13 on the Magic with Glenda the Good Witch!

Jnaterrell

Earning My Ears
I am so excited about our upcoming cruise in 52 days, I thought I would start my first trip report! I've always loved reading everyone's reports while I'm planning so hopefully I can figure this out and share my plans and our upcoming adventure! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but we are bringing along 8 first-timers and 1 second-timer for a total of 13 in our group! First the cast...

Myself Andrea, super planner, trip organizer and lover of Disney everything!
DH Josh, my amazing husband who goes along with and even appreciates my super planning!
DD Halley 10, our sweet, feisty, creative, athletic, lover of all animals and critters!
DS Hayden 10, Halley's twin brother, our funny, smart, affectionate, lover of sports kid! We love vacations whether it's a little weekend road trip, a day at an amusement park or zoo, a week at the lake boating and skiing, or our favorite a Disney Cruise! We love to make memories together!
c33909e6-0789-4e14-bb72-0d761b7ea36a_zpsuckuezz7.jpg

Our dear friends Becky and Ron and their children Rylie and Conner, 11, also twins and my kids' best friends since pre-K! We have a special bond both having twins, Becky is one of my best friends and we have done so much together over the years including Disneyworld but this will be their first cruise! We just adore this family and love that the kids have these amazing kids for friends!
FullSizeRender_zpsal5h1uab.jpg

Some new friends Tim, Susie, and Max, 11. We recently moved to Texas from our lifelong home in Oklahoma, 6 hours away from our family, away from our above dear friends, due to DH's job change. We are adjusting and have met lots of wonderful people including this awesome family. They live around the corner and have been so gracious and welcoming. Max and Hayden became instant friends and they have decided to join us on the cruise! We are so excited!
susie_zpsmsu6j8cp.jpg

My Mom Joyce. She is retired and stays busier than anyone I know running her own tax business, volunteering for church and community organizations, baking State Fair winning cakes, and being the world's best grandma to mine and my sister's kids. She is amazing! She came along on our last cruise 2 years ago and is joining us again! The kids love having such an active grandma that never hesitates to play with them, and come along on our adventures!
mom_zpso2u3e4qq.jpg

And last but certainly not least, mom's roommate will be her sister, my sweet and quirky Aunt Glenda! I'm betting she is going to provide the comedy for the other 12 of us on this trip! She is the world's sweetest woman, never had kids of her own and refers to me as "the joy of her life" :) She doesn't typically take a vacation unless we take her so we do that as often as we can. She has never been on a cruise and she loves the beach so I think she will love it! Her quirky fashion and her one-of-a-kind personality always makes a trip crazier! You'll see more later in the report, there is never a dull moment with Glenda around! Whether it's betting on how long she will take in the bathroom, how long it will take to order her food, what crazy outfit she will wear(some of her classics include frilly socks with jelly shoes, lacy tights with neon skirts, and our personal favorite the black and gold shiny MC Hammer pant suit) or what wacky thing she will say next, we can always count on her for some good laughs! Love her to pieces!
glenda_zpsunmy52eb.jpg

That's our group!! I couldn't be more excited!

We booked this trip almost two years ago, originally we were going to sail October 2014 on a 5 night Magic Cruise but that cruise was chartered and we were booted off! We really wanted to be on the Magic having already sailed on the Dream and Fantasy. Disappointed we re-booked for February 2015 for a 7 night Magic cruise and at this point it was just my family of 4. All Spring I worked my peer pressure on Becky and while she wanted to join us, she was leery of 7 nights, having never cruised before. That's when we found the 5 night itinerary for May and she agreed to go if we would change to that one. We happily postponed again! About that time, we found out about our move. It was difficult but exciting and we spent the summer moving and settling in to our new life. Mom and Glenda decided to join, only after much convincing of Glenda that the staterooms were not like tiny closets that you couldn't move in, we'll see if she agrees:) and that she could reach the outside world, and talk to her beloved dog Barney! Last to join was Susie and Tim after hearing me talk about how wonderful a vacation it is!

The plans...

May 9th, We fly out of Dallas to Orlando arriving at 2:40 pm. We are staying one night at Pop Century and heading to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping.
May 10th, We board the Magic for our 5 night cruise!!
May 11th, Key West. We are going to ride the hop on and off trolley to see the sights, exploring, shopping, then head to Smathers Beach for the afternoon.
May 12th Day at Sea. The plan is to have no plans this day, just play play play! We do have a Palo brunch booked but trying to decide to keep it or just have a casual by the pool day.
May 13th Nassau. We are heading to Blue Lagoon Island where Halley Rylie and Becky will swim with the dolphins and the rest of the group will play on the beach. Also plan to hit the straw market on the way back to the ship.
May 14th Castaway Cay. Mom, Becky, Ron, Susie, Tim, Rylie and Conner have plans to parasail, while myself( terrified of heights!), Josh, Halley, Hayden and Max are doing Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure. Hoping this day will last forever, we love Castaway Cay!
May 15th Back to Port Canaveral. Mom, Glenda, Tim, Susie, Max fly back to Dallas. Our family and Becky's family head to Universal Studios for 2 nights and 2 days at the Universal parks!
May 17th (Josh and mine's 17th anniversary) fly back to Dallas, they go back to Oklahoma and we head south back to Austin.

Stay tuned for lots of fun and adventure!!! Including some sure to delight and amuse Glenda moments! :)

Last edited:
So we are 35 days out from leaving for this adventure, we just got our cruise documents in the mail yesterday, so it is feeling more real, we are so excited! We decided to join a fish extender group, my kids had seen it on our past two cruises and wanted to try it, I was apprehensive, not knowing how much space it might take up in our luggage, and worried about coming up with a good gift idea. We decided to go for it and the kids are helping me make our goodies for the kiddos gifts and I found a cute idea for the adults, won't spoil it in case anyone on our trip is reading this report! Susie and I are going to make our own fish extenders to hang outside the door tomorrow. We got some really cute fabric and ribbon and we are going to see what we can do!

I am so torn about our Palo brunch. I have it reserved for 6 adults but with it being on our only sea day, I'm debating just having a relaxing day by the pool, not having to get ready or dressed up until dinner would be nice. Josh and I have done the brunch before and loved it! Just not sure this time, we want to do it with our limited time on the ship. We'll see!

I also requested a specific dining rotation of ACLAC. I really wanted to do Animator's twice, that being our favorite and this rotation also puts us in Animator's on pirate night which I think is fun with all the screens and how they make the restaurant really go with the theme of the night. This one also let's us do Carioca's twice and we are excited about that one as well! Hope we get it!

Looking forward to making our fish extenders and gifts and counting down the days!!!

Look forward to reading your report. I'm also from Oklahoma! Husband and I are going on our second cruise together in January on the Magic.

Look forward to reading your report. I'm also from Oklahoma! Husband and I are going on our second cruise together in January on the Magic.

Hi! What part of Oklahoma? We are from Norman and huge Sooner fans, so moving to Austin and Longhorn country was a big change! We like it though!

Update! Finished our Fish Extenders. We had so much fun with it and I think they turned out pretty cute!

image.jpg1_zpspedvsznn.jpg

Also, first Funny Glenda moment! Mom and I were talking about what to pack and what not to pack, we mentioned that there was a hair dryer in each stateroom so she wouldn't need to pack one. She asked, "hair dryer or blow dryer". We said we thought it was the same thing. She replied she did not want to have sit under a hair dryer, like in a salon. We explained it was the handheld kind, not the helmet sit under it kind. I'm glad I was on the phone and could hide my laughing. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter