• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

QUOTE=Stephsong;43306711]
I am sure I speak for everyone, but I am looking forward to this cruise. But I will have to say, for the first few days It will be rough. Because of my commute, I am up @ 4am. Even on weekends, I get up they early, so I guess I will be seeing the cleaning crew at that time. :surfweb:

I can definitely sympathize. I teach high school, and I'm usually up around 4:30 - 5:00 getting ready. I'm learning to sneak, though, so I'll probably just keep some comfy clothes beside the bed, and then sneak out of the cabin to roam the halls in quiet. I'll wave at you! :-)

I can definitely sympathize. I teach high school, and I'm usually up around 4:30 - 5:00 getting ready. I'm learning to sneak, though, so I'll probably just keep some comfy clothes beside the bed, and then sneak out of the cabin to roam the halls in quiet. I'll wave at you! :-)

Same here, I try to gets few laps in while looking at the sunrise:cool1:. And with the new phones, my wife can let me know when to bring her some tea:thumbsup2.

QUOTE=Stephsong;43306711]Hi, we are staying at the airport Hyatt on Thursday night as well. I think someone mentioned getting together for coffee the next morning? There is a Starbucks in the airport lobby not far from the hotel. That might be a good meeting spot.

Well, if you see a red headed woman with 2 girls , one who will be bouncing off the walls with excitement and the other one with her iPod plugged in pretending not to be excited at Starbucks, that will be me... :lmao:.. I will try and make it and if not I will be seeing all of you at the first meet on the ship on New Years Eve!! :thumbsup2

I'm just finishing up my university classes and have 2 exams to write next Wednesday, then Thursday I leave for Las Vegas with 6 of the best ladies I know... I will need this cruise to get some rest because I'm sure you all know that you don't go to Vegas for rest and relaxation.. :rotfl:

Hi, we are staying at the airport Hyatt on Thursday night as well. I think someone mentioned getting together for coffee the next morning? There is a Starbucks in the airport lobby not far from the hotel. That might be a good meeting spot.

Stephanie

To all, have a happy pre-thanksgiving day. Both of us can't wait to meet all of you in 37 days. :hourglass

Starbucks sounds like a good place to meet. We will firm up a time as we get closer. If I remember, the happy bus to the port leaves about 10am, but they wanted us to check in about 30min before. So I would say if we want to meet up, how does 8:30 sound?:eek:

8:30 at the Starbucks works for me! Might even be able to convince DH to actually come with me, for a caramel macchiatto! :scared1: He's a bit shy.
I am sure I speak for everyone, but I am looking forward to this cruise. But I will have to say, for the first few days It will be rough. Because of my commute, I am up @ 4am. Even on weekends, I get up they early, so I guess I will be seeing the cleaning crew at that time. :surfweb:

DH and I are both night shifters, so we're usually up and rattling around at odd hours. We can all wave at one another!

Nemo,

Please bring back a venti Joy tea with 4 Splenda.

Figment

8:30 at the Starbucks works for me! Might even be able to convince DH to actually come with me, for a caramel macchiatto! :scared1: He's a bit shy.

DH and I are both night shifters, so we're usually up and rattling around at odd hours. We can all wave at one another!

QUOTE=Stephsong;43306711]Hi, we are staying at the airport Hyatt on Thursday night as well. I think someone mentioned getting together for coffee the next morning? There is a Starbucks in the airport lobby not far from the hotel. That might be a good meeting spot.

Well, if you see a red headed woman with 2 girls , one who will be bouncing off the walls with excitement and the other one with her iPod plugged in pretending not to be excited at Starbucks, that will be me... :lmao:.. I will try and make it and if not I will be seeing all of you at the first meet on the ship on New Years Eve!! :thumbsup2

I will be on the lookout for you because my daughter wants to meet your soon-to-be 8 year old. Emily is 8 and a little shy sometimes so she likes the idea of meeting some other girls prior to the kids club chaos.

Good luck with your exams!

Stephanie
I'm just finishing up my university classes and have 2 exams to write next Wednesday, then Thursday I leave for Las Vegas with 6 of the best ladies I know... I will need this cruise to get some rest because I'm sure you all know that you don't go to Vegas for rest and relaxation.. :rotfl:

I'll be there. My husband is thethe introvert of the family, plus he doesn't drink coffee:confused: but I might get him to come along.

Ugh I worked rotating days/night for a few years. Don't miss those night shifts at all. I'm out of the house by 5:30 am on work days. so there may be a whole group of us early risers out on deck 4. Hmmm, in fact, that's a great time to actually get ahold of some chairs by the adult pool on sea days!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Our cruise documents arrived today! Anyone else get theirs? I'm already setting things aside. I have most of the clothes for my DH and I hanging in one spot of the closet. Don't laugh, but I'll probably drag out the suitcases in a week or two.

Judy

We did not get our cruise documents but received our Disney Express Transportation information and luggage tags. 1 problem they only sent 1luggage tag for each of us which means I have to make a phone call. They used to always send 2 tags per person. Anyway no big deal I am sure we can make do. I am just so excited 34 more days till I get on the plane. I have been dreaming big lately about excursions,poolside and bingo!. See you soon. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went really well. I am now decorating the house for Christmas. All the student papers are graded and I am having fun. It is time to sing Hakuna Mahtata!:santa::dance3:

They only send one tag now because of the airlines. With most charging for even one bag, it wasn't worth it for them to send more. Call and they will be happy to send you extra.

We did not get our cruise documents but received our Disney Express Transportation information and luggage tags. 1 problem they only sent 1luggage tag for each of us which means I have to make a phone call. They used to always send 2 tags per person. Anyway no big deal I am sure we can make do. I am just so excited 34 more days till I get on the plane. I have been dreaming big lately about excursions,poolside and bingo!. See you soon. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went really well. I am now decorating the house for Christmas. All the student papers are graded and I am having fun. It is time to sing Hakuna Mahtata!:santa::dance3:

I have not received my cruise documents either....but mine get sent to my TA...so I guess they could be here anytime now.... I'm getting my house ready for christmas, preparing for 2 university final exams and packing for a trip to Las Vegas... I can't wait to smell the ocean air.. No in Vegas..in the Caribbean!!! :lmao:

That wonderful booklet with all of the cruise information was waiting for me when I got back from my (SNOWY) Vermont Thanksgiving. I love these booklets!
Strangely, although I'm a solo traveler, and light packer, I got 2 luggage tags!
Go figure.

We received our documents, two luggage tags each and our room assignment. No Pixie Dust, but it looks to be in a great location. DH's philosophy is that if it is on the ship, it is the BEST room! I agree.

They only send one tag now because of the airlines. With most charging for even one bag, it wasn't worth it for them to send more. Call and they will be happy to send you extra.

Yes I found that out when I called. They are sending two more one for each of us. We are flying Southwest. It is dreaming time. I have students that are really trying to work a nerve but they can't because of what I have on the horizon. Also I am suppose to hear if I made it for second interview on the full time position on Monday. The list I thought was finalized when I realized we needed one more room number so I sent an email. As soon as I hear from that group I will send it out so you can all check your list. Get ready set cruise!:santa::dance3:

It's the last big push before the end of the semester for me. I still have one official evaluation to get through, which is its own sort of grief, but the cruise is my light at the end of the tunnel. I keep telling myself that, no matter how bad the review, it's over in three weeks, and then I can breathe a sigh of relief while everyone caters to me. :-)

Don't laugh, but I'll probably drag out the suitcases in a week or two.

:confused3 Why would we laugh? :lmao: Mine have been in the open position in the spare bedroom for weeks...I've already been tossing in FE gifts as they're finished, little things I've picked up at the store for the trip, summer clothes I'm going to pack (made more sense to just throw them in the case now rather than put them in the bins and then drag them out when it's time to pack). Nothing wrong with getting a jump start. And if it makes me feel like the cruise is closer, so much the better for me! :banana::banana::banana:

Haven't gotten our cruise docs yet, but I'm haunting the mailbox. They should be here any time. Hope they sent us two tags, as some have said, and not just one each - we're also flying Southwest so we can check 2! Probably won't need all 4 bags on the way there, but somehow, there's always more coming home than going when we travel...:confused3

I just can't wait! :dance3: Even DH is getting excited, he tends to try and block out the cruise talk until around the 30 day mark. He says he can't stand the waiting and anticipation much more than that, so he just lets me take my DISboards therapy! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter