12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

we sailed NY before, it was just like any other cruise really except that NYE was one huge party with fireworks that were far more spectacular than we had seen on the ship before, a huge deck party with Old father time ringing in the new year and a live connection to times square on the big screen to watch the countdown - an amazing experience - being from the UK we have never experienced how the US celebrate so it was great! It was also formal night so everyone was dressed in their best!

The ship still had the christmas decoration up so it felt really special. Really looking forward to this one:cool1:

Hello Everyone,
I can not wait for this cruise to take place. This will be my families second Disney Cruise. We were on the Magic in February for the Western Caribbean Sailing durning Super Bowl Time!!! As soon as I seen that there was a New Years Sailing and it was to the Eastern Caribbean I booked it. We have a perfect Balcony Room and I just can't wait for it to arrive. This trip is going to be a Christmas Gift to my daughters and the bonus is that my youngest will be getting to celebrate her 8th birthday durning the sailing!

I'm trying to gather pictures for magnets on the door, my kids saw this on our first cruise and thought it was a great idea. Does anyone know where I can find such things.
:tinker:
These are really easy to make. If you a Michaels craft store or something like it they can help you. We gave these as gifts last year to family and friends and used photos from past cruises.

Hi everyone ...

I am contemplating booking this cruise, but had a concern ... is anyone else concerned that since there seems to be a lot of availability left for this cruise that they will cancel the 8 night and make it into two 4 night cruises?

Last year we sailed on the NYE 5 night cruise which was originally scheduled to be a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise ... I would hate to book this 8 night and have it be changed ... just a thought ... anyone else?

Also, figmentnnemo, I see that you were able to book with points ... did you have any difficulty with availability for DVC rooms?

Thanks!
I had never heard of this before either. When did they let you know? I have insurance to cover this sort of thing however would hate to have this cancel. This will be our last cruise for a while because we need to save our points and $$$. On our last Carribean Cruise December last year there was a lot of availability but it was booked by sailing time.:yay:

I had never heard of this before either. When did they let you know? I have insurance to cover this sort of thing however would hate to have this cancel. This will be our last cruise for a while because we need to save our points and $$$. On our last Carribean Cruise December last year there was a lot of availability but it was booked by sailing time.:yay:

Hi everyone ...

I am contemplating booking this cruise, but had a concern ... is anyone else concerned that since there seems to be a lot of availability left for this cruise that they will cancel the 8 night and make it into two 4 night cruises?

Last year we sailed on the NYE 5 night cruise which was originally scheduled to be a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise ... I would hate to book this 8 night and have it be changed ... just a thought ... anyone else?

Also, figmentnnemo, I see that you were able to book with points ... did you have any difficulty with availability for DVC rooms?

Thanks!
I've never heard of this before either... How do you find out if this is a possibility for this cruise or not?? Did you get some money back since it turned out to be a different length of cruise? I would be really upset that my vacation that I've been planning for 10 months gets cut short.

I've never heard of this before either... How do you find out if this is a possibility for this cruise or not?? Did you get some money back since it turned out to be a different length of cruise? I would be really upset that my vacation that I've been planning for 10 months gets cut short.

I certainly didn't mean to alarm anyone ... I did some more checking and it appears that last year's cruise was cancelled at the end of April .. so I think all will go as planned. I booked the 5 night as a result of the cancellation .. I was not booked on the 10 night.

I certainly didn't mean to alarm anyone ... I did some more checking and it appears that last year's cruise was cancelled at the end of April .. so I think all will go as planned. I booked the 5 night as a result of the cancellation .. I was not booked on the 10 night.

Yes it is pretty late to be canceling now. Castaway Gold members start booking excursions Sept 20th. Not a good thing to start maybe this is why Disney does not like the dis boards. We need to be sure of what we are communicating before causing a panic on land.

I keep reading about Fish Extenders on this thread... Can some explain it to me and where to purchase a Fish extender... I would ask how to make one but really, I'm not crafty enough to make one.:rotfl2: Plus.. from what I read it is a pretty neat idea, and with celebrating my daughters birthday on board the ship as well, I think she will really like it.. Any information you all can give me would be greatly :cheer2:!

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephanie. It's exciting to see this cruise meet-up thread getting started! I will be cruising with my husband and DD, 8 yrs old, and my parents. This is my third cruise, all on Disney.

I first found the Dis board when my mom and I went on the Wonder's Panama Canal repo cruise in January. It was so fun to meet other cruisers from all over the world.

I think we should definitely organize a fish extender gift group. If we get enough people on here, we could possibly order lanyards to help us recognize each other on board as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Stephanie :beach:

Stephanie -- From your post, I just KNOW this must be you! We were tablemates on the PC cruise with your Mom & you and a couple others. We are seriously looking at going on this cruise. It would be fun to see your mom & you again and meet your families. I have sent you a PM.

My DD19 and I are hoping to be a part of the NYE cruise. I just need to find decent airfare. We are planning to go to WDW for a few days after Christmas and then onto the cruise for a fun NYE celebration and a chance to get to warmer weather in January!

I'll know in the next few weeks if we are in. If so, we would definitely want to participate in the FE gift exchange.

Hoping to join you on the Magic for NYE!!!

I'll be doing 4 nights at Saratoga Springs before the cruise (DVC member).
I don't use points for cruises, but book as far ahead as I can to spread out the payments.
The College Schedule is a wonderful thing, but, for extended Winter trips January is the only real choice. I hear that Fall trips are blissfully spacious. Thank goodness for sabbaticals!
Looking forward to the NYE celebrations and the ports to which I've never been before.

Hi Redhead,

For my last cruise, we printed images onto magnetic paper that we purchased from Staples. It worked very well. Somewhere on the main message board there are threads for door images. I'm sorry I can't give you an exact location.

By the way, my daughter is 8 years old and would love to meet and play with others her age. Let's chat as we get closer to the trip.

Happy Planning,

Stephanie

Hello Everyone,
I can not wait for this cruise to take place. This will be my families second Disney Cruise. We were on the Magic in February for the Western Caribbean Sailing durning Super Bowl Time!!! As soon as I seen that there was a New Years Sailing and it was to the Eastern Caribbean I booked it. We have a perfect Balcony Room and I just can't wait for it to arrive. This trip is going to be a Christmas Gift to my daughters and the bonus is that my youngest will be getting to celebrate her 8th birthday durning the sailing!

I'm trying to gather pictures for magnets on the door, my kids saw this on our first cruise and thought it was a great idea. Does anyone know where I can find such things.
:tinker:

Stephanie -- From your post, I just KNOW this must be you! We were tablemates on the PC cruise with your Mom & you and a couple others. We are seriously looking at going on this cruise. It would be fun to see your mom & you again and meet your families. I have sent you a PM.

Hi Sue!!! Yes, you've got the right Stephanie. Our trip seems so long ago, doesn't it? I PMed you also. I hope you gals decide to come. My mom has her fingers crossed that you will. It would be fun to sit together again, but we have early dining this time so Emily doesn't fall asleep in her plate. Don't know if you guys would even consider it. I'm not thrilled myself, but unlike our last cruise with her, there's no way she'll nap, so late seating is not gonna work.

Keep in touch,

Stephanie

Hi Redhead,

For my last cruise, we printed images onto magnetic paper that we purchased from Staples. It worked very well. Somewhere on the main message board there are threads for door images. I'm sorry I can't give you an exact location.

By the way, my daughter is 8 years old and would love to meet and play with others her age. Let's chat as we get closer to the trip.

Happy Planning,

Stephanie

Thanks for the info... I did find the thread... Once my girls head back to school after the long weekend, I will start printing all the magnets I have made and had made for me... I'm so excited for this trip. This will be the first time we have been away for NYE's... My youngest DD will be turning 8 on the trip. She will love to play with others her own age.

I also ordered a Fish Extender from Esty the other day.. now to figure out what to get as little gifts.. Any ideas??

:yay::cheer2:

We would love to join in on the FE's. We did them on our last crusie, and the kids loved them. Even my husband who wasn't originally too excited about having to pack and bring all the extra stuff ended up really having fun with it! It is my DH, DS9, DD6 and myself for the cruise--we are really looking forward to it!!

Hello Everyone
I am glad to hear of all who want to participate in fish extenders. As it gets closer I will be glad to be the person who makes up the main list of who is participating and in what stateroom etc. Then I will list it as a PM to everyone. I thought I would do this at the beginning of November shall we say the second Sunday of November for posting. That means everyone needs to get their information to me before then and then I can make up a table showing all the information we need to know. This is what someone did for ours when I participated and it made it so much easier for the purchasing of gifts or making etc. because we knew how many boys and girls and how many male and female adults in each stateroom. We also organized two times for Dis meets for those who wanted to meet up on board. If you would like to do that we could arrange something. It was fun to meet some of the people we had been chatting with for months before we sailed. Some like to be surprised. Either way we do need some organization to know what and how many to buy for as my husband thought I brought way too much the first time. I just love to give. About the type of gifts some people make homemade crafty things. Others buy small items such as key chains, magnets and small items from their home towns. Most people try to give something that can be easily packed and is flat because when you start adding up how many you want to give it becomes a lot. I hopes this helps with the information. Welcome to the college instructor I look forward to meeting you. I just started my semester but I am counting down already because I can to go on the Magic for NYE. Welcome to everyone else as well it is always fascinating to hear what each of you do and how many of our lives intertwine.
See you soon, In the meantime let's talk excursions.... Who is going shopping? I want to buy an Ipad. Anyone know the place to go for a good deal?:yay::santa::dance3::cheer2:

Hello Everyone
I am glad to hear of all who want to participate in fish extenders. As it gets closer I will be glad to be the person who makes up the main list of who is participating and in what stateroom etc. Then I will list it as a PM to everyone. I thought I would do this at the beginning of November shall we say the second Sunday of November for posting. That means everyone needs to get their information to me before then and then I can make up a table showing all the information we need to know. This is what someone did for ours when I participated and it made it so much easier for the purchasing of gifts or making etc. because we knew how many boys and girls and how many male and female adults in each stateroom. We also organized two times for Dis meets for those who wanted to meet up on board. If you would like to do that we could arrange something. It was fun to meet some of the people we had been chatting with for months before we sailed. Some like to be surprised. Either way we do need some organization to know what and how many to buy for as my husband thought I brought way too much the first time. I just love to give. About the type of gifts some people make homemade crafty things. Others buy small items such as key chains, magnets and small items from their home towns. Most people try to give something that can be easily packed and is flat because when you start adding up how many you want to give it becomes a lot. I hopes this helps with the information. Welcome to the college instructor I look forward to meeting you. I just started my semester but I am counting down already because I can to go on the Magic for NYE. Welcome to everyone else as well it is always fascinating to hear what each of you do and how many of our lives intertwine.
See you soon, In the meantime let's talk excursions.... Who is going shopping? I want to buy an Ipad. Anyone know the place to go for a good deal?:yay::santa::dance3::cheer2:

It's funny you posted this because I was thinking " I hope someone makes a list of people doing Fish Extenders".:thumbsup2 This will be my first time participating in this and I really don't have a clue on any of it. I have purchased my fish extender and currently trying to come up with some sort of idea for gifts. I was thinking along the lines of flat and easy to pack. ;) I'm so looking forward to this trip. I'm a single mother of 2 daughters who is also taking university classes online so this trip is coming at the perfect time. :banana::banana::woohoo:

I was thinking excursions also, but I'm not to sure what to do. I do know I want to do things that are relaxing but also get to do some sightseeing. Not to sure when I will get a chance to head back to that part of the Caribbean again. I was thinking about doing a sightseeing and beach tour at one of the islands.

Where are you thinking of purchasing an ipad?? On the trip or before you leave?

Can't wait to discuss with you all more!! :mickeyjum:tigger::dumbo::donald::ccat::tinker:

We did the FE on our last cruise and it so much fun! We did one item per stateroom, which made it much, much easier to manage and kept costs and packing issues in check. Do we want one per person or one per stateroom?

Hello Everyone

We did the FE on our last cruise and it so much fun! We did one item per stateroom, which made it much, much easier to manage and kept costs and packing issues in check. Do we want one per person or one per stateroom?

I personally would like to do one fish extender gift per room. They idea I have for a gift will be perfect for the entire family...Whether you have kids or not!;)

The idea of one per family is a great idea. Some that we received were very practical and useful while some were silly and fun. Others did give one per person that chose to do so but they were small gifts such as magnets or key chains, mini flash flights, etc. Some people were very creative and gave homemade gifts as well.:dance3::santa::cheer2:

It's funny you posted this because I was thinking " I hope someone makes a list of people doing Fish Extenders".:thumbsup2 This will be my first time participating in this and I really don't have a clue on any of it. I have purchased my fish extender and currently trying to come up with some sort of idea for gifts. I was thinking along the lines of flat and easy to pack. ;) I'm so looking forward to this trip. I'm a single mother of 2 daughters who is also taking university classes online so this trip is coming at the perfect time. :banana::banana::woohoo:

I was thinking excursions also, but I'm not to sure what to do. I do know I want to do things that are relaxing but also get to do some sightseeing. Not to sure when I will get a chance to head back to that part of the Caribbean again. I was thinking about doing a sightseeing and beach tour at one of the islands.

Where are you thinking of purchasing an ipad?? On the trip or before you leave?

Can't wait to discuss with you all more!! :mickeyjum:tigger::dumbo::donald::ccat::tinker:

As for the shopping they will have a shopping guide on the cruise and that person will have a time where we can go to one of the theaters to get coupons for shopping and find out which of the ports has the best deals.

There are some great sightseeing and beach tours in both St Marteen and St Thomas.
For St Marteen we always book one of the excursions that include some beach time with snorkeling because my husband likes to snorkel. For St Thomas our favorite is The Screaming Eagle jet boat which you have to book early because it sells out quickly. Then we get tickets for tram sky ride to the top of St Thomas where there is a small cafe and souvenir shops. These we schedule and book before sailing when our booking window opens. These also allow time for shopping in both ports. Usually the best time to shop is early in the morning then take your goodies back to the ship and change to meet your shore excursion. At St Thomas we take dry clothes to change into because you get really wet on the jet boat and that way you are prepared for the day of shopping. St Thomas is a tendered port so it is better not to go back and forth to the ship if you can help it. Just pack a day bag. The shopping presentation will fill you in with the rest.:dance3::santa::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter