13 year old into vibe

If it's any help to anyone: I'm going on a magic cruise in August, and I'm 16 and my brother is 13, so I want him to come to vibe obviously.

I asked a counsellor on the dream because I have her on facebook, she said they do let 13 year olds in, but NO younger and you're parents have to sign a form

Good luck!

silence said:
This was the case for us as well on the Wonder. When my son was 13 we visited the Edge and Vibe. They said he could do either but had to choose and stick with that choice the whole week.

My 13 year old just did Vibe for the entire week on the Fantasy and Loved Loved Loved it!!!!!!!!

IsabellaSofia said:
If it's any help to anyone: I'm going on a magic cruise in August, and I'm 16 and my brother is 13, so I want him to come to vibe obviously.

I asked a counsellor on the dream because I have her on facebook, she said they do let 13 year olds in, but NO younger and you're parents have to sign a form

Good luck!

My 13 year old did Vibe all week on the Fantasy and absolutely loved it!!!!

My youngest DS was 10 on our Dream cruise ( Feb 2013) my older DS was 14. My hope was to get them both into the Edge so they could be together. I had no problem talking them into letting my 10 year old into the Edge. He loved it and he fit in just fine (I know that is not always the case but he did). My older one loved the Vibe and didn't spend any time with his brother in the Edge. They both had a great time, the both clubs offered tons of entertainment. The Edge may not look exciting but the counselors make it exciting, tons and tons of activities.

I am 13 now and from what I'm reading and seeing I totally get how teenagers wouldn't want 13 year olds there. I'm going on the dream in a couple of days and I recently broke my arm. Now I can't swim/go on water slide/ swim in ocean. So now really I want to have my best experience out of water. The edge looks fun but I would rather go in the vibe. I have a older sister there and she wants to spend time with me now because of my broken arm. I'm quite short (5'2ish) but I have an older face and I can talk to teenagers and adults. Would they let me in?

@Claire203 - so sorry you broke your arm! What a bummer. Did you ask your doctor about a waterproof cast at all?

Nobody here can guarantee that you might be allowed into Vibe; it has nothing to do with how tall one is or how old/young someone looks. You will have to speak with the Vibe counselors after you board. If the cruise has a lot of kids age 14-17, they may not be able to allow anyone to move-up; or they ask you to give Edge a try first. Edge and Vibe do some of the same types of activities, just in different age groups. I recommend going the first evening to meet new friends. You might also join a Cruise Meet for your cruise and see who else your age will be going -- you can email or whatever and feel like friends before you even meet in person onboard!

There are LOTS of activities you and your sister can do together onboard that do not involve either Edge or Vibe. There are movies, shopping, sunbathing, the sports deck (I guess that might depend what you can managed one-handed), towel folding seminars and more! I suggest you girls look through the Navigator each evening and see what activities interest you and plan accordingly. You can also both attend any Open House times at any of the kids' spaces (Vibe, Edge, Club/Lab). Two of your days will be Nassau and CC where you can hang out off the ship together as well (with parental approval of course ;)).

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter