• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 day ticket?

ppmcoj

Mouseketeer
We made lots of trips to Disney but never for more than 8 days at a time. We're considering going this spring and would need a 12 day ticket (2 adults and 1 four yr old). The website only offers up to a 10 day for $1109 and the annual pass cost would be $2025. Is there a way to add on days to the 10 day ticket or would I have to purchase an additional 2 day ticket for $586?

No, 10 is the longest you can get. How about adding on the Water Park Fun and More option and doing water parks on the other 2 days? Or for a 12 day trip, I would think it would be nice to have a couple of off days where you don't do a park. 12 straight days of theme parks sounds like it could be a bit exhausting.

Last edited:
Have you considered adding Water Park Fun and More to your ticket? For $60/person you'd get 10 admissions for everyone to both waterparks, Disneyquest, Oak Trail golf course, both miniature golf courses, and the ESPN sports complex.

So if I added the water park option, would that give us 10 days in the parks with an additional 2 days that we could spend at the waterparks? We're those crazy people that stay in the parks for 10+ hours each day and never get tired of it! Even the almost 5 year old loves it and goes like an energizer bunny :)

So if I added the water park option, would that give us 10 days in the parks with an additional 2 days that we could spend at the waterparks? We're those crazy people that stay in the parks for 10+ hours each day and never get tired of it! Even the almost 5 year old loves it and goes like an energizer bunny :)

It would actually give you 10 minor park entries/days on top of the 10 major park days.

Yup!

That's great, I had no idea it was on top of the park days! The LO's swimming skills are coming along so that will be fun!

You get 10 entrances to the waterpark (plus the other choices) so you can use them how you wish. Can do waterpark in morning and disney quest in evening. Can take midday break from a park and go to waterpark!
If you're in the parks most days, those 10 will be enough.

Definitely don't need more than 10 days. More than enough other things to do for 2 days. Spend time at downtown Disney. Rent a car and go to cape canaveral! The extra cost for two more park days is just too much considering the other things you can do!

Thanks to all of you for the information and suggestions - learn something new about disney all the time!!

Just wanted to pipe in with one clarification...you get 10 "admissions" to the water parks, DisneyQuest, etc. however, all of those admissions will still expire after the 14th day of first use of the ticket - so you can't stretch it to "20 days". I know its not a problem in this case, just wanted to clarify.

If you think that there is any chance that you would return within a year's time, it would it make sense to get an AP. The cost of an AP is around the same as if you were to buy a 10 day pass and a 5 day pass. So if you are really going to go into the parks for 12 days, you just need to go to WDW for 3 additional days within a year's time to come out even.

Considering an AP is good advice. Are you driving? If so, savings on parking can also help offset the cost.

If you think that there is any chance that you would return within a year's time, it would it make sense to get an AP. The cost of an AP is around the same as if you were to buy a 10 day pass and a 5 day pass. So if you are really going to go into the parks for 12 days, you just need to go to WDW for 3 additional days within a year's time to come out even.

Actually, break-even is at 13 days currently (6-day plus a 7-day == $638+tax, Tourist AP == $634+tax), and that doesn't include if you would normally get park hopping (which is included in AP).

AND you get merchandise and some dining discounts as well (and free parking if staying off-site for any length of the trip), that would probably make up for difference between 12 days of tickets - the difference between two 6-day tickets and an AP is $6...

Actually, break-even is at 13 days currently (6-day plus a 7-day == $638+tax, Tourist AP == $634+tax)
Ah yes. I forgot about the fact that WDW has some funny pricing that makes a 10 day plus a 2 day significantly cheaper than say, an 8 day and a 4 day. So this oddity works in your favor when comparing the cost of an AP. One can get 15 days (10 + 5) for the price of 13 days (7 + 6). But both are the same cost as an AP.

The other possibility is if you know someone in the UK, they could buy you a 14 day ticket.

^^Something to consider. We always fly, stay at one of the resorts, and have a rental car. In 2013 we went 4 times and I wish I had purchased an AP that year, last year we went twice, and I'm not sure how many times we'll go this year. Now that DD is getting a little older and a pretty good traveler so we can make an overseas trip, we'll more than likely only go once this year and the 10 day ticket with the waterpark option will work out okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter