• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

13 month gold annual pass expiration?

syng0

Mouseketeer
Hello all ! I got a question about the 13 month annual pass that we purchased back in December. I went ahead and had those annual passes added to our MDE account and they have not yet been activated. I just noticed that the annual passes shows that they are new certificates but there is an expiration date of 6/18/2018 ? I'm confused.. since they were new and has not yet been activated, why is there an expiration date? Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks!

That date is most likely 18 months from when you purchased the voucher which (IIRC) is the time limit in which to redeem and receive the 13 months. If you redeem after that date, you will probably get the normal 12 months on the pass.

That date is most likely 18 months from when you purchased the voucher which (IIRC) is the time limit in which to redeem and receive the 13 months. If you redeem after that date, you will probably get the normal 12 months on the pass.
Thank you so much! That makes sense !

My three 13 month AP vouchers expire in April 2018. My sisters two 13 month AP vouchers expire in 2030. I purchased mine in the park, and she purchased hers over the phone. I tried calling Disney ticketing for an explanation, but haven't gotten one yet :(

Oh no, I bought ours in the park too. I hope erionm's explanation is what it is. I can live with not getting 13 months but I don't want to loose the AP completely because they expire.

Oh no, I bought ours in the park too. I hope erionm's explanation is what it is. I can live with not getting 13 months but I don't want to loose the AP completely because they expire.
Will will not lose what you paid. I have never seen a post here (or on anyother forum) where Disney did not honor an AP Voucher. Even when Disney changed the AP levels a couple of year ago, those that purchased vouchers prior to the change received a pass that was equivelent to the one they paid for at no additional cost.

Did you specifically buy a voucher (exchange certificate)? Do they say that?

If yes, you will still need to go to a window to activate. Make sure they use the correct date at that time.

I believe it is a voucher since he mentioned I have to activate it before using.

I bought 4 and they said the same thing on them for expiration. We activated two of them in March. I asked at that time what would happen if our kids didn't activate them until after that date and was told they would still be valid AP's they just wouldn't have the extra month on them.

I emailed member services and received this response....

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. Thank you so much for joining the Annual Passholder family!

I did a lot of research for the answer and even called the ticket services. Since this is a brand new annual pass you can activate the new Gold pass any time between now and December of 2030 and you will get the 13 month promotion Gold pass that you paid for. So yes you can activate the Gold Annual pass certificate in fall of 2018 and get the full 13 months that you paid for.

We hope this information helps with the planning of all the upcoming magical vacations!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Janelle Gillette
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

EDIT: (I was typing the previous response from my phone so let me elaborate...)

This is the message that I sent to Member Services...

"I purchased a DVC Gold AP during the 13-month promotion. I received the "green card voucher" in the mail and I have the AP linked to my My Disney Experience account. I was planning to use it for my trip this fall, but plans have changed and I do not want to activate it until the fall of 2018. When I do that, will it still be good for 13 months? I have the opportunity to use the military ticket in 2017 because my travel companion is a member of the armed forces. I have a 6-day trip planned in 10/18 and another 8-day trip planned in 10/19, but those trips will not fall within 12 months of each other which is why I need to know if the AP will still hold it's 13-month "value" if I wait until October 2018 to activate it. Can you provide me with a definitive answer? I saw on different message boards that the AP must be activated by the end of 2017 in order to retain the 13-month expiration. Otherwise, it reverts back to a standard 12-month pass. I really need this information because if I don't plan this correctly, it will cost me a LOT of money. Thanks!"

Last edited:
Thank you so much for getting the information! This is great news!

I emailed member services and received this response....

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. Thank you so much for joining the Annual Passholder family!

I did a lot of research for the answer and even called the ticket services. Since this is a brand new annual pass you can activate the new Gold pass any time between now and December of 2030 and you will get the 13 month promotion Gold pass that you paid for. So yes you can activate the Gold Annual pass certificate in fall of 2018 and get the full 13 months that you paid for.

We hope this information helps with the planning of all the upcoming magical vacations!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Janelle Gillette
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

EDIT: (I was typing the previous response from my phone so let me elaborate...)

This is the message that I sent to Member Services...

"I purchased a DVC Gold AP during the 13-month promotion. I received the "green card voucher" in the mail and I have the AP linked to my My Disney Experience account. I was planning to use it for my trip this fall, but plans have changed and I do not want to activate it until the fall of 2018. When I do that, will it still be good for 13 months? I have the opportunity to use the military ticket in 2017 because my travel companion is a member of the armed forces. I have a 6-day trip planned in 10/18 and another 8-day trip planned in 10/19, but those trips will not fall within 12 months of each other which is why I need to know if the AP will still hold it's 13-month "value" if I wait until October 2018 to activate it. Can you provide me with a definitive answer? I saw on different message boards that the AP must be activated by the end of 2017 in order to retain the 13-month expiration. Otherwise, it reverts back to a standard 12-month pass. I really need this information because if I don't plan this correctly, it will cost me a LOT of money. Thanks!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter