13 days and counting (10/15/05 Magic).........some questions remain

Helene

Mouseketeer
I've soaked up as much info from these boards as possible, yet still have some questions (will likely post a few more as I get closer):

1) I have my $$ set aside for the recommended tips. I will add $$ to that based on service. My one question specifically is @ the room steward. Do you all tip "in between" for special errands he/she runs (ie picking up dry cleaning) or do give one big tip at the end?

2) I was thinking of purchasing snorkel equipment for my kids (dd, 7 & ds, 6).
I'm not sure if it's worth the money (decent sets are $60 each). I didn't know how sanitary rentals were and if it's more than $20 each to rent, I might just purchase on my own since we have a pool and they'd likely get some use out of them next summer. What would you do???

TIA for all your help...this board is awesome

Helene

Hi,

In regards to question 1...I tip all at once, at the end...I often write up a thank you card to tuck inside as well....

If I were you, I would buy my own equipment...I have heard it is worth it, providing you do use it afterward...

HTH :goodvibes

mommasita said:
Hi,

In regards to question 1...I tip all at once, at the end...I often write up a thank you card to tuck inside as well....

If I were you, I would buy my own equipment...I have heard it is worth it, providing you do use it afterward...

HTH :goodvibes

I second this :banana: :banana: :banana: Have a great time. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Any idea what the cost is to rent equipment? Is it only available as part of an excursion at CC?

Thanks again,

Helene

Totally agree with buying, it can be so cheap, get it from Toys R Us and stores like that.

I also tip at the end, and have increased tip if they have run all those extra errands for me during the week, or have gone out of their way or provided extra special service in other ways.

Tenor

inexpensive sets run $10-15 for kids and about $50 for adults...i think it is $16 to rent snorkel equipment and a floatie for the day....we chose to buy our own last year and now we can use it again this year!!!

re: snorkel: yes, get your kids a cheap set at walmart! My twins, age 8, used their at Castaway Cay and in our pool for a year; the quality is just fine. I think the cost was $15 each.

By the way, the twins lasted 5 minutes snorkeling at CC; it was too cold for them, and they wanted to go play at the Club! :rotfl:

I got my and DH's sets at bassproshop.com on clearance; nice sets about $30 each.

Have a GREAT TIME!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc pirate: :cloud9:

We are just back from the Western 9/24 - 10/1

1. We tipped at the end and more than the recomended amount. In my opinion the room host/hostess work just as hard if not harder than anyone on the boat.
2. It was $25.00 to rent snorkel, mask and fins on C.C. and $6.00 for a raft rental.
Hope this helps. :earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Thanks again!!

I think I'll go ahead and buy the gear and do the tips @ the end.

Helene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter