12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

Okay Everyone
I have sent out a tentative master list to each of the people who responded to my PMs so please check your PMs. Everyone on the list should have received a list. I had a little trouble with the formatting so hopefully it is readable for all. If anyone did not receive theirs or has questions let me know. I will try to check in as many times as possible however my next two weeks are very hectic as you can read by my postings. See you soon . I will keep chatting.:santa::dance3:

Thanks for the info on transportation, we got it figured out.

Another question, just so we are prepared. How formal is the formal night. Are we talking Tuxes and evening gowns or shirt/tie and nice dress?

I also read somewhere about another dress-up day, I think it was Pirate themed?

Since it is New Years eve and formal night we are bringing suits for the men (and boys) and gowns for the women. We also told the kids they had to pose for a picture and eat dinner with us in the dining room.

We are going all out... I am bringing my tux and my DW will be in a gown. It has been awhile for the both of us to get that dressed up on a cruise.

Since it is New Years eve and formal night we are bringing suits for the men (and boys) and gowns for the women. We also told the kids they had to pose for a picture and eat dinner with us in the dining room.

Hi Everyone,
If anyone is traveling on this sailing as an Interliner (employee of the airlines) and you will only be using one of your two cabin allocations, could you PM me? I have questions for you.
thanks in advance.

I'm one of those peple in jeans in the dining rooms on casual nights. I'm there to relax and chill out, so I do nice jeans with a sparkly shirt or something along those lines. With all the airline restrictions, I just can't pack a bunch of additional dresses, shoes and purses.

Plus I'm always cold, so it saves me from having to go back to the room immediate after dinner and change before the show. And why bring something I'm only going to wear for a couple hours at the most.

And I dearly love all the dresses I would wear in the dining room and could not stand it if the airline lost them! I usually take my dressy shirts (they fold well) in my carry on and a pair of nice jeans, just in case. I'm totally paranoid, especially trying to buy jeans on the fly (ladies, you all know what I'm talking about).

You really will see everything in the dining room. But people ususally do stick to the no shorts & tank tops.

I copied this off the DCL website:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
Dress code at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Dress code at Remy on all cruises:

A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Personally, I've never noticed anyone wearing jeans in the main dining rooms. My DH wears khaki pants with polo or long sleeved shirts.
I posted this earlier, but for those who might have missed it:
December 31st-Formal Night
January 3rd-Pirate Night
January 5th -Semi-Formal

Thanks for organizing! We have our stateroom number, and I will PM it to you!

Okay Everyone
I have sent out a tentative master list to each of the people who responded to my PMs so please check your PMs. Everyone on the list should have received a list. I had a little trouble with the formatting so hopefully it is readable for all. If anyone did not receive theirs or has questions let me know. I will try to check in as many times as possible however my next two weeks are very hectic as you can read by my postings. See you soon . I will keep chatting.:santa::dance3:

50 DAYS TILL WE SET SAIL!!!!!!! :cool1::dance3::cheer2::banana::yay:

It's a good thing I'm not excited at all!!!! :lmao:

My FE came in the mail today it and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I got my DD's pillowcases to get autographed by all the Characters....

I can't wait to actually read a book that is not university/business based!!!! :woohoo:

We leave in 41 days!!!!!!! Those days need to fly by because I can not have another week like this one. Had to call DSS twice never fun phone calls to make.

Getting all are goodies gathered for the FE exchange. Really looking forward to this cruise we have done NYE with the masses in the parks it will be nice change to experience it in a less crowded situation.

Melissa

Hey Everyone: First interview for the first position I applied for is completed. 2 more to go. One next Thursday and the other on the 21st. Having applied for three different positions in full time teaching I feel extremely lucky to have been chosen for all 3. Anyway I have managed to check in on the boards daily and tried to reply. I am so excited to be cruising after my hectic and intense semester and even more so now after the preparation for these events. Those of you teachers know what I am talking about. It is such a competitive market that I have to make sure I am on my toes for every step of the process. This is round one for each position then they will tell us who made it to round 2. Sounds like American Idol doesn't it. I have to tell you it feels like it also. The first one went very well and I feel pretty confident, however my competition is stiff. The second I am preparing the teaching demo for today. I feel as confident about it as well. I always practice on my students before the interview to make sure I have the timing correct and the lesson done correctly.
Thank goodness I have been staying busy though through the countdown.49 days til we set sail. You can look for me on deck by the pool on a lounge with my tropical non-alcoholic drink in hand waving goodbye to the land lovers as we depart!

PS Keep the stateroom number updates coming. I will post the final copy DEC 1st. You should all be able to at least plan gifts at this point. All we need to know now is where people will be staying, correct? Judy and I plan to be at the first Dis Meet on the first Sea Day . Promenade Lounge at 1030am. The second Sea day someone else will have to be leader for that at Diversions at 11am, please.:santa::dance3:

We have never done a guarantee before and are anxiously waitiang for the actual cabin number. Who has done a guarantee and how far out did you find out? We are cat 5C guarantee so we know it is a balancony but we keep checking each day and have not yet been assigned.

7 weeks today until the Sail Away Party! :cool1:

We have done a GTY a few times and we did an 11C GTY on this cruise. We have received our room assignment and got what we booked (11c). Usually, they have the assignments done about 6 weeks before the cruise. Since you are still a GTY, you could use some PD ... pixiedust: Good luck on getting an upgrade.

:cool1: ANOTHER PREP JOB DONE! :cool1:

I (finally) booked the Hyatt for the night before the cruise. Anyone else staying there Thursday and want to meet before we meet? Would that be called a pre-meeting meeting? :rotfl:

:dance3:Sorry I am WAY too excited...I NEED this vacation in the worst way.

I (finally) booked the Hyatt for the night before the cruise. Anyone else staying there Thursday and want to meet before we meet? Would that be called a pre-meeting meeting? :rotfl:

I assume you are talking about the Hyatt at the Orlando airport? If so, we are also staying there. We stayed there our for first disney cruise (pre DVC), and it worked out great. We will not be getting there (as of now) until late because we are both working that thursday. But we are hoping to leave early and go standby. :banana: Have you stayed there before?

I assume you are talking about the Hyatt at the Orlando airport? If so, we are also staying there. We stayed there our for first disney cruise (pre DVC), and it worked out great. We will not be getting there (as of now) until late because we are both working that thursday. But we are hoping to leave early and go standby. :banana: Have you stayed there before?

My daughters and I are staying at the MCO Hyatt as well. We are coming in later evening.

I can't wait for this trip... We had our first snowfall here in Alberta and I'm ready to leave.... ;) Though we had less then 1/2 a inch fall and you can still see the grass and its warm enough outside right now that the little bit of snow is going to melt... I still want to leave!!! :cool1:

Got a large portion of my FE gifts today. Have to go back and get more because I wasn't prepared and forgot how many rooms were participating. YEAH, it's getting closer!:cool1:

Judi and I will be at Saratoga Springs the night before and using Disney transportation to the port. Anyone else staying there? Our flights are coming in at 5pm so we wont get to the resort till about 7pm. Since we are coming from Southern CA. our change of planes is in Las Vegas. Anyone coming from Southern Ca?:santa::dance3:

We are staying at VWL and taking Disney transporation to the port, so I guess we will be on a different bus. :)

Hi everyone,

Please add my family to your master fish extender list. I haven't been online in a few weeks so I missed bpescar's request for a response. My daughter (age 8) and I have been working on our Fish Extender and gifts, so she will be heartbroken if I've screwed this up!

We are in cabin 7563, 2 adults and 1 8-year old.

Bpescar - when you have a chance, could you PM me the master list? Good luck on your interviews!

I look forward to meeting you all!

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter