12 Nights at POP - ALL the way from Brisbane, Australia, WITH PICS Updated 6/13 Day12

Hehe loving the Dinosaur piccy you look scared and your Dbf is being all macho its so cute =) that ride scares me esp when the dinosaur pops out!

Cant wait for the next installment =) x

i Lived In Florida For A Year And I Think You Have Seen More Of It Then I Have. Lol

Was Awfully Nice For Your Dbf To Get The Girls Glasses Back For Her.

$145 For 2 Steaks? That's Unheard Of? Were The Steaks Dipped In Gold Perhaps? Lol

Looking Forward To More.

Boy that must be really unusual to have hardly anyone there at EMH. It must have felt like you had the park to yourselves:cool1: Can't wait to read more. Can't believe your bf thought FOTLK was boring. :confused3 Are you sure he was beside you at not at another show :lmao:

What a great AK day I love your Dinosaur photo, that would be me :rotfl:

The EMH's sounded great and to do EE in the dark must have been cool!

I am glad that you had a good day, it sounds weird to say it but I am sorry your weren't drenched on Kali. I like you Dinosaur picture the gentleman behind you makes me laugh. Looking forward to the next installment.

I LOVE Sea World.
Great pics.

Funny pic from Dinosaur.

Neat you got to see a wedding.

Just want you to know that you have another fan of your trip report. I am really glad that you enjoyed your trip (at least from what I've read so far). Can't wait to read more.

Thanks everyone for reading. I've been busy the last week, me & DBF went to the gold coast for the week. I hope to have an update in the next couple of days.

Hehe loving the Dinosaur piccy you look scared and your Dbf is being all macho its so cute =) that ride scares me esp when the dinosaur pops out!

Cant wait for the next installment =) x

The ride really scared me too. I think I'll have to give it a miss next time.

i Lived In Florida For A Year And I Think You Have Seen More Of It Then I Have. Lol

Was Awfully Nice For Your Dbf To Get The Girls Glasses Back For Her.

$145 For 2 Steaks? That's Unheard Of? Were The Steaks Dipped In Gold Perhaps? Lol

Looking Forward To More.

I wish the steaks were dipped in gold Lol. The price was absolutley ridiculous.

Boy that must be really unusual to have hardly anyone there at EMH. It must have felt like you had the park to yourselves:cool1: Can't wait to read more. Can't believe your bf thought FOTLK was boring. :confused3 Are you sure he was beside you at not at another show :lmao:

Yeh I couldn't believe he thought it was boring. I loved it.

popcorn:: Great Report. Can't wait to read more. :surfweb:

Thanks for reading.:)

What a great AK day I love your Dinosaur photo, that would be me :rotfl:

The EMH's sounded great and to do EE in the dark must have been cool!

Thanks for reading. EMH was really great. I would definatley recommend it if you can get to it.

I am glad that you had a good day, it sounds weird to say it but I am sorry your weren't drenched on Kali. I like you Dinosaur picture the gentleman behind you makes me laugh. Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks for reading. I really wish we had gotten drenched on Kali, those rides are just boring if you don't get wet or you cant laugh at someone getting wet.

I LOVE Sea World.
Great pics.

Funny pic from Dinosaur.

Neat you got to see a wedding.

Me & my mum went to sea world here in Aus on Sunday & it was soo boring compared to the one in Orlando.

Just want you to know that you have another fan of your trip report. I am really glad that you enjoyed your trip (at least from what I've read so far). Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading, I hope to have another update in the next couple of days.:)

We woke up about 7.30am today & I was really excited about going to Universal Studios, I had been to the one in LA and I really enjoyed it so I was looking foward to seeing what this one was like. We got a quick breakfast at POP & then We caught a taxi to US at 8.30am & we were at Universal by 9.00am, The taxi was about $30 incl Tip.

America2007731.jpg

America2007734.jpg

We went through the gates & my fingerprint wouldn't work but after a couple of mins they just let me in. Universal was soo empty there was hardly anyone around it was cool. We headed to Jimmy Neutron, & we only waited about 5 mins, this was a pretty good ride I really enjoyed it.

America2007607.jpg

We then headed to The Mummy Ride. We put our things in the locker, which used fingerprints & again mine would not work. We walked straight on this ride with no wait at all but it took ages to walk through the line. We both LOVED this ride it was soo Awesome, would definatley recommend this ride.

America2007609.jpg

We then headed over to the San Fransisco area & we headed towards the Jaws ride.

America2007610.jpg

America2007612.jpg

America2007613.jpg

We went on Jaws & had no wait for this either. This ride was really good & actually a bit scary. It was heaps better than I expected. I really enjoyed it.

We then headed over to the Men In Black ride, we had no wait at all for this but it did take us ages to walk through the line. I really liked this ride, it was very similar to Buzz but the vehicles spun themselves. I was the winner in our vehicle so maybe thats why I liked it soo much.

America2007614.jpg

We then headed over to the woody woodpecker kidzone & we went on ET. This has the longest queue I have ever seen it took us about 10mins to walk through the line but as soon as we walked through it, we got straight on & there was no one else around. The thing that annoyed me about this ride was that there was nowhere to put your bag & I had hooked mine around the handle of the bike, but it kept slipping & almost fell off, so I spent most of the ride worried about my bag & didn't really enjoy the ride.

It was only about 10.30 but DBF was hungry so we decided to have an early lunch at Mel's Diner. We both had the burgers & they were delicious. If you are going to US make sure you have a burger here. YUM.

We then had a look around Hollywood Boulevard & we took a few photos.

America2007615.jpg

America2007618.jpg

America2007621.jpg

America2007623.jpg

America2007625.jpg

We saw the Simpsons were out & we tried to get a photo with them but they had closed off the line & we couldn't get one. While they were waiting for the next person Bart & lisa started fighting & marge had to come between them & stop them. It was Hilarious.

America2007628.jpg

After all our photos we went to the 11.30am Horror Make up Show. This
was a really funny show & we both really enjoyed it. They made a few refrences to Disney which were really funny.

America2007616.jpg

We then had a look in the Universal store & I brought a pink sweatshirt & then we went on Twister. This was really dissapointing & I had expected much better than this. I wouldn't even bother with this again, I didn't feel any wind or anything.

America2007608.jpg

After Twister we decided to go on the mummy again, There was still no wait at all for this ride. When we came out of the ride one of the mummy guys was standing on stilts and was scaring people as they came out of the ride. He was soo funny we stood there for about 15mins just watching him.

America2007630.jpg

After the Mummy we decided to see the Terminator 3D show, This was really good & they had the live actors on stage as well as on the screen. It was really well done.

America2007620.jpg

It was now about 2pm & we had done everything we wanted to do & we knew that the Atlantis Shuttle was supposed to be launching at 3pm that afternoon & we wanted to find a good place to see it from. We caught a taxi & we asked the taxi driver where a good place to watch it from would be & he told us the launch had been cancelled. DBF was soo dissapointed he really wanted to see it.

We decided just to head back to POP & rest back in our room for a while. When we got back to the room we found that Mousekeeping had done this.

America2007632.jpg

America2007635.jpg

DBF played his PS3 and I read a bit of Harry Potter. At about 4pm we decided to head to Dowtown Disney & do a bit of shopping, we went back to the Virgin megastore & DBF got some more PS3 games & I bought Hairspray & POTC on Blu Ray. We saw this in one of shops its the actual wand used in the Graveyard scene in Harry Potter & the goblet of Fire.

America2007637.jpg

We headed over to the marketplace & looked in a few of the stores & then we decided to have dinner at Earl Of Sandwich, we had to wait a while for them to make it as it was really busy but this was the best sandwich I had ever had. We don't have Earl of Sandwich in Australia & I have been craving it ever since we have been back.

We then went to the Ghiradelli shop & we shared a Sundae YUMM!!! We dont have Ghiradelli here either so I bought a big bag of their chocolates.

It was now about 8pm so we decided to head back to POP & have an early night.

We had a really good day today & I was soo happy we didn't have to wait in any lines at US. I would also recommend a trip to US if you have the time although I wish they had the backlot tour like they have in LA.

Next up: Islands of Adventure & Medieval Times

Wow US looked so quiet, sounded like you had fun too, well except for Twister. I've never been but I'm sure as my girls get older we'll venture over there!

I love what the mousekeepers did to your window :goodvibes

Thanks for the pics for of US. I've never been. It sure looked quiet the day you were there. It was nice to have visuals for those of us who haven't been before. Keep up the great report.

I'm so jealous that DBF got a PS3!! I've finally saved and you cant find them anywhere!! :( Is he going to get grand theft auto?? I cant wait!!!

I love the TR so far, too bad you didn't check out islands of adventure! Or do you go back? its such an awesome park! I cant wait to go back in august!!

Thanks everyone for reading. I hope to have another update in the next couple of days, I have been really busy & I just went to High School Musical on Ice, It was soo good. Im going to see if I can get tickets to tomorrows show so I can see it again.

Wow US looked so quiet, sounded like you had fun too, well except for Twister. I've never been but I'm sure as my girls get older we'll venture over there!

I love what the mousekeepers did to your window :goodvibes

You should definatly head to US when your girls are older, it is worth the trip.

Thanks for the pics for of US. I've never been. It sure looked quiet the day you were there. It was nice to have visuals for those of us who haven't been before. Keep up the great report.

Thanks. It really was quiet theday we were there we had manged to get everything done by 2.

I'm so jealous that DBF got a PS3!! I've finally saved and you cant find them anywhere!! :( Is he going to get grand theft auto?? I cant wait!!!

I love the TR so far, too bad you didn't check out islands of adventure! Or do you go back? its such an awesome park! I cant wait to go back in august!!

Thanks for reading. It's a shame you cant find a PS3, DBF has already pre ordered grand Theft Auto, he is really excited about it. We do go to IOA, it was great. I cant wait till they add the Harry Potter part.

We woke up around 7.30am & had a quick Breakfast at Everything Pop, & at about 8.30am we caught a taxi to Islands of Adventure. I was really looking foward to IOA as I heard lots of good things about it.

We got to IOA at 9am just when it was opening.

America2007642.jpg

When we went through the gates I saw the Hulk roller coaster & I wanted to go on it straight away but DBF didn't think he could handle so soon after breakfast & he said he wanted to go on a slower ride first so we decided to head to wards Suess landing & have a look around there.

America2007564.jpg

America2007565.jpg

We Decided we would go on the Cat In the Hat ride as there was no wait, so we just walked straight on.

America2007566.jpg

I really liked this ride, you sit on couches and go around the house & our couch kept spinning really fast it was really good.

DBF then decided that he could go on the Hulk now so we headed back to do that.

America2007568.jpg

America2007567.jpg

America2007593.jpg

The Hulk was really good we both really enjoyed it, except one of my Mickey Mouse Earrings fell out on the ride & we couldn't get it back. :(

After Hulk we decided to head back to Suess Landing and have a better look around.

America2007569.jpg

America2007571.jpg

America2007588.jpg

America2007589.jpg

America2007592.jpg

We didn't go on any of the other rides in Suess Landing, so we headed through to The Lost Continent.

America2007574.jpg

We decided to go on Duelling Dragons, we went on the Ice Side. There was no wait for this but man that line is long it took us about 10mins just to get to the start of the ride.

America2007577.jpg

After the Ice side we decided to go on the fire side, both were really good, but I think I liked the Ice side better.

After Duelling Dragons we decided to head to Jurassic Park.

America2007578.jpg

America2007579.jpg

We went on the Jurassic Park ride with no wait at all & me & DBF were the only ones in our boat. All I can say is lucky we had our ponchos on for this because there is a lot of water.

America2007580.jpg

After Jurassic park we headed through to Toon Lagoon. We still had our ponchos on from Jurassic park so we decided to do Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw falls.

America2007582.jpg

This was actually really good & it went for ages, after we had gone down the drop there were people standing on the bridge & they have the guns there where you can put a quarter in & shoot the people on the ride with water. The people standing on the bridge aimed the guns at us & we got soaked even with our ponchos on.

I wanted to go on Popeye & bluto's Bilge rat Barges but DBF didn't want to go on, he said he didn't want to get anymore wet . I really wanted to go on so I told him he could wear my poncho as well as his so he could cover his legs properly. He agreed to do this so we went on. BIG MISTAKE.

This was me after the ride.

America2007585.jpg

I was completley drenched from head to toe. I couldn't believe how wet I got, my jeans were soo wet, I actually had to buy a pair of shorts and change into them.

After I had sat in the sun & dried off a bit we headed over to Super Hero Island, & we decided to go on Spiderman.

America2007586.jpg

I Loved Spiderman it was sooo good, easily the best ride in the park. This was also the longest wait we had of the day, we had to wait about 20mins.

We went on Hulk again & it was now about 12.30am so we decided to head back to The Lost Continent & go to Mythos for Lunch. We had such a good lunch the food was Delicious.

After Lunch we walked back through Suess landing & we had one more go on the Hulk. We had done everything we wanted to do so we decided to head back to Pop for a rest before our Medieval Times dinner.

America2007594.jpg

I really Liked IOA & I can't wait until they add the Harry Potter Island, I will definatly go back there.

We got back to Pop about 2.30pm & we just relaxed in the room, DBF played some more playstation. At 6.30pm we caught a taxi to Medivel times. This was starting at 8.15pm but they had told us to be there an hour early. We got there at about 7pm & it was about $30 including tip for the taxi.

America2007602.jpg

We checked in & we had purchased the Royalty package so we got a programme & a DVD of the show, they told us we would be in the Black & White section & we got Black & White Crowns to wear. We headed outside and had a look at the Medieval Village, this was really interesting DBF loved it. It took us a good 45mins to look through the village & at 8.00 we headed back inside & got a drink before the show started.

America2007603.jpg

America2007606.jpg

We went inside at 8.15 & we we had really good seats in the second row, because we had purchased the royalty package we also got a Black & white Cheering banner.

The show started & they served us our first course of Vegetable soup, It was really good except we had to drink it because they didn't use cutlery in Medieval times.

The show was really good & we had our main course which was Chicken, Ribs & Potato which we also had to eat with our hands, We also got free Pepsi & beer while the show was going on. For dessert we got an apple pastry which was really good.

The show was really good & the Black & White knight came second. He also threw out a rose, which i caught & got to keep.

The show ended at 10 & we caught a taxi back to Pop. I would really recommend the Medieval times if you have time, it was soo much fun & the food was excellent.

When we got back to pop we were soo tired we both went straight to sleep as soon as we got back.

Next Up: Winter Summerland Mini Golf & Epcot World Showcase

My cousin loves Medieval Times if we were ever to go to Orlando again we would definitely have to go there!!

Glad you went to IOA i love that place!! I did get a PS3! I'm so excited!! I can't play it until I go home in May so i'm dying (i shipped it home but im still in nyc) but im glad i got my hands on one!

Your wet photo is hilarious, sorry :rotfl2:

How cute that you caught the rose at Medieval Times :)

Thanks for all the info about IOA. Again, never been there either. Thanks. Sorry you got so wet but it is an awfully funny picture. That's one way to get a clothing souvenier. Did you get to buy more earrings since you lost one? Can't wait to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter