• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/6/08 Eastern ~ ***CURRENT ROSTER pg 68, post # 1007!

Look up at the top of this window -- the red block of menu selections -- starts with "user cp" -- the 2nd option is "chat"... and it will take you to the Dis Chat room.

Okay, apparently the chat room is not open (it used to be open all the time, I thought...)

:(

Anyone else online to book tonight?

I'm here and got what I needed!! There are still quite a few Palo options left too. how did everyone else do?

I got what I wanted too :woohoo:
Only excursion I wanted was the dolphin encounter. I think it would be special for my daughters. I'm good w/ Palo's too. I really hope you all get what you want :)

I have just booked

Palo on the formal night. I know Palo is a jacket for the gents and dress for the ladies place, but on formal night, is Palo formal too? We'll be travelling for about 6 weeks and space is at a premium and I'm unlikely to have room for the "bag of fruit" (suit).

Golf at Mahogony Run for myself and Magens Bay Beach at St Thomas for DH and DS.

At St Marteen we'll be doing our own thing and looking for a nice beach to hang out at.

Glad to get what we were after.

We're back from our cruises and still trying to catch up.

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what the dinning rotations are for late seating? Is it 1231231 or 1223123. Thanks for your help. Trying to decide on Palo res. before it is to late.

It's 1231231

I ended up picking St Maarten night for Palo because 1, we don't care about pirate night and don't care for the menu, and 2, we really want to have a view this time instead of a pitch black ocean. :)

Unless they changed it again, the rotation is no longer 1231231. I'll check when I call in today. They started doing this so they could have rotational menus in a row with the exception of formal night.

Okay, apparently the chat room is not open (it used to be open all the time, I thought...)

:(

Anyone else online to book tonight?

The chat room is only open during specific times because of abuse in the past.

Would be nice to know if the rotation has changed, as it may influence our Palo night....

I got brunch and dinner, registered the kids, and reserved a spa date. Didn't see the couples stone massage on the selections so I'll probably book that on board, and will wait to rent stuff at CC because the weather can be iffy anyway.

I like the bracelet idea, I could work that into different outfits, plus I am not a huge T-shirt fan myself. You are speaking of bracelets that are similar to the Lance Armstrong rubber bracelets?

89 Days!

I did not get to book. :sick: :sad2: Our trip will not be paid in full until next week! UGH! We are Castaway Club members. This irks me because we should be able to book! :mad: Oh well.. Guess I will have to hope for things to still be open.

A cpl pf questions:confused3
what exactly does rotation mean...which restauratnts you're supposed to be at on a certain night?? And what does rotation have to do w/ a night at Palo's? I'm serious, I'm lost here. Is Pirates night on wednesday? I booked brunch on monday and dinner on thursday. I enjoy pirates night on our last DC. Thanks

I just spoke to a Castaway Club lady and she said at this time the rotation hasn't changed, but it is always subject to change at a later date. She said you can always put in a request for a specific rotation/dining time but would still need to verify at the port if you got the rotation you wanted.

I think someone posted this earlier, but here's what she gave me for the different rotations:

5:30 - LAPLAPL
5:45 - APLAPLA
6:00 - PLAPLAP

(The later rotations would follow the same order, just at the later times)

Would be nice to know if the rotation has changed, as it may influence our Palo night....

I got brunch and dinner, registered the kids, and reserved a spa date. Didn't see the couples stone massage on the selections so I'll probably book that on board, and will wait to rent stuff at CC because the weather can be iffy anyway.

Thanks to everybody who answered my posts. I will still bring pins in hopes of trading. If not, I ready my ENTIRE PassPorter for the Disney Cruise when I was in Indiana seeing my MIL this weekend. Here is what I garnered from there.
If you are only adults traveling (as we are: DH, DS, MIL and Myself) then the Rotation should start with Luminiere's, APalate and then Parrot Cay. So the days look like this: Saturday (L-Casual); Sunday (AP-Formal); Monday (PC-Casual); Tuesday (L-Pirate); Wednesday (AP, Casual); Thursday (PC-Semi Formal); and Friday (L-Casual).
I also found out the things that pertain to the days:
Sat (Set Sail); Sunday (Palo Brunch and High Tea) (At Sea); Monday (Palo Brunch and High Tea) (At Sea); Tuesday (St. Maarten); Wednesday (Master Chef) (St. Thomas); Thursday (Captain's Gala, Palo Brunch & High Tea) (At Sea); Friday ('Til We Meet Again) (Castaway Cay) and Saturday (Tears everyone) (Return to Port).
I read the entire PassPorter and devoured all of the pictures on the Dis Home Page; and read all the Navigators (thanks to whomever posted them and the pictures!!!!!)
I also garnered info on the Lunch Buffets at Parrot Cay. Apparently they have themes and food relating to those themes: Day 1: Welcome Aboard Buffet; Day 2: Italian Buffet; Day 3: Asian Buffet; Day 4: American Buffet; Day 5: South of the the Boarder Buffet and Day 6: Seafod Buffet.
Another tip was to bring Different color highlighters for each person to use on the schedules in the Personal Navigators (newspaper that is delivered each night to your stateroom). Also additional copies can be gotten at the Guest Services Desk on Deck 3. Someone suggested to bring a magnifying glass to read the grid in the Navigators!
There is a Hidden Mickey Challenge that can be picked up at Guest Services.
Bring a Zip Loc Bag or an Envelope for receipts for Customs.
The best tip I garnered was that if you are travelling with multiple people you can put credit cards on file for EACH Key to the World cards. That means that you don't have to divide up who owes what at the end of the cruise.
Anyway, if anyone else has great tips to share I, for one, am all ears (you know the ones that are black and go on the top of your head!!!!):dance3:
Thanks again, for all the help--Oh, yes. Bracelets or Tee Shirts or both are fine with me!!!!!!! Disney Lady

I'll try to help!

A cpl pf questions:confused3
what exactly does rotation mean...which restauratnts you're supposed to be at on a certain night??

Yes. Disney is apparently unique in that they offer rotational dining, where you keep the same table assignments and same wait staff every night of the cruise, but you rotate among their three main restaurants. That way you get to see all of the restaurants, and the same wait staff team gets to learn all your preferences (and you only have one set of wait staff to worry about tipping!) Generally the rotation always goes in the same order, with Parrot Cay following Animator's Palatte which always follows Lumiere's. What varies is which restaurant you start off with the first night of the cruise (which on a 7 night cruise will also be the same restaurant you end with.) DCL will usually assign you a rotation based on the make up of your party (young kids start in AP, older kids start in P, no kids start in L) and your assigned dinner time (5:30, 5:45, 6:00 for example) within a seating (early or late) will reflect the rotation as well (to balance the load on the elevators).

And what does rotation have to do w/ a night at Palo's? I'm serious, I'm lost here.

The first three nights are your first opportunity to eat in each of the three restaurants, and some, like Animator's Palatte especially, do a special show on one of those nights that isn't repeated the rest of the cruise. So many people try not to book Palo dinner on one of those nights (especially if they've never been on a DCL cruise before) so they don't miss one. After you rotate through the restaurants once, you swing back around and go through them all again, though the menu is different each night. That's when many people start going to Palo. But, if you don't want to miss Pirate night, then you try to avoid Palo on Pirate night. Others may like one restaurant less than others, so you book Palo on a night when you'd be back in that restaurant again. (For example, I like being in Lumiere's on Formal Night and Parrot Cay on Pirate night, but I'm indifferent to AP after the first night, so I try to book Palo on the second AP night (which I'm hoping is Thursday on the PLAPLAP rotation).

Is Pirates night on wednesday? I booked brunch on monday and dinner on thursday. I enjoy pirates night on our last DC.

For this cruise, I believe Pirate night is on Tuesday (St Maarten night).

Thanks

We were able to book parasailing. Which honestly at this point is all we wanted. Not big into Palo....although with the exception of brunch.....there are many options available. We still are debating on port excursions! LOL Story of my life!! Can't make up our minds!! I think the bracelets would be a good idea too! :)

winotracy

Any luck on finding out what the rotation shoud be? I e-mailed DCL but no word yet.

I actually was just about to post this. They did change the rotation back to what it originally was. For our cruise it will be 1231231 (the western is different though). Sorry it took so long, still digging out from post-vacation stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter