being with all of the kids and they love being with her. Can she go in there?

I have talked to her and my 11 year old about how they can go to the pre teen area...but they really want to be with the kids.

Anyone experience this?

Hey! I have a 13 year old. My other two kids will be 11 and 10 at the time of sailing...however, we will be traveling with a group and all of the other children are 3-9ish. Our kids love all playing together and my 12 year old who will be 13 at time of sailing...LOVES being with all of the kids and they love being with her. Can she go in there?

I have talked to her and my 11 year old about how they can go to the pre teen area...but they really want to be with the kids.

Anyone experience this?
No, a 13 year old would be in Edge. She can, however, attend the Open House hours in the Club/Lab to participate with the younger ones.

While DCL will, on occasion, allow aging "up" (except for "almost 3s" in the Club/Lab), they do not allow aging "down" to participate in the Club/Edge/Vibe.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel better we were on the wonder a week ago and I felt that they had a lot of open houses during good activites (cooking school and flubber). That should work out for you. A bunch of times I had wanted to drop off my kids for some lounging time but they were open house classes. Hope this helps.. Also the 11 year old should get signed up for the edge just in case they wanna go with the 13 year old... You never know how things will go with the clubs! Good luck

Thanks!!! Its still about a year away...so I told my daughter she might not want to be with the little kids. :) . Now we at least know the conversations to have and how we will plan. I figure my 11 year old might go either way....but again, its still a year away. Appreciate your answers!!!

Occasionally they will even let a 10 year old in edge so you might be able to have the 13, 11 and 10 year olds all in the edge together.

Thanks!!! Its still about a year away...so I told my daughter she might not want to be with the little kids. :) . Now we at least know the conversations to have and how we will plan. I figure my 11 year old might go either way....but again, its still a year away. Appreciate your answers!!!

Just to note that during open house an adult has to be with the kids in the club area that is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter