12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

I assume you are talking about the Hyatt at the Orlando airport? If so, we are also staying there. We stayed there our for first disney cruise (pre DVC), and it worked out great. We will not be getting there (as of now) until late because we are both working that thursday. But we are hoping to leave early and go standby. :banana: Have you stayed there before?

My daughters and I are staying at the MCO Hyatt as well. We are coming in later evening.

I can't wait for this trip... We had our first snowfall here in Alberta and I'm ready to leave.... ;) Though we had less then 1/2 a inch fall and you can still see the grass and its warm enough outside right now that the little bit of snow is going to melt... I still want to leave!!! :cool1:

Yes, we are staying at the airport Hyatt. We have never stayed there before, but it comes highly recommended from this board, so we are VERY happy to give it a try! :woohoo: Our flight comes in well before the check-in time, but we did request early check in and we'll find out when we get there if they have anything available. Even so, there's plenty to do in the airport - as I know only too well :sad2: Our first trip, I really went all out to make sure we booked a flight that would leave us plenty of time to get off the ship and through customs...and we were at the airport by 10am, for a 5pm flight. :scared1: It was so early, we couldn't even check our bags yet. So I got VERY familiar with the airport and ALL it has to offer! :rotfl2: DH is particularly looking forward to the pool...guess I'll have to get the baggies ready for transporting a wet swimsuit even before I get on the ship!!!:lmao:

Yes, we are staying at the airport Hyatt. We have never stayed there before, but it comes highly recommended from this board, so we are VERY happy to give it a try! :woohoo: Our flight comes in well before the check-in time, but we did request early check in and we'll find out when we get there if they have anything available. Even so, there's plenty to do in the airport - as I know only too well :sad2: Our first trip, I really went all out to make sure we booked a flight that would leave us plenty of time to get off the ship and through customs...and we were at the airport by 10am, for a 5pm flight. :scared1: It was so early, we couldn't even check our bags yet. So I got VERY familiar with the airport and ALL it has to offer! :rotfl2: DH is particularly looking forward to the pool...guess I'll have to get the baggies ready for transporting a wet swimsuit even before I get on the ship!!!:lmao:

The Hyatt at MCO is perfect... we stayed there in February for our first cruise. I loved that when I checked in I told them I was going on a Disney Cruise and they gave me all the info I needed about having my bags checked right at the hotel. In the morning I just left my bags in the room and the bellman came and got them and took them down to the DCL transfer.. Next time I seen them was on the ship at about 5pm... I just love that the hotel is right at the airport. You land , grab your bags and walk straight to the hotel.. And there is lots of dining options... I personally think it is the best way to go!!!

Hi Everyone;
I added Stephsong. Please add her to your lists as well. I am still waiting for a few last minute stateroom numbers. Those of you that have not reported state room numbers to me we need to know where you will be please. They should be coming by next week I would think. As I stated before during Thanksgiving weekend I will PM each and everyone on the list and you can PM each and me with stateroom numbers if you have them by them or before. You can also call the cruise line. We will finalize all by DEC 1st. Happy Planning!!! I did not hear back from anyone about being at Saratoga Springs???? No DVC members on this list?:santa::dance3:

We are DVC, but will be partying at the Hyatt the night before we leave!

Hi Everyone;
I added Stephsong. Please add her to your lists as well. I am still waiting for a few last minute stateroom numbers. Those of you that have not reported state room numbers to me we need to know where you will be please. They should be coming by next week I would think. As I stated before during Thanksgiving weekend I will PM each and everyone on the list and you can PM each and me with stateroom numbers if you have them by them or before. You can also call the cruise line. We will finalize all by DEC 1st. Happy Planning!!! I did not hear back from anyone about being at Saratoga Springs???? No DVC members on this list?:santa::dance3:

We have stayed at the Hyatt befo and it is great. Comfy and convienent. All us Hyatt-ers should meet for coffee in the morning to get the party started!

Okay it sounds like that is the happening place. It is Judi's first time ever to Orlando so I am showing off the sites as much as possible before and after. The night before we will mostly do Downtown Disney. After we come back we hope to take in Epcott. Of course that means Bingo winnings. Anyone a Bingo maniac?:santa::dance3:

Hey there I was just looking at our Fe list. We only need staterooms for the following 4 people: Marcy In Florida; CaptJack and Crew;CamFamLUvs Disney;PMM0724;. I have not read postings for these people lately if anyone has been PM or chatting with them let them know, then I can send out the final list. Thanks.:santa::yay::dance3:

As I start the busiest week of the year , I can't help but think that all I want to do is smell the ocean air and hear the sweet sound of " When you wish upon a Star" over the speakers on the Magic.... Oh the life of University Student, Single Mother, HR Consultant never ends.... Wish me luck that I come out alive!!! :lmao:

Hey there I was just looking at our Fe list. We only need staterooms for the following 4 people: Marcy In Florida; CaptJack and Crew;CamFamLUvs Disney;PMM0724;. I have not read postings for these people lately if anyone has been PM or chatting with them let them know, then I can send out the final list. Thanks.:santa::yay::dance3:

We do not have a room number yet. I spoke to DCL last week and was told that sometimes if they hold off on GTY rooms then maybe you get a better upgrade, so I'm okay waiting for an assignment.
I don't mind if you send out the list to everyone and then I can send my own PM as soon as I know. I hate to hold up everyone else.
Quick question for some of you. I am doing one main gift per room. If you are traveling with a friend are you doing one gift from your room or are both adults doing their own FE gifts?
Thanks.

We do not have a room number yet. I spoke to DCL last week and was told that sometimes if they hold off on GTY rooms then maybe you get a better upgrade, so I'm okay waiting for an assignment.
I don't mind if you send out the list to everyone and then I can send my own PM as soon as I know. I hate to hold up everyone else.
Quick question for some of you. I am doing one main gift per room. If you are traveling with a friend are you doing one gift from your room or are both adults doing their own FE gifts?
Thanks.

We also do not have a cabin assignment. Final payments were due 45 days out and that was yesterday, we were told that after that date is often when Disney assigns GTYs as they have a clearer idea of exactly which cabins are unaccounted for. This means that some of the GTY assignments may occur later in the week or next week.

I do like Cptjackandcrew idea of getting upgrades though!

We have done one full cabin gift per stateroom and then one item for each member of the travellng party (these individual items are the same for adults and kids in the cabin). Not clear but don't want to give our items away before delivery :) You do have a good point though if two adults are sharing a cabin who are not in the same family should a seperate gift be given to each one?

Everyone has the main list. As long as we get the room numbers in time before people start traveling we are okay. I figure Dec 1st is a great date for Disney and us because of the dates and holidays, We shall see and go from there.:santa::dance3:

Thanks.

We shall see. Disney should have you all settled by Dec 1st. I thought that would be a good date before we all get busy with the holidays and traveling, packing etc. I will not be sending the list out till then because I am swamped.:santa::dance3:

40 DAYS !!!!!!!! :cool1::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

I'm so excited it's not even funny... Not close to actually being ready to go, but in my mind... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to go!!! My DD's are going to die when I tell them on Christmas morning that we are going on another DCL... they think we are going to Phoenix in February for a Winter Vacation. ;)

Now to get my FE gifts together... I will figure it out!!!

40 DAYS !!!!!!!! :cool1::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

I'm so excited it's not even funny... Not close to actually being ready to go, but in my mind... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to go!!! My DD's are going to die when I tell them on Christmas morning that we are going on another DCL... they think we are going to Phoenix in February for a Winter Vacation. ;)

Now to get my FE gifts together... I will figure it out!!!

I am surprise you have been able to keep this from them. They will be really excited. There are going to be many happy children on this trip! I too cannot wait! With all these interviews and the normal college teacher stress I am so ready for my lounge chair and ice cream by the pool. Move out of my way kids the vanilla is all mine! haha!:santa::dance3: By the way the first two interviews for the first two positions were practice. The third is on Monday. All of you that pray I could use it. This one pays 84, 000 per year. I really think God has been preparing me for this one.

Just figured I'd introduce myself. I'm MarcyIn Florida's husband. :)

Last time I was super active on my cruise board, but the date has snuck up on me! Anyway, looking forward to talking to all of you, and bumping into you on the ship in just over a month! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! Welcome BomaJack!

As I worked on my Fish Extender gifts this weekend, I was wondering if people would be ok with adding first names to the list? I have individual gifts for everyone, and would like to label them a little more personally than "to the 14 year old female."

Bpescar, I think you were planning to send out the final list after Dec. 1? Can we PM you with names? I don't mean to saddle you with a lot of extra work, so I can update the list if you need assistance. I hope your job interview went well today! :cheer2:

I'm starting to dream of warm sand, cold Conch Coolers :drinking1 and ocean breezes. Only 17 more work shifts to get through first....

I wish all of you a lovely family and friend-filled Thanksgiving Day!

Stephanie

My daughters and I are staying at the MCO Hyatt as well. We are coming in later evening.

I can't wait for this trip... We had our first snowfall here in Alberta and I'm ready to leave.... ;) Though we had less then 1/2 a inch fall and you can still see the grass and its warm enough outside right now that the little bit of snow is going to melt... I still want to leave!!! :cool1:

Hi, we are staying at the airport Hyatt on Thursday night as well. I think someone mentioned getting together for coffee the next morning? There is a Starbucks in the airport lobby not far from the hotel. That might be a good meeting spot.

Stephanie

QUOTE=Stephsong;43306711]Hi, we are staying at the airport Hyatt on Thursday night as well. I think someone mentioned getting together for coffee the next morning? There is a Starbucks in the airport lobby not far from the hotel. That might be a good meeting spot.

Stephanie[/QUOTE]

To all, have a happy pre-thanksgiving day. Both of us can't wait to meet all of you in 37 days. :hourglass

Starbucks sounds like a good place to meet. We will firm up a time as we get closer. If I remember, the happy bus to the port leaves about 10am, but they wanted us to check in about 30min before. So I would say if we want to meet up, how does 8:30 sound?:eek:

I am sure I speak for everyone, but I am looking forward to this cruise. But I will have to say, for the first few days It will be rough. Because of my commute, I am up @ 4am. Even on weekends, I get up they early, so I guess I will be seeing the cleaning crew at that time. :surfweb:

Hi Everyone! Welcome BomaJack!

As I worked on my Fish Extender gifts this weekend, I was wondering if people would be ok with adding first names to the list? I have individual gifts for everyone, and would like to label them a little more personally than "to the 14 year old female."

Bpescar, I think you were planning to send out the final list after Dec. 1? Can we PM you with names? I don't mean to saddle you with a lot of extra work, so I can update the list if you need assistance. I hope your job interview went well today! :cheer2:

I'm starting to dream of warm sand, cold Conch Coolers :drinking1 and ocean breezes. Only 17 more work shifts to get through first....

I wish all of you a lovely family and friend-filled Thanksgiving Day!

Stephanie

HI Stephanie,
I will PM you our names if that helps with your FEs. Pbescar told us she would send an update Dec. 1 when I forwarded her our cabin # that had been on guarantee until next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter