• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12th floor versus the 11th floor

jtheodore

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed on both of these floors on the Disney dream? This year we booked and we could not get on the 12th floor. We booked a larger room on the 11th floor. The 12th floor was real convenient to walk out of our room into the concierge lounge. Any pluses are minuses to the 11th floor?

Hi - We just stayed in 11002 on the Dream. I too was bummed that I couldn't get the 12th floor. But really, it ended up working better for our family to be on 11. Yes, you do have to go up 1 floor to get to the lounge. But, you don't have to go up or down to get to the buffet or pools which is a very nice plus. I figure we ended up going to the buffet/pool area more times per day than we went to the lounge. And, our room was near the end of the hall and in general that hallway is very quiet as there's not much extra traffic going by.

We were on the Fantasy, ( carbon copy generally of Dream), we had 12012 its great as has a large verandah and next to a door to the concierge lounge so you can pop in anytime its open.

Hi - We just stayed in 11002 on the Dream. I too was bummed that I couldn't get the 12th floor. But really, it ended up working better for our family to be on 11. Yes, you do have to go up 1 floor to get to the lounge. But, you don't have to go up or down to get to the buffet or pools which is a very nice plus. I figure we ended up going to the buffet/pool area more times per day than we went to the lounge. And, our room was near the end of the hall and in general that hallway is very quiet as there's not much extra traffic going by.

We've stayed on both 11 & 12 & found we like both. I agree with cheesemouse, the other thing we liked about deck 11, was access to the spa. We usually get a length of cruise pass for the Rainforest, so being on 11 made it very convenient. But honestly for us we're happy with either deck. Our October & NYE cruises are all on 12, deck 11 was sold out when we booked. :confused3

I really disliked the enclosed balconies on deck 11. Found sound to travel really well and they were very echoey. There was no peace and quiet to be had there.

We were on the Fantasy, ( carbon copy generally of Dream), we had 12012 its great as has a large verandah and next to a door to the concierge lounge so you can pop in anytime its open.

DISNEY FANTASY - Did you find this room noisy from Deck 13 above?

Exterior photo of deck 11 and 12 bumpout with cabins labeled.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/458bddbe.jpg

Deck 11 verandas are 2.5 - 3 feet deeper fwiw. :thumbsup2
They are more enclosed. Like a sunroom. If at the extra 3 feet, close/near railing on 11, those on 12 theoretically could see down thru the glass above you and see your behavior depending on lighting conditions. ::yes::. lol. :scared1:
This obviously only occurs portside, as the Spa is below 12 starboard.

if the 12th floor is available we prefer that and have never stayed on the 11th. However I don't think your trip will be any less amazing. keep watching for a room on the 12th to open up though.....maybe even ask in port because we were able to switch after a few months. (originally having to take an 11th floor room) good luck!

DISNEY FANTASY - Did you find this room noisy from Deck 13 above?

We stayed in that room last October. The noise from above was not too bad really. I am extremely sensitive to noise and I only heard the chairs above a few times. I wear ear plugs at night all the time and once those were in I could not hear anything, anywhere !!!

I really disliked the enclosed balconies on deck 11. Found sound to travel really well and they were very echoey. There was no peace and quiet to be had there.

Agree one million %!

We have stayed in 11002 & 12000. 12000 wins hands down. Our next two cruises are in 12512. The bump outs aren't as big on 12 as they are on 11, but they're still pretty cool. That said, I would take a standard veranda on 12 before I booked a bump out on 11.

My advice is to keep checking. As final payment comes due, folks may change their dates and some rooms on 12 might open up.

Deck 12 Rules ; Deck 11 Drools!

Thanks for everyone's replies..

I've been reading some of the posted stateroom reviews and some of them mentioned people running/noise on Deck 13 above in the middle of the night in Stateroom 12012!:scared1:

Not all of the stateroom reports mention noise from above in that room so I wasnt sure...

Sorry to the OP for highjacking the thread a bit...

I'll just add that we loved the enclosed balcony for 11002. The balcony was simply enormous as it was one of the bump out balconies. It really was like having another room it was so huge and was perfect for our family of 5. We never heard anyone else when we were out on the balcony. I'd book that room again in a heartbeat.

I'll just add that we loved the enclosed balcony for 11002. The balcony was simply enormous as it was one of the bump out balconies. It really was like having another room it was so huge and was perfect for our family of 5. We never heard anyone else when we were out on the balcony. I'd book that room again in a heartbeat.

On our sailing we were next door (11000) and it was very loud. Uncomfortably so.

Oh, I don't like that enclosed balcony- just saw the pictures posted in the link- are those 11th floor balconies enclosed all across the 11th floor concierge rooms? That won't work for me. I am currently booked in a 11002 but might have to move the cabin, for the 3rd time today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter