12:30 lunch too soon after 7:00 breakfast?

microcarter

Earning My Ears
This is my family's first trip to WDW and have found the food scheduling really difficult! Right now we have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for breakfast at 7:00 (we'll have our car) and an ADR at Coral Reef for a 12:30 lunch.

7:00 is a really early breakfast but is 12:30 at Coral Reef too soon to eat? My 21 month old starts crashing much later than this. What do you think? Will we be hungry by then with all the walking we'll be doing?

BTW I tried for a dinner reservation and couldn't get one earlier than 8:30 - not good with an 8, 4, and 1 year old!

Thanks for any help.

You should be OK. Chef Mickey's is a buffet, though. You might want to watch yourself there so you aren't well overstuffed getting out of there. Well fed, but not so uncomfortable you find it difficult to walk.

Make sure you take snacks for your little one in case he/she isn't hungry at 12:30. As long as you don't order him/her a kid's meal, it'll be free if off your plate.

Have fun. The one thing you don't have to worry about at Disney World is food!

When we've been in summer, we try to schedule lunch around 11:30. By that time, everyone wants to get out of the heat. My boys were 4 and 6 the first time we went and they really weren't up for two big meals in one day.

Could you go to Chef Mickey's on one day and Coral Reef on another? I really over-scheduled our first trip. Now I make one ADR per day and play the rest by ear. Is that a possibility for you?

Our group is usually too full after a breakfast buffet to eat a full lunch and I can't imagine paying for the buffet and taking it easy to save room. (Maybe that's just a complete lack of self control on my part, however.) As a result, we usually just plan for a light snack after a buffet breakfast and then schedule something for dinner.

Our group is usually too full after a breakfast buffet to eat a full lunch and I can't imagine paying for the buffet and taking it easy to save room. (Maybe that's just a complete lack of self control on my part, however.) As a result, we usually just plan for a light snack after a buffet breakfast and then schedule something for dinner.

ITA

For me, it would be too much. I try not to put two TS meals one right after the other. Esp. if one's a buffet. It might be entirely too tempting to overeat. I would try to make either a later lunch res for Coral Reef or an early dinner, if you must do them on the same day.

When we tried to do a breakfast TS and do another TS for dinner, it was too much food. I can't imagine kids eating much at a sit down lunch after having all the buffet food for breakfast.

That would be way too much for my family.. we always try to make our lunch the latest time possible so we are not charged as much as we would for dinner... Disney portions are huge.. I think you will be stuffed!

We did a 7:30 am at Cape May and a 12:30 at Le Cellier for lunch and believe me when lunch time came around we were starving! We must have really walked off all those calories from breakfast :rotfl:

Thanks for all the replies. I think my DD and I would be fine with the two times but my 2 DS's (4 & 21 months) & DH might not be ready, so I did some rescheduling. I now have a 12:10 lunch for Coral Reef on one day (20 minutes can be a big difference with a 21 month old) and was amazingly able to reschedule breakfast at Chef Mickey's on another day.

We don't go to WDW for another month but never again will I wait until 5 weeks beforehand to schedule ADR's. Crazy!

Thanks again guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter