12 Nights at POP - ALL the way from Brisbane, Australia, WITH PICS Updated 6/13 Day12

My cousin loves Medieval Times if we were ever to go to Orlando again we would definitely have to go there!!

Glad you went to IOA i love that place!! I did get a PS3! I'm so excited!! I can't play it until I go home in May so i'm dying (i shipped it home but im still in nyc) but im glad i got my hands on one!

IOA is really great. I really enjoyed it. Im glad you ended up getting the PS3, hope your enjoying it. :)

Your wet photo is hilarious, sorry :rotfl2:

How cute that you caught the rose at Medieval Times :)

lol, I know the photo is funny, but it wasn't at the time.

Thanks for all the info about IOA. Again, never been there either. Thanks. Sorry you got so wet but it is an awfully funny picture. That's one way to get a clothing souvenier. Did you get to buy more earrings since you lost one? Can't wait to read more.

You should really go to IOA if you have the chance, it was really fun. I didn't get to buy more earrings, I wish I did though. Ill just have to go back & get some more.:)

I love your trip report!! Keep it coming!!:rotfl:

Thanks for reading, I hope to have another update tonight.

Great Trip Report ! I am hooked !!popcorn::

Thanks for reading:)

The Plan today was to go to MGM in the morning & then have a rest at the Hotel & then go to Epcot at night. However we woke up at about 9am & it was really hot & we felt like having an easy day so we decided that we would go & play mini golf at the Winter Summerland Mini Golf course.
We had breakfast at Everything Pop & then we caught the bus to Blizzard Beach at about 10.30am

America2007517.jpg

When we got there we decided to play the Summer course, It was really fun but it was heaps easier than the Fantasia Gardens course & it didn't take us very long, we were done in about 20mins.

America2007519.jpg

We went to the bus stop to wait for a bus back to Pop. We had to wait about 15mins & then we were the only ones on the bus. We got back to Pop at about 12.00. & we decided that we really needed to do some laundry, so we took some clothes down to the laundry & we had a swim in the Bowling Pin pool while we waited.

America2007521.jpg

America2007523.jpg

After a While DBF went and got us some lunch & we ate it by the pool while we waiting for the clothes to dry, which was taking ages. We got back up to the room about 3.00pm & we found that mousekeeping had added our medieval times stuff to what they had already put in the window.

America2007524.jpg

We put our clothes away & had a shower & then at about 4.00pm we caught the bus to Epcot to do the rest of world showcase. When we got there we decided we would have a quick go on Test Track before we started on World Showcase but when we got there, it was a 70min wait & there were no fastpasses left.

We started off in Japan & had a look in the shops there. We spent a good half hour in the department store, It was huge. We then had a quick look around Morocco & then we decided we were hungry so we decided to look for something to eat. We had a look in Morocco & Japan but DBF was being fussy and wouldn't make up his mind on what he wanted, so we ended up having cheeseburgers in America.

After our cheeseburgers we headed over to France & had a look around. DBF had to try on the hats.

America2007538.jpg

We then went to England & we watched the Beatles band, I can't remember what they are called but they were really good. We then went to Canada & we looked in the shop & I bought my mum & dad some presents & then we went & watched the O'Canada movie, which I thought was really good.

America2007546.jpg

It was now about 8.30pm so we quickly headed over to Test Track to see how long the line was but it was still 70mins, so we gave it a miss & decided to grab a spot for Illuminations. We found a spot near Canada & waited for Illuminations. I loved Illuminations I thought It was really unique. After Illuminations we quickly walked to the exit so we could beat the crowds and get on a bus to Pop. As we got to the bus stop there was a
bus just leaving & we got on straight away & we were back at Pop by 10.00pm.

We went to bed as soon as we got back to the room as we had to be up early as DBF was doing the Richard Petty driving Experience at 8.00am the next morning.

It had been a really nice relaxing day today, which we both really needed.

Next Up: DBF does Richard Petty & then we go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. :banana:

What a great report! We were there at the same time! Looking forward to more.

Glad you liked the Canada movie, they redid it recently but I haven't had a chance to see it, maybe when we go in August.

We love playing mini golf, don't have anything like it here in England.

I love your room window, so cute.

Shame you missed out on TT, try the single rider line next time :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for reading. Im really excited today, I just booked a trip with my friend for 9 nights at All Star Movies next Feb :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great TR, the first I've ever read from frony to back.

Wow, Thanks so much, Hope you enjoy the rest

What a great report! We were there at the same time! Looking forward to more.

Thanks so reading, I hope to have another update in the next couple of days.

Glad you liked the Canada movie, they redid it recently but I haven't had a chance to see it, maybe when we go in August.

I hope you get to see it, it was really good.

We love playing mini golf, don't have anything like it here in England.

I love your room window, so cute.

Shame you missed out on TT, try the single rider line next time :thumbsup2

The single rider line, why didn't I think of that. Oh well I just booked my next trip for Feb so Ill make sure Ill do it then

Today I had arranged to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience for DBF's 21st Birthday. He would be Turning 21 on Tuesday Dec 11th so I had decided to book the Rookie Experience for him. He was looking forward to today & he was very excited.

We had to be at the Walt Disney World Speedway at 7.30am so we arranged the wake up call for 6.00am & we got in a taxi at 7.00am. The Taxi driver was really nice & he seemed really excited for DBF & he loved that we were from Australia he said he had never met anyone from Australia before. He was such a nice guy. We arrived at the speedway just before 7.30.

Here is DBF at the Entrance:

America2007557.jpg

America2007556.jpg

The Richard Petty Van turned up & we all rode to the main building & we all signed in. Once everyone was signed in we had to go in the classroom & we watched a 10min video & they gave the drivers a few instructions & gave them there racing Suits.

Here is DBF in his suit:

America2007558.jpg

They split the drivers into 2 groups & everyone went outside to the stands. If you weren't driving & you were just there with someone you then went out to the stands and got to watch the training.

Here is DBF During his Training.

America2007559.jpg

America2007561.jpg

While DBF was doing his training, I was just watching in the stands and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around & the Taxi driver we had this morning was there. He said he found our Video Camera Battery in his car & had driven all the way back to give it to us. That was soo nice of him, we didn't even know we had lost it. I gave him a $20 tip for his troubles.

After they had about half an hour training they went for a ride around the track in the Richard Petty van. All the people who were there to watch also got to go around the track in the Van which was really fun.

After the Van ride they all had there photo's taken with the Richard Petty car & then were told they had 15mins to grab a drink & go to the bathroom & then they would start.

America2007562.jpg

After the 15mins they told everyone the Track was not dry properley & we would have to wait for it to dry before they could start the driving. After 45mins it was finally time for everyone to drive. DBF was the 4th person to drive & he was soo nervous he said he was really scared because you drive by yourself with no one else in the car with you & he had to sit on the opposite side of the car to Australia & he was afraid about the gears being on the other side of him.

Here he is ready to drive:

America2007346.jpg

He was assigned the number 19 Dodge & off he went for his 8 laps.

America2007347.jpg

He absolutley loved it, he wanted to get straight back in the car and go again.

There was about 20 people in his group & because he was the 4th we had to wait for all the other people to drive before he could get his photo's and lap times.

It took about 2 hours for everyone to drive but finally we were all done & they went back into the classroom to give out the certificates & lap times. DBF's Fastest time was 46.48 & his top speed was 112mph.

This was supposed to finish at 11.00am, but because of the delay with the track being wet & the large number of people in his group it was about 1.00pm.

The Richard Petty vans drove everyone back to The TTC & from there we caught the ferry to magic Kingdom

Here are a few pics I took on the ferry:

America2007349.jpg

America2007350.jpg

America2007359.jpg

America2007356.jpg

We caught the bus from MK back to POP & had a late lunch at everything Pop. We then headed back to the room so we could have a afternoon nap before MVMCP.

Next up: Our night at MVMCP

The RPDE sounds amazing but quite a long day, was there some shade? Your DBF looks like he loved it though and what a great pressie :goodvibes

Just read your whole TR (to date) & am REALLY enjoying it. Just wondering how the time zone adjustment went - Did it take long to adjust? Did you find you were up and ready to go early, or struggled in the mornings but could go thru the night? We're also QLDers (Central Coast) and are heading to WDW in Dec, also on the midday flight out of BNE, and I have no idea how we're gonna adjust!!! Thanks.

your trip sounds awesome

:) Thanks soo Much for Reading

The RPDE sounds amazing but quite a long day, was there some shade? Your DBF looks like he loved it though and what a great pressie :goodvibes

Yeh the stands that you watched from were covered so there was some shade. It really was a long day but he loved it so it was worth it.

brill thanks for the report:tinker:

Thanks

Just read your whole TR (to date) & am REALLY enjoying it. Just wondering how the time zone adjustment went - Did it take long to adjust? Did you find you were up and ready to go early, or struggled in the mornings but could go thru the night? We're also QLDers (Central Coast) and are heading to WDW in Dec, also on the midday flight out of BNE, and I have no idea how we're gonna adjust!!! Thanks.

Thanks for reading, Im glad your enjoying it. Wow you must be excited about your trip. We adjusted to the time really well actually, the other thing we had was the 1st morning we were up at 4am & we were really tired at about 6pm, but after that 1st day we were back to normal & everything was fine. I would recommend that when you arrive stay up until the normal time you would go to bed even though you might be really tired. That always works for me. :)

I know I have been slack but I hope to have another update this weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter