13 month old at waterparks - yes or no?

Finally_Talking

Mouseketeer
I have two older children (9 and 12) and a 13 month old (who doesn't walk yet). We were thinking of going to a waterpark but never did this before with a child so young.

Is it too hard to have a 13 month old at a waterpark for most of the day? Not enough shade? No place to nap?

Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences.

(I was actually thinking about reserving a beachcomber shack but we will actually have 7 people plus our toddler altogether and that seems to be too many - although most of our party will be swimming the whole time, not sitting around under cover).

Thanks very much!

I think it all depends on if you will be watching the baby by yourself or if people are going to help you so you can also enjoy the waterpark. I know we took our DD when she was small and in hind sight she and I would have been just as happy at the resort with some down time. So I think it depends on your situation and how long you plan to stay at the waterpark. That being said your other kids would love it!!;)

There is lots of shade at TL.

Also, you can buy (and bring with you) an "infant swim ring" for use in the lazy river. This is an inflatable float ring but with a solid bottom with two leg holes in the bottom, so the infant can have the feet/legs in the water and either sit upright or lean against the side of the ring and float along with other family members. I do not think they are sold on WDW, but you can look for one at a store at home.

(And a 13 month old will nap anywhere.)

We took our kids when they were small. I remember them sitting playing in the sand at water's edge. I took them on the lazy river at naptime and covered them with a white t shirt of ours that I occasionally sprinkled water on to keep them cool. You do need to watch out at the waterfall near the cave. I avoided that and splashes. I was able to enjoy the water while they napped--the movement no doubt lulled them to sleep.
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter