• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 Step Program??

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
So.... it's September 1st and for weeks now I have been waiting impatiently for this day in the hopes that there would be some NEW CODES or FREE DINING IN DECEMBER or SOMETHING NOTEWORTHY AND MONEY-SAVING! But, alas, nothing ... nada ... zilch. I'm now depressed and sad. I think I need some prozac or something to help me through this thing. But perhaps there is a deeper problem? Maybe this money-saving obsession of mine is the actual root of the problem. Honestly, I already have my December WDW trip money socked away ... so are there any suggestions from fellow DISers that can help my plight? Is there anyone that can get me through this obviously-sanity-threatening frame of mind?

:confused3

:grouphug: I am now working hard to save for my passes and spending money. I know how you feel, 2 years ago I ended up paying rack rate at the GF I was completely bummed.

I am one of those October trip planners who fell into that crack on Main St USA.....no AP and no Best Rate Program. But, I SHOULD be grateful for the AAA discount I got for the resort I wanted, POFQ, for the dates I wanted, but somehow I am not thinking about a gratitude list........I WANT my AP rate...this is out of control.......gee, may be a control issue, huh? Yes, I to am in need of freedom from my obession with "where are my AP room rates". Help!

I am just going to pretend that everyone else is paying rack rate and wipe clean the memory of me ever getting a discount on my first trip. Disney is like a drug dealer. Give you a discount to get you hooked on going then you don't care what you are paying. You just have to have it. :teeth:

:rolleyes: ~sigh....dreaming about that time I got the WL for $119 per night.....geez, those were the days.... :rolleyes:

:grouphug: thanks to all for your kind words and sympathy. We are truly in this together and it's very comforting to know that.

Hello, my name is Stacy and I'm a strung-out, penny-pinching, DIS-frequenting, Disney-a-holic. :scared:

Hello, my name is Stacy and I'm a strung-out, penny-pinching, DIS-frequenting, Disney-a-holic.

Ditto, except change the y in Stacy to an i.

Lol...disney is my crack too!

I too can afford rack rate (but at a value) and have access to a discount ($64/night with FL rates) but am vigilantly holding out for a sweeter deal. What is wrong with me? I'm obsessed!

This may make everyone crazier but *psssssssssssst* I heard (just a rumor mind you) from a DR CM that maybe, maybe something will be released Labor Day? Today is the day and nothing so far...but the day FL resident rates were released I had checked the site that morning several times, and nothing so I'm wondering what time they posted....hmmmm.

I've heard a lot of ppl complain about onsite prices and "meager" discounts. Not trying to start a debate, but when I looked into staying at a value MANY years ago (8?) rack rate was actually higher! So, we had the option to stay on site for $89 or offsite with a generous discount for about $40. In the interveaning years, offsite prices have gone up and onsite prices have hovered. I can save about $10 a night if I stay off property but I figure I loose that much in gas and parking per day so I'm better off getting the extra magical hours for my money. I'm really excited but I think FREE DINING would just be icing on my cake...asumming they extend it thru the whole value season (Dec. 20th). :cloud9:

Ditto about choosing to stay onsite vs. offsite for a $10 savings. For some stupid reason back in 2003, I believed my EX-husband that staying in a DTD area would save us money. DUH! I definitely could have stayed at a Mod then for the same price as that DTD hotel and I wouldn't have been stuck with the sub-par DTD transportation! Well, I lived it and learned and VOW never to stay offsite again. So it's a value for me this year - but it will be worth it to be back on property with the GOOD transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter