• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/6/08 Eastern ~ ***CURRENT ROSTER pg 68, post # 1007!

Anyone else thinking of a bit of golf? My wife and son will probably hit the beach, but this looks like a nice way to spend a few hours!

St Thomas golf tour
Golf at Mahogany Run (5-6 hours)
Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic 18-hole, par 70 course totaling 6,022 yards. Designed by George and Tom Fazio, Mahogany Run's spectacular views make it one of the most-photographed courses in the Caribbean. Includes green fees for 18 holes, a golf cart and transportation. Rental clubs are available at the course for an additional fee.
Price: $164 (ages 10 & up only)

I am thinking we will try to do a tour. We have my mother in law and thats about all she will be up for. We saw the butterfly farm on Grand Cayman and it was very enjoyable.

for me it's snorkel gear yes, beach towels no. You can use the towels on the ship for your excursions. You do not need to haul beach towels with you. We bring our own snorkel gear because he have had bad fitting masks once too often.

Thanks!! We found a set at Costco for the kids that comes with a gear bag. I like the idea of having my own set if just for the snorkel part. I know they must clean the mouth piece but still....ewwww!

I have decided that forever42 has a great idea for a cruise box. We are going to spend 8 days at WDW before the cruise so I might just mail the cruise box to POP and remail the WDW stuff back home.

I did get the idea from someone else, though I don't remember who! Until then I was just storing things in a Disney bag in the back of my closet. I'm using a rubbermaid box with a lid now, much handier!

I did get the idea from someone else, though I don't remember who! Until then I was just storing things in a Disney bag in the back of my closet. I'm using a rubbermaid box with a lid now, much handier!

There's also a UPS store right in cocoa beach if you just buy too much stuff to take home. ;)

There's also a UPS store right in cocoa beach if you just buy too much stuff to take home. ;)

Luckily for us, home is just an hour drive from the port :woohoo: It definitely helped last time to drive home and pass out for half the day!

There is a place in Cocoa Beach that advertises they will come to the port and pick up your package from you to ship... Can't remember where I saw it - maybe Mousesavers? That would be fantabulous but if not, I think we'll have our limo driver make a "shipping stop" instead of a "grocery stop" on the way back to the airport.

On the golf, my DH was all set to golf at WDW on our last trip in 06 and wound up falling down the stairs (don't ask) and spraining his thumb about a week and a half before our trip. His swing was messed up for 6 months! He was so bummed to miss golfing at WDW... I don't think we'll tempt fate and try that again....

Would UPS also have packaging, like boxes etc, on sale - or would you have to have your own packaging stuff?

(Sorry, we dont have UPS here in Aus and I am not sure of the service they offer)

Chris

This link is a wealth of information!!!

Here is the shipping to/from info culled from that thread:

WHERE CAN I GO TO GET STUFF SHIPPED HOME?

SHIPPING DEPOT located at 1850 North Courtenay Pkway, Suite 103, Merritt Island, Florida
Phone 321-453-2558
Fax 321-453-0161
HOURS --MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 9AM TO 6PM
SATURDAY 10AM TO 2PM

email address shippingdepot103@aol.com
If you DO NOT want to concern yourself with the carrying of ''stuff'' home that you have purchase or too much to take on the plane, you can take it over to their place of business or they will be more than glad to pick it up from Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral and they will ship anywhere and everywhere. They are UPS and FEDEX office.

Owners are Raul and Dwane ---super nice folks to work with and very accomodating to your shipping needs.
Must mention this board for discount

WHERE I CAN SHIP BOXES TO:
UPDATE 03/19/2008

We are allowed one box shipped per stateroom only.

2)It must be the size of a records box and weigh no more then about 20-25 pounds he said.

3)No alcohol in boxes.

4)No food or drinks. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.

5)Label the box with your sailing vessel, sailing date, stateroom or ressie number and GTY status if you are unassigned still.

6) Make a packing list and put it in a sealed envelope and tape this to the box. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.

7) If your box is hit on by the dog or choosen for addition screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding.

These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail amOng other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

ADDRESS TO SHIP TO:
I.D.S.
9001 MARLIN STREET
CAPE CANAVERAL, FLORIDA 32920

Would UPS also have packaging, like boxes etc, on sale - or would you have to have your own packaging stuff?

(Sorry, we dont have UPS here in Aus and I am not sure of the service they offer)

Chris

From the UPS site:

Features
The UPS Store helps you do more while saving you time and money. Access a wide range of products and services in one convenient location:

* UPS shipping services (ground, air, international)
* Freight services
* Packaging services
* Mailbox services (we can receive packages from any carrier)
* Document services (digital printing, B&W/color copying and document finishing services like laminating, collating and binding)
* Office, packaging and moving supplies
Faxing (sending and receiving)
* Notary services
* Corporate Retail Solutions: Our family of retail products and services are designed to help U.S. companies streamline operational processes and function more efficiently.

UPS Store Location:
2023 N ATLANTIC AVE
COCOA BEACH, FL 32931

Phone: (321) 799-3030
Fax: (321) 799-3052

Additional Information: BANANA RIVER SQUARE WITH PUBLIX ON A1A

Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday 7:30am-6:00pm
Tuesday 7:30am-6:00pm
Wednesday 7:30am-6:00pm
Thursday 7:30am-6:00pm
Friday 7:30am-6:00pm
Saturday 8:30am-2:00pm
Sunday Closed

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry I haven't been here more! :( Just crazy busy...

But now at the 6 month mark I am so excited! :cool1:

We have 2 connecting Cat 9's for Dh, and our 3 kids. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard (the 12th :) ) Tried to book a Vow Renewal but they only do 2 ceremonies on board (wedding or VR), and someone beat me to it! So, we will try for a couples massge on the beach instead. :)

Not sure what excursions we'll be trying- maybe the Stingrays on CCay b/c I have read so many great things about it just hoping DD's who are 8 and 6 won't be freaked out too much by it. We were looking into the Dolphin Discovery on in St Thomas, but DS will only be 18 months and even too young to observe- so that will wait until we cruise again (we try to every 2 years or so with DCL). We loved snorkeling in CCay last time as well- but plan on buying our own snokel sets b/4 we leave. We rented the last time and DD (who was 6 at the time) had a hard time with the goggles fitting.

Last time we cruised DCL we hit the beach on our own in Maegan's Bay and saved a ton- and it was super easy to do- likely will do that again as well- our DD's STILL talk about that beach. :goodvibes St Maarten I might save to Christmas shop :hyper: - does anyone know if St Thomas or St Maarten has a Del Sol shop?

Do we know which nights are Pirate Night yet or the nights they are serving which menu's? Just curious as too when to plan on Palo b/c we'll need to book Flounder's Reef too...

Happy planning everyone!

Hello all! We just booked this cruise! This will be my 3rd Eastern and 6th Disney Cruise! YEAH!! My sister is coming for the first time and my parents for the 4th time! We are excited! We had orginally booked the 4 nighter but we decided... what the heck... lets just do it big! We are heading to WDW before! YEAH!! SUPER EXCITED!!!

Gina

Thanks Big Mike! :thumbsup2
My girls LOVE the color changing T's and I am thinking my nieces and nephews might like them for Christmas as well. :goodvibes

Do we know which nights are Pirate Night yet or the nights they are serving which menu's? Just curious as too when to plan on Palo b/c we'll need to book Flounder's Reef too...

I was thinking that we might actually skip formal night this time around and do Palo instead... Not that I don't LOVE dressing up, but I was enormously uncomfortable all night in my formal gown and I am willing to be my DH was not excited about his monkey suit either.

I think, judging by recent cruises, that Pirate night is Tuesday, our St. Maarten day.

I read somewhere that the dining rotation was like APPL to start with and that concerned me because if you go to the same dining room twice in the 1st 3 days, you'll miss one of the room-specific menus, right? I am a total foodie and I want exposure to it ALL! Of course, I could totally do Parrot Cay twice -- love that menu. I'd probably want to skip Animator's food, but the show is what you go for, so I guess we can't.... and who knows what will happen after drydock in October anyway!

I read somewhere that the dining rotation was like APPL to start with and that concerned me because if you go to the same dining room twice in the 1st 3 days, you'll miss one of the room-specific menus, right? I am a total foodie and I want exposure to it ALL! Of course, I could totally do Parrot Cay twice -- love that menu. I'd probably want to skip Animator's food, but the show is what you go for, so I guess we can't.... and who knows what will happen after drydock in October anyway!

I had read that too, but in that thread they had mentioned that pirate night was night 3, at sea (the 2nd night in the same restaurant) and the room specific menus were nights 1,2 &4. Again, who knows what will happen by Dec. :confused3 I think we might have to wait for her to come out of drydock then start grilling all the eastern peeps we can as soon as they are back lol.

we like parrot cay's menu best as well (of course we're just going on reading the info, not experience lol). We made some pretty specific requests with the ol' TA (of course we're not the type to think twice if none of it happens) but we figured why not request it? So, we requested a table for 4, and also if our rotation could start with parrot cay. So, we'll let you know when all is said and done if we end up getting 1, both, or none lol. No biggie either way, but we figured it was worth a shot. When I had to call DCL for an unrelated matter i just asked "do you show any requests on our reservation?" and was told, Oh yes you have requested a dining table for 4 and for your rotation to start with Parrot Cay. Nothing is guaranteed but we will try our best for you." I was shocked it was actually in there, so we'll see. ;)

Joy, I'm just going with my suit pants, dress shirt, and tie on formal night. I know I won't be the best dressed, but from reading reports I shouldn't be the worst either. I know what you mean (well not about the dress, but about being uncomfortable lol). I just cant see dragging a tux along, taking up the packing space, AND being uncomfortable all night in 80-90 weather. Soooo, tell DH there'll be a least one guy without a jacket on, so he wouldnt be the only one. :rotfl:

Welcome to the new peeps (sorry didnt see your post sneak in there earlier) :thumbsup2

I had read that too, but in that thread they had mentioned that pirate night was night 3, at sea (the 2nd night in the same restaurant) and the room specific menus were nights 1,2 &4. Again, who knows what will happen by Dec. :confused3 I think we might have to wait for her to come out of drydock then start grilling all the eastern peeps we can as soon as they are back lol.

we like parrot cay's menu best as well (of course we're just going on reading the info, not experience lol). We made some pretty specific requests with the ol' TA (of course we're not the type to think twice if none of it happens) but we figured why not request it? So, we requested a table for 4, and also if our rotation could start with parrot cay. So, we'll let you know when all is said and done if we end up getting 1, both, or none lol. No biggie either way, but we figured it was worth a shot. When I had to call DCL for an unrelated matter i just asked "do you show any requests on our reservation?" and was told, Oh yes you have requested a dining table for 4 and for your rotation to start with Parrot Cay. Nothing is guaranteed but we will try our best for you." I was shocked it was actually in there, so we'll see. ;)

Joy, I'm just going with my suit pants, dress shirt, and tie on formal night. I know I won't be the best dressed, but from reading reports I shouldn't be the worst either. I know what you mean (well not about the dress, but about being uncomfortable lol). I just cant see dragging a tux along, taking up the packing space, AND being uncomfortable all night in 80-90 weather. Soooo, tell DH there'll be a least one guy without a jacket on, so he wouldnt be the only one. :rotfl:

Welcome to the new peeps (sorry didnt see your post sneak in there earlier) :thumbsup2

You are correct with the rotation. No one will miss the regular rotation menu. Otherwise they would have to come up with another menu and their not going to do that.

As for special requests, I put them in all the time. Personally, I requested a specific rotation twice and did not get it either time. We'll see what happens on my next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter