12/30/2011 8 Night Magic New Year's Eve Celebration!

sabrecmc

DIS Veteran
Did not see a thread yet...anyone else on this?

My daughter (who will be 5 at the time) and I are in a cat 11A (7067). I'm trying to convince some friends and family to join us.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

I just switched to this cruise. Going with my parents and trying to talk my brother into bringing my niece. She will be 6 when we cruise. Will keep you posted!

Well, finally! Another cruiser! I was able to talk my best friend and her mom into joining us. We were on the Magic on the Med cruise and look forward to being back after. It will be neat to see the ship decorated and what they do for NYE. Very excited!

We recently switched to this cruise. Were booked on the Dec. 26 mexican riviera, but decided Mexico is a little scary right now. It will be me, my DH, DD 21 and DD13. We love the carribean and are looking forward to seeing Tortola.

I'm booked. So excited, hope that Christmas decorations will still be up. Will be DH and DS(17). So excited. :cool1:

We've not yet booked this cruise, but planning to in the next month. It will be me, DH, DS18, DD14, DS11, and DS6.

This will also be our first time on a cruise.

Elizabeth

We're officially booked! Looking forward to our first cruise....Still have so much to learn between now and then.

Anyone ever sailed over the New Year before?

Elizabeth

We saied over NY 2009/into 2010 on the Magic and that was an amazing time. As a family we don't normally celebrate NYE as its so hard to find childcare for the night and not many places are child friendly on this night:confused3(normally the folk who would babysit are out partying!) DH usually goes to bed before the new year is seen in with Big Ben chiming in the hour, I will watch the celebrations in London on my TV and the kids are sleeping.

The NY on the ship though was a whole new experience. On the Big screen on deck 9/10 they had a live link up to Times Square so the countdown was done in style. There were fireworks, champagne and a show leading upto the countdown. It was also formal night so everyuone was dressed to impress. the atmosphere was electric and eveyone was soo friendly. And it was the first time I had seen the NY in with my family so it was very emotional!

The ship was still decorated up from christmas, and spending NYday on castaway Cay was fab (even if it was windy and overcast and we sat on the beach in fleeces:lmao:)

I am really excited about the Christmas cruise the week before and experiencing the NYE cruise again!!:banana:

I've never done a NY's cruise before and am considering this one. It'll be me, DH, DS (8) and DS (3). I have my first cruise (ever) booked for the Dream, and am wondering if the NY cruise (with an extra day) is worth the extra cost - it is double regular 7 day eastern. Any advice would be appreciated!

We are booked on this cruise. Looking forward to New Year's eve aboard the Magic. We just returned from the Mexican Rivera in March. We took DH's mother and now we are looking forward to our vacation of eight nights sailing to our favorite ports of call. We have never been to Tortola so that is a new one for us. The last cruise was new and what an adventure. We will be telling the tales about mom and the adventures for years to come. Anyone doing fish extenders on this cruise? Please let me know. Count us in DH and DW in 2610. We did these last time we were on the Magic during Christmas and it was great. I am hoping we can do this during this cruise as well. Anyone up for this?
250 days left till we sail!!!:wizard::dance3::cheer2:

Hi everyone! Just booked this cruise today through DVC cat 10A Gty hoping for an upgrade but will be happy with what we have. I'll be traveling with my mom and my brother all adults. We are doing the Christmas cruise before this one first time we are doing a back to back and first time doing a NYE cruise.

Melissa

:cool1::cool1::cool1: dancing oh yeah!!!!!!!!
We are booked on this cruise. Looking forward to New Year's eve aboard the Magic. We just returned from the Mexican Rivera in March. We took DH's mother and now we are looking forward to our vacation of eight nights sailing to our favorite ports of call. We have never been to Tortola so that is a new one for us. The last cruise was new and what an adventure. We will be telling the tales about mom and the adventures for years to come. Anyone doing fish extenders on this cruise? Please let me know. Count us in DH and DW in 2610. We did these last time we were on the Magic during Christmas and it was great. I am hoping we can do this during this cruise as well. Anyone up for this?
250 days left till we sail!!!:wizard::dance3::cheer2:

We are so excited to get back to the Magic! It'll be Me, my mom and DS (16). We haven't cruised since the PC Repo and we have been missing it. We are booked in a Cat11 sideways cabin.

We've cruised at Christmas before, but never New Years so this will be an experience.

I'm in for Fish Extenders if others are!:thumbsup2

I would like to do fish extenders also.

We are so excited to get back to the Magic! It'll be Me, my mom and DS (16). We haven't cruised since the PC Repo and we have been missing it. We are booked in a Cat11 sideways cabin.

We've cruised at Christmas before, but never New Years so this will be an experience.

I'm in for Fish Extenders if others are!:thumbsup2

Hi There tinkerbell 29;
Welcome to the Dis boards. Aback to back cruise will be fantastic. We are only booked for the NY eve's cruise and feel very fornutate to have this one. We want to participate in fish extenders and are trying to rally others to do the same. I realize it is still early so I am hoping that as we get closer to sailing others will want to do this. During the Christmas cruise it will be a big deal however for those of us booked only on the new years eve cruise it can be just as fun. Where are you from? We are from the San Diego Ca area. We love the Carribean cruise itineraries and 8 nights will be absolutely a dream even though we are on the MAGIC. We love the Magic and are booked in one of our favorite staterooms. This is our seventh cruise. How about you? Are you a disney vacation club member? We will begin our official countdown when school strat again in the fall. I am a college professor and this is my yearly vacation. Hope to hear from you soon. :dance3::cheer2::wizard:

Hi Everyone: All those interested in doing the fish extenders as we get closer we will make a list of who wants to do this and who is sailing and what the cabin numbers are. This usually happens the closer we get to sailing. I am glad to hear there is interest. Keep posting and letting me know of your interest so I can keep a running tally until then.
Thanks
Barbara:dance3::banana::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter