12/22/2011 Disney Dream Christmas Cruise

We received our official documentation and luggage tags in the mail yesterday. Yippeeee!!!!!

I am so looking forward to our vacation. My son and I were diagnosed with several food allergies early this year and as a result we are very restricted when it comes to eating out of our own home. Because of the nature of my allergies, I cannot eat anything processed and must make everything from scratch. Naturally, going on vacation has brought some anxiety as to how I will eat.

Leave it to Disney to already have a plan to cover everything! Not only did they provide me with forms to communicate all of my allergies, but I even received a personal phone call yesterday from a DCL representative to discuss the nature of our allergies and other specifics.

I am probably most excited about not having to worry about what we'll eat or what I'm going to cook for 10 days - Disney is handling it all. Praise God! This makes for a very happy and relaxed mom :yay:

We also talked with WDW and made all of our dining reservations for our land portion and are ready to go. Now I just need to pack and get to Port Canaveral!!! :banana:

What an exciting time for your family. And in my opinion, DCL is providing a vacation of your dreams. That is why I pay the bucks. Just think, you are so important to DCL that they called you specifically and discussed your needs and are making arrangment now for your event. You will have a wonderful 10 days! And yes, no cooking!

Hello Everyone, We just booked the cruise yesterday. We are soooo excited. Was hoping to participate in the FE but I was unable to update the FE spreadsheet. Is there a trick to it? The edit button is grayed out and I am logged into DISboards and Google. I have myself and my wife (Rick and Julia) and my son (Joe - 9).

Look forward to meeting you all on the cruise.

Thanks Rick

Hi Rick - I believe they have "closed" the FE signup on this board. We missed the deadline as well because we couldn't decide before the deadline.

We will also be cruising with our soon to be 9 yr. old son.

The boys are going to have the time of their life and this will definitely be a Christmas memory that will not be soon forgotten!

Ok Ok Ok WELL I need to admit to defeat - it's less than 15 days till we leave for the USA and I will not get a chance to make a Fish Extender. Now do any of you have any ideas what I could use ?? We are in this exchange and I feel so silly but with working 12 hour shifts and owning and operating 2 businesses I just dont have the time. The other problem I face is buying one is ok but they won't be shipped to Australia before we leave or if they can they want to charge big BUCKS for express shipping.

Would a bag be ok ??? Any ideas on what I could do ???

Thanks in advance jen :)
:santa:

I have seen some posters that have strung together some small canvas bags with ribbon to make a chain of bags. In the US, the bags are easy to find in the craft stores and they carry several sizes.

I re-purposed a pair of my older DD favorite jeans that she outgrew. Maybe I'll have the only denim FE, but I used one leg of the pants, and the pants have embroidery all down one side. She'll get a kick out of seeing her pants used for such a thing. It actually was easier to do than I thought, especially since I am a pretty inexperienced seamstress, but it only required using a straight stich. They are the perfect width, and the pockets (I just made horizontal cuts on the front of the pants and finished them with bias tape and decorative trim) seem to be of a good size. A metallic fabric pen worked great to add the names.

I know some people use part of an over the door shoe pocket holder - cut down to the right width. :thumbsup2

Good Luck with whatever you do! No worries! ;)

Oh yeah - one more idea. If you buy an FE, just have it shipped to your WDW hotel. It will be waiting for you when you arrive!

Oh I can't wait to see your FE - as for sending a FE to WDW what address do I use ? Who do I ask?? :confused3

I would call the resort you are staying at or at least the general reservation line, and they could provide some guidelines. I would still call the desk at the resort you are staying at. Alternatively, you could email someone or do a "chat" online - there is usually a button for that on many websites and this may be more economical for you.

Additionally, since I repurposed a pair of denim pants, and only used one leg - I could make the other side into an FE and I could send it your way (to the resort - I would not want to risk it not getting to AU). :goodvibes I'm happy to do that and should have plenty of time as I am off the majority of this next week, due to the Thanksgiving holiday and vacation days I am using (and I am NOT cooking for a crowd this Thanksgiving either). :woohoo:

Cant wait for the DREAM Dec 18th departure...will be spending 7 days at WDW ahead of time at Beach Club and Polynesian including the VMCP on Dec 16. Remy and Palo booked -- wohoo! See you all soon. :santa: :woohoo: :yay:

I would call the resort you are staying at or at least the general reservation line, and they could provide some guidelines. I would still call the desk at the resort you are staying at. Alternatively, you could email someone or do a "chat" online - there is usually a button for that on many websites and this may be more economical for you.

Additionally, since I repurposed a pair of denim pants, and only used one leg - I could make the other side into an FE and I could send it your way (to the resort - I would not want to risk it not getting to AU). :goodvibes I'm happy to do that and should have plenty of time as I am off the majority of this next week, due to the Thanksgiving holiday and vacation days I am using (and I am NOT cooking for a crowd this Thanksgiving either). :woohoo:

Judy -you are just way to kind :lovestruc I would love a FE made with love from you however I really think you should be taking a well deserved break over this Holiday period. I will have a check on Etsy and Ebay today and if I don't find anything then I would love for you to make ours and I will PM you for your paypal details. Have a lovely evening Jen.

I just discovered the Etsy site from my friend who cruised last year. They have amazing stuff - will probably order my FE Extender from there, such cute ones to choose from!

I just noticed this post from you Skoch and was wondering if you could post some links to the FE lady on Etsy ? Thanks in advance.

Jen :santa:

You're Welcome Jen. Let me know if this is something you need - I'm sure one way or the other you will have an FE to hang by your door! :cheer2:

Jen,

If all else fails, just hang a beautiful Christmas stocking for your FE. Embroider or craft your names on and can be so simple with little time invested. Time is something I am really running out of!!!! And I have more time then you!!!!

29 more days till we leave the Great White North!!!:cool1:

Soon we will all be loving the Dream:lovestruc

Kathy

Jen,

If all else fails, just hang a beautiful Christmas stocking for your FE. Embroider or craft your names on and can be so simple with little time invested. Time is something I am really running out of!!!! And I have more time then you!!!!

29 more days till we leave the Great White North!!!:cool1:

Soon we will all be loving the Dream:lovestruc

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

What a great idea - I saw a large xmas stocking today and it was really cheap like $10.00 I think I may even grab that and embelish it with kindy glitz and some bling :) Thanks for the fantastic idea. Yep time is running out I got a shock today when I purchased milk and the expiry date was the day we leave EEEEEKKKK

:woohoo:

Does anyone know or have an idea of when the "dress up night" will be? I honestly want to "dress up" every night (I don't get to wear my cute cocktail dresses that much anymore :confused3 )...would that be totally out of place?

PS - I will be wearing pirate gear on Pirate night pirate:

Hello Everyone, We just booked the cruise yesterday. We are soooo excited. Was hoping to participate in the FE but I was unable to update the FE spreadsheet. Is there a trick to it? The edit button is grayed out and I am logged into DISboards and Google. I have myself and my wife (Rick and Julia) and my son (Joe - 9).

Look forward to meeting you all on the cruise.

Thanks Rick

Hi Rick - I believe they have "closed" the FE signup on this board. We missed the deadline as well because we couldn't decide before the deadline.

We will also be cruising with our soon to be 9 yr. old son.

The boys are going to have the time of their life and this will definitely be a Christmas memory that will not be soon forgotten!

I'm sure there may be others that want to join in on a FE for this cruise as it gets closer. You might consider starting another group. I've seen other cruises with more than one FE group and some people participate in multiple groups. Just a thought. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter