12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

We just booked this week and this will be our 5th Disney cruise. :yay: After a very Disney 2010/2011 (11 night Christmas Cruise last Christmas, Disneyland Paris over March Break, Disney World in July and Disneyland for Labour Day), then bought DVC in September, we didn't plan to take a cruise this year. But never say never! A great deal came our way this week and we couldn't pass it up.:woohoo: Especially since the kids were in agreement and soon one will be off at university. We are a family of four, myself, DH, DS16 and DD13.

We would like to take part in FEs, please add us to the list. I will PM Bpescar.

If anyone has a DD 13 or 14 our DD would love to communicate through PM. We did this last Christmas with a few families and the girls felt they knew each other before the trip and have stayed in touch since.

Haven't decided on excursions yet and only Tortula is the new island for us.

Called to confirm formal nights and was told the same as I read here:
2nd night is formal night, 5th night is pirate night (Tortula) and 7th night is semi-formal.

We love to cruise so much that DH is going to miss the Donald Race at Disney Marathon weekend to take the cruise. We will take part in the Inaugural Marathon Relay the day after return!

Can't wait.... :dance3:

BPESCAR:
I'm not sure if you had us included in the fish extenders since my PMs were going through. If it is not too late, we are in.

FIGMENTNNEMO:
We are very new to diving and I was planning to use Octopus Diving also. I have already contacted them, but haven't booked yet.

What is the best way to attach the FEs to the doors? I read that Disney frowns upon using anything with an adhesive type backing?

I am not a crafty person but I sewed and glue gunned our together last year and it survived 11 nights and we plan to use it again this year. I made a pocket in the top which we inserted a narrow piece of plastic tubing. I feed the heavy ribbon I used through this tube. I found this helped keep the FE itself flat and in place. At first I was going to simply use the ribbon but the edges tended to fold forward.

Hope that helps! :)

We just booked this week and this will be our 5th Disney cruise. :yay: After a very Disney 2010/2011 (11 night Christmas Cruise last Christmas, Disneyland Paris over March Break, Disney World in July and Disneyland for Labour Day), then bought DVC in September, we didn't plan to take a cruise this year. But never say never! A great deal came our way this week and we couldn't pass it up.:woohoo: Especially since the kids were in agreement and soon one will be off at university. We are a family of four, myself, DH, DS16 and DD13.

We would like to take part in FEs, please add us to the list. I will PM Bpescar.

If anyone has a DD 13 or 14 our DD would love to communicate through PM. We did this last Christmas with a few families and the girls felt they knew each other before the trip and have stayed in touch since.

2nd night is formal night, 5th night is pirate night (Tortula) and 7th night is semi-formal.

We love to cruise so much that DH is going to miss the Donald Race at Disney Marathon weekend to take the cruise. We will take part in the Inaugural Marathon Relay the day after return!

Hi, welcome to the New Years cruise. This is our 6th Disney cruise. We have a 13 year old DD who would love to meet your DD and communicate through PM!

FIGMENTNNEMO:
We are very new to diving and I was planning to use Octopus Diving also. I have already contacted them, but haven't booked yet.

No worries, I am a divemaster and helped with new and experienced divers all summer. So don't worry, I will have your back. I have over 100 dives about 38hr underwater and in may I dove Alaska. If you have any questions, just ask. Octopus diving is ranked up there with the better dive shops on S.M. Just get back to when you book. I added you to my PM List so give it shot.:cool1:

Have you done the 5K on Cast away Cay? I did it last year and had a blast. Even the capt joined us. I am not going to say I will be able to keep up but I will finish. :worship:

:banana:

I'm actually getting super excited for this trip now... After months of stressing about FE gifts.. I couldn't decided what to do, and then do I do for the family or every person.. :scared1: My brain hurt just thinking about it... Needless to say.. today I FINALLY figured out what I'm going to do... So once I get a final number... they will be ready to go... :cool1:

I've never been away a New Years before so this is going to be the best party...

I can almost smell the ocean already!!!!! ;)
FE list is being Finalized. We are almost there. November 1st. I will send a master list out via a pm to veryone. We will not have all the stateroom nimbers but those should be added in the next few weeks and I will update as soon as I have them. Keep the PMs coming people. :santa::dance3:

BPESCAR:
I'm not sure if you had us included in the fish extenders since my PMs were going through. If it is not too late, we are in.
Julia
I have you on the list and I too have been trying to send messages to you. I need to know how many are traveling with you adults males and females children males and females and their ages. Aslo need your stateroom number asap.:santa::dance3:

Hi Everyone;
I am sure everyone is busy with the first holiday of the season. Most everyone has checked in and we are still waiting for stateroom numbers, I will send out a tentative master list thru the PM system to everyone. Julia 528 I have friend you now so hopefully you can receive my messages if not let me know. I don't want to post the list on the boards for safety reasons you never know who is reading these besides us. Just a precaution. We all should be receiving stateroom numbers in the next few weeks if not you can call and the cruise line should be able to tell you. Talk to you soon!:santa::dance3:

FE list is being Finalized. We are almost there. November 1st. I will send a master list out via a pm to veryone. We will not have all the stateroom nimbers but those should be added in the next few weeks and I will update as soon as I have them. Keep the PMs coming people. :santa::dance3:

THANK YOU!!!! I'm just getting excited for this trip... We have never done a FE before... don't really know what to expect, but I do have a awesome FE hanger.. thanks to a lovely lady on Esty..... I just want to see the ocean and relax!!!
:dance3::santa::banana::cheer2:

Have you done the 5K on Cast away Cay? I did it last year and had a blast. Even the capt joined us. I am not going to say I will be able to keep up but I will finish. :worship:

Hi Figmentnnemo,
My daughter and I did the Castaway Key 5K last Christmas. It was lots of fun and allowed us to discover parts of the island we had not previously explored.

Hi

We are a family of 5 on this cruise also. Our kids are older. I usually don't post much on the boards or cruise meets, but I do read them. I thought I would share some info with you....

Regarding St Thomas--I found a site that says we will be tendering that day. With the large number of ships, I'm glad I booked an all day excursion to St John. http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php

Also, I just wanted to share info on an excursion we booked in Tortola. I found the info on cruise critic. The company and excursion are highly recommended. If you are beach/snorkel people, you may like it. http://tortolacharters.com/excursions/jost-van-****-tours/
http://tortolacharters.com/reservations/
They are picking us up at the pier at 9am, and bringing us back at 3:30. The ship is there till 5:30. It's half the price of Disneys excursion there, and longer.

Judy

Hi Judy,
After visiting Cruise Critic and your suggestion it appears that people on Cruise Critic have posted stating that they had booked the Tortola excursion you describe above but arrived to to find nobody to pick them up at port for the excursion and then discovered the company to be closed. Cruise Critic posters are also suggesting the website continues to send out automated responses to emails but no human replies. Have you heard from this company recently?:confused3

:offtopic: Redheadtove where in Alberta do you live? We lived in Edmonton for 4 years before moving to Manitoba and then back home to Ontario. Moves were related to my husband's job.

:offtopic: Redheadtove where in Alberta do you live? We lived in Edmonton for 4 years before moving to Manitoba and then back home to Ontario. Moves were related to my husband's job.

We live in a small town west of Edmonton... It's about 45 minutes from the city... No place like Alberta... Though I could live with out the snow.. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter