12 days in WDW, where we ate...part 1

Hi there ~ they take them 60 days out :)

About the evening offerings... going by memory here, but... the hot and cold appetizers started around 5:30pm and were finished by about 7-7:30.

I am pretty sure the desserts (my favourite) started coming out around 8:30pm and you might find a crumb by 10pm :p

Desserts were great - they had little cheesecakes, zebra domes, tarts, home made cookies (still warm sometimes) chocolate covered strawberries... one night they had these little oreo cookie things... the bottoms were oreo cookies, the tops were like cookies and cream cheesecake.. yummy!

As for booze.. they had red and white wines, baileys, drambuie, franjelico(sp), grand marnier, congnac etc...

I was really impressed with the offerings at AKL... I would take a baileys back to the room with me, tuck my little girl into bed and sit for a half hour watching the animals from our balcony. :)

>>^..^<<

DeeP-

We too did the AKL thing before our stay at BWV as a way to save points on Friday and Saturday. We ended up extending this for 4 days. In retrospect however, as wonderful as the staff and the food, and the beauty of the Lodge was, we were very excited to get to BWV. We really enjoy the convenience of the BW location, as well as the full kitchen and laundry in the 1 BR unit. We also enjoy the privacy of having the Master Bedroom.

Concierge evening hours were:
dinner from 5-7, dessert 8-10pm. Casshew gave a good description of the offerings.

I believe you can book the safari 90 days in advance. But call the AKL and ask for concierge to confirm this. They are the ones who will book you. I'm sure they will answer any questions you may have.

Not sure if this has changed, but on the two occasions we've been lucky enough to stay AKL Concierge they did have individual water available. It was not put out but you had to ask for it. Each morning after breakfast we'd each ask for a water to take with us and were given bottles of Dasani water. They just kept it in the back room.

So it never hurts to ask.

Yes, you are right...I'm sure if we asked we could have gotten them. They were very accomodating.

Thanks for the report! You're just about my favorite WDW food reviewer!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter