12/6/08 Eastern ~ ***CURRENT ROSTER pg 68, post # 1007!

Third installment on the 20 questions...

We will be staying in Disney the week before...we hope to arrive 12/1/08 and to be staying at the Grand Floridian... again I'm biting my nails on that as well because we want a magic kingdom view roomprincess:. We haven't booked yet though because we need our group reservation number since we'll be there for our Disney Fairytale Wedding :bride::groom: but should get that in the next week or so! :mickeyjum I'm sooooo excited waiting for that to happen. Also we'll be spending at least one night after the cruise at DW so we can do the Magic Kingdom photo shoot in our wedding garb! Not sure how much park time we'll get in since we'll have to do wedding stuff....

OK this should be the final set of answers from the first set of questions...

Most looking forward to CC - just because to me it's one of the top reasons I've always wanted to do a Disney cruise and because who wouldn't be dreaming of a nice tropical beach after all the wedding planning. Also excited about St. Thomas because based on my parents previous cruising I hear it's beautiful and they have good souvenir shopping there!

Oh I know it wasn't a questions but just to throw it in we're from NJ. I'm 29 and Erik is 35.

Don't really have a feeling either way on Love Boat but I did watch it occasionally as a kid.

Great meeting you all and look forward to chatting more as the cruise gets closer!

Thought I would give this a bump back to the top. A few months ago I thought I was going to have to cancel due to some work timing issues. I am glad I didn't give up hope because I was just offered a new position and that should hopefully open this time frame back up again for vacations. :woohoo:

We went to WDW in late November and had a blast but both kids were asking when we were going to the beach and back on the Mickey boat. I am very excited now to think that we may actually get to go. I can't wait to start really planning. Anyone have any excursion ideas already?

Howdy all

Checking back into the thread after being gone awhile. We had to cancel our July Mexico cruise due to obligations but we booked a trip to WDW for the end of this month so I'm OK with that.

Because we canceled our other cruise, we booked a cabin on this one for my MIL who was supposed to be with us in the summer.

Because we have the Cat 1 Roy Disney Suite she figures she will spend most of her time with us (Oh Joy) so we got a cat 12 for her.

I'm really excited that we will have a suite. It was a real surprise when they offered us the upgrade.

We will be sailing with our then 8, 9, 13 kids plus our 19 year old and her girlfriend and now adding the MIL. Our 21 year may want to join us.... so much for any time to get away for ourselves!

I did talk with my new boss and he doesn't see any problems with me taking that time off. My only concern now is DS will have to miss 6 days of school. I feel pretty guilty about it. I have looked at taking a cruise in January '09 when he would only miss 4 days but it will costs us almost $1000 more and I just don't want to spend that much.

I did talk with my new boss and he doesn't see any problems with me taking that time off. My only concern now is DS will have to miss 6 days of school. I feel pretty guilty about it. I have looked at taking a cruise in January '09 when he would only miss 4 days but it will costs us almost $1000 more and I just don't want to spend that much.

That's great that you will be able to get the time off. Hopefully you will be able to work something out.

Howdy all

Checking back into the thread after being gone awhile. We had to cancel our July Mexico cruise due to obligations but we booked a trip to WDW for the end of this month so I'm OK with that.

Because we canceled our other cruise, we booked a cabin on this one for my MIL who was supposed to be with us in the summer.

Because we have the Cat 1 Roy Disney Suite she figures she will spend most of her time with us (Oh Joy) so we got a cat 12 for her.

I'm really excited that we will have a suite. It was a real surprise when they offered us the upgrade.

We will be sailing with our then 8, 9, 13 kids plus our 19 year old and her girlfriend and now adding the MIL. Our 21 year may want to join us.... so much for any time to get away for ourselves!

Congrats on the upgrade! What catagory did you have before the upgrade?

We too will have to take DD4 (then 5) out of kindergarten. She will miss 10 days of school, but this is a once in a life time trip for her grandma so it will be worth it.

ahoy! pirate:

My wife and son will be on board this cruise. We're returning from Australia after cruising on board the DCL late last year for 3 nights. This is our first 7 night cruise & we're really looking forward to it.

My name's Chris, wife is Kylie and son Jackson (4).

We've got a cat 7 cabin, and we've been allocated the exact same cabin we had last time! (different boat though, you know what I mean....)

We're at the early dining sitting...

I haven't read the whole thread yet, just found it and wanted to say g'day.

cc

ahoy! pirate:

My wife and son will be on board this cruise. We're returning from Australia after cruising on board the DCL late last year for 3 nights. This is our first 7 night cruise & we're really looking forward to it.

My name's Chris, wife is Kylie and son Jackson (4).

We've got a cat 7 cabin, and we've been allocated the exact same cabin we had last time! (different boat though, you know what I mean....)

We're at the early dining sitting...

I haven't read the whole thread yet, just found it and wanted to say g'day.

cc

Welcome!

WELCOME!

I am getting sooo excited! Our pre-cruise DVC room has been booked... now just to watch out for good airfares. We have points on Delta to use but there aren't alot of flights available for free...

Hi Joy! :wave: I love the new pictures.....they sure have grown up a lot in the past year. :)

Welcome to all who have joined us recently. I am anxiously awaiting the new edition of the Passporter so I can start researching excursions a little more. My kids love the beach and DH seems to think that is what we should do at each port. I have heard great things about Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas and Orient Beach in St. Maarten is supposed to be nice but you have the whole nudity thing. My kids are young enough that they probably wouldn't notice a whole lot but I still think it would be strange.

We have booked our airfare already. Last year when we went to Hawaii, we got bumped and therefore ended up with vouchers for $400 or a free round trip ticket for the inconvenience.

Well last week I took the $400 for each voucher and booked. Went with the dollar value because it would allow me to use my miles to upgrade us to first class. The total difference we had to pay was $5 per ticket. :banana:

At this point we are upgraded to first class coming home. The seats for the way out there are not available yet. Will just have to keep calling until they are. :cool2:

Gotta love it when an airline gives you free stuff......:cheer2:

Nice job on the tickets Dom. We are planning on driving unless we get some really great airfare. I really love having our own car for the little bit of time we are in Cocoa Beach before the cruise. The drive is long but we have gotten where we kind of like it so the airfare will have to probably be around $100/person before we would consider flying. I have not seen airfare to Orlando that low since 2000.

I have been working like crazy this week (12 hour days) and I am so tired. It is nice to know that I have the cruise to look forward to. I currently have the MK Castle all lit up as my desktop on my work PC but I think today I am going to change it to a picture of the Magic. :)

I hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

I have been working like crazy this week (12 hour days) and I am so tired. It is nice to know that I have the cruise to look forward to. I currently have the MK Castle all lit up as my desktop on my work PC but I think today I am going to change it to a picture of the Magic. :)

I hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

Hi Becka,

I just did the exact same thing. Had the Castle lit up for Christmas until yesterday and then changed it to a sunset shot of the Magic. 315 days and counting. :banana: :banana:

Well, I think I finally figured out an itinerary for our pre/post cruise plans... I have to be at work on the 1st due to month-end reporting but we will fly out on the 2nd and spend the rest of the week at WDW, and then after the cruise, we will spend a couple days at Universal... we've never been and the kids are a good age now to enjoy everything there. DS is a coaster junkie and DD loves Dr. Suess and Scooby Doo and whatnot... I am getting so excited!

Hi All,
Made a deposit for this cruise for my family of 4, this will be our first cruise. Looking forward to meet some great Disney fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter