• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

It is great to see all the excitement on the boards lately. The FE list is almost finalized so I will send it out for each of you to check it for accuracy next week. Then when we get staterooms you can let me know and I will make a final version. Than you should be able to print. I am really counting down in my classrooms every day I play the deck party music my husband down loaded from I Tunes and I have some music tracks on a CD. It is awesome to dance to this in practice for our cruise. Judi and I both lost 2 more pound this week so we may have to exchange our formal dresses for a smaller size before we set sail. Such problems eh! It has been one of my hardest and stressful semesters ever so I am looking forward to my come what may attitude. Give my Disney, Give me Magic and Give me peace!:santa::dance3:

CAM FAM,

Someone else also brought to my attention that Tortola Charters were not replying to emails. I did check cruise critic and found all the new negative posts about them. Seems that they may have gone out of business. I plan on doing something different the day we are there. I'm nervous about them not showing up for us.

Judy

Does anyone have any suggestions on transportation to the port?

I do the Disney Ground transportation. Some say it is a bit pricey but for the no hassle of baggage and the fact that Disney is taking care of you every part of the trip I feel secure and ready to relax. Just call up Disney Reservations and ask for Disney Ground Transportation, tell them what you want it for, they will take care of everything. :santa::dance3:

We don't usually get the trick or treat crowd as we live in a 55 and up community. I was looking at our list and it is looking like we have 17families signed up. For those of you new to this you will see Fe hanging through out the halls that are not on our list. They have their own list going from some other communication but if you have any extra goodies it is always fun to stick something in as you are secretly going up and down the hallways trying not to be seen. I only caught one couple once. Most everyone seems to be very clever on the timing.:santa::dance3:

We leave in 49 days!!!! Fe gifts are basically ready now I'm trying to decide which clothes to take with me. We are going to be gone a total of 17 days with 14 of those on the ship. I'm trying desperately not to over pack and be hit with a luggage fee from the airlines. I hate doing laundry on vaca but I may not have a choice.

Melissa

You could ship the items? Take enough for 7 days, the odds of running into the same people are slim. My wife does the same thing. You could always who's luggage is who's.:lmao:

We leave in 49 days!!!! Fe gifts are basically ready now I'm trying to decide which clothes to take with me. We are going to be gone a total of 17 days with 14 of those on the ship. I'm trying desperately not to over pack and be hit with a luggage fee from the airlines. I hate doing laundry on vaca but I may not have a choice.

Melissa

You could ship the items? Take enough for 7 days, the odds of running into the same people are slim. My wife does the same thing. You could always who's luggage is who's.:lmao:

I plan on shipping non clothing items like room decorations and fe stuff. It's clothes and shoes that are the issue after losing luggage once I'm terrified they will do it again so everyone shares suitcases and we spread stuff out. That way if a bag is lost at least we have a few items.

Melissa

We don't usually get the trick or treat crowd as we live in a 55 and up community. I was looking at our list and it is looking like we have 17families signed up. For those of you new to this you will see Fe hanging through out the halls that are not on our list. They have their own list going from some other communication but if you have any extra goodies it is always fun to stick something in as you are secretly going up and down the hallways trying not to be seen. I only caught one couple once. Most everyone seems to be very clever on the timing.:santa::dance3:

I just sent you a PM. I thought that I had signed up for FE, but just noticed that I might not have sent my PM from several weeks ago. Could we please be #18 if I wasn't on the list?

Hi Everyone; The list is complete except for stateroom numbers. I will post the list on a PM for each of you to check tomorrow evening for accuracy. As soon as you have your stateroom numbers please follow up and let me know what they are. I was having trouble sending this as an attachment so I will probably have to copy and paste it into the message area. I currently have it on a spreadsheet but that looks like it might not work out in the message area. I will have to work out the techno bugs tomorrow. I am working on school stuff because I was just notified that I will be interviewed next week for a full time position for Professor for next year. I have some stiff competition so I have had to stop playing Disney and plan for this. I should be able to get the list to you tomorrow night.:santa::dance3:

Hi Everyone; The list is complete except for stateroom numbers. I will post the list on a PM for each of you to check tomorrow evening for accuracy. As soon as you have your stateroom numbers please follow up and let me know what they are. I was having trouble sending this as an attachment so I will probably have to copy and paste it into the message area. I currently have it on a spreadsheet but that looks like it might not work out in the message area. I will have to work out the techno bugs tomorrow. I am working on school stuff because I was just notified that I will be interviewed next week for a full time position for Professor for next year. I have some stiff competition so I have had to stop playing Disney and plan for this. I should be able to get the list to you tomorrow night.:santa::dance3:

:scared1: Why, bpescar, I am shocked that something came between you and a Disney project! What on earth were you thinking??? :lmao:

Take all the time you need, we're not going anywhere...well, not until the end of December, anyway! ;)

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEW!!! Fingers crossed for you! :thumbsup2:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for the info on transportation, we got it figured out.

Another question, just so we are prepared. How formal is the formal night. Are we talking Tuxes and evening gowns or shirt/tie and nice dress?

I also read somewhere about another dress-up day, I think it was Pirate themed?

Thanks for the info on transportation, we got it figured out.

Another question, just so we are prepared. How formal is the formal night. Are we talking Tuxes and evening gowns or shirt/tie and nice dress?

I also read somewhere about another dress-up day, I think it was Pirate themed?

Since this is an 8 night cruise, there will be a formal night, a semi-formal night, a Pirate night, and the rest will be "cruise casual".

For formal night, you will see anything from casual clothes up to and including tuxes/gowns. You don't HAVE to dress up, but if you want to, you won't be the only ones. They won't turn you away, no matter what you're wearing.

Semi-formal night is the same...some people like to go all out, some will wear jeans.

On pirate night, some people go full-costume (there is a great thread on here with pictures of what people have done), others keep it low-key with bandanas and eye patches only, and some people don't dress up at all. Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable!

I copied this off the DCL website:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
Dress code at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Dress code at Remy on all cruises:

A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Personally, I've never noticed anyone wearing jeans in the main dining rooms. My DH wears khaki pants with polo or long sleeved shirts.
I posted this earlier, but for those who might have missed it:
December 31st-Formal Night
January 3rd-Pirate Night
January 5th -Semi-Formal

:scared1: Why, bpescar, I am shocked that something came between you and a Disney project! What on earth were you thinking??? :lmao:

Take all the time you need, we're not going anywhere...well, not until the end of December, anyway! ;)

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEW!!! Fingers crossed for you! :thumbsup2:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
FE list just sent out. Please check it . I had a bit of trouble wit formatting so let me know if all is readable on your end. By the way now I have 2 interviews coming up as I had applied for two positions at 2 colleges and both have called with interest.Yippee I am loved, at least on paper. Now all I have to do is show them who I really am. A teacher who teaches with enthusiasm an very animated which students learn best from because I do not feed them what they need to know; I draw out from them what they need to learn. Anyway let me know about the list and yes keep those fingers crossed!:santa::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter