12/19/2009 - 12/26/2009 Magical Christmas Cruise! It's not that far Away?

Hi all!

Glad the DISmeets sound good to everyone. I like Shannon's idea of going to one of the lounges during the 2nd one. Do you think that we'll have any problem doing that with kids in tow? If not, which one would you suggest Shannon?

So, the first onboard DISmeet is set for Saturday, December 19th at 2 PM in the Promenade Lounge.

The second DISmeet is on Saturday, December, 20th at 2 PM, location TBA...but I like Shannon's idea for location...and Barb's idea for a phone tree if we need to make any last minute changes. ;)

I know everyone will be extremely busy on embarkation day at the terminal. But why don't we say that if it works out for any of us to meet there, let's do it at 11 AM by the model of the ship. Sound good?

A little off topic...are any of you dressing up for pirate night? DD has a costume and step-DD, DH, and I have pirate themed clothing items we'll wear, but not costumes. My in-laws are obviously getting into this as they have all gone out and found things to wear for pirate night! They are surprising me with their enthusiasm for this, but I think it's great!!! Anyhow, just wondering how many of you will be dressing up for that, and if you have early dining, would you wear your costume to dinner and for the rest of the evening, or would you change into it just before the pirate party?

Sounds Great! We will be wearing a pirate costume, my daughter and I always do-now my husband is another story :goodvibes. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't he normally packs it up and decides the day of the party. :confused:.

We usually wear our pirate gear all evening. The servers are in pirate gear in the dining rooms, and it really gets into the spirit of things.

I have a question - are we doing the kid's post card swap? I need to know so I can pick up local post cards while Hannah's at dance tonight! :)

We're leaving for WDW in 9 days! :cool1: I can't wait! Now I just have to survive the horribly hectic days between now and then...

Amanda

Hi Amanda,
Can you explain what is the Kid's post card swap thing. I joined late the group so I'm a bit :confused: :goodvibes.

Guys I must confess that I am getting :sick: of excitement :yay::lmao:

Kim if we can pick a club I would say Rockin Bar D because of the lack of TVs and folks watching sports.

I have a pirate t shirt I got at Target for Halloween. I will probably wear that. I got Emm a t shirt and bandanna to wear. Tony will probably just wear short and a t!

I am really curious about the chicken and I love geeks!

I am still searching the internet for cheap airfare. I need major pixie dust on this one!

Hi Shannon,
How many are traveling, what are the dates and airports you are looking in 2? I can also keep an eye for you and do searches if u like and if I find something I would let u know. Have u tried doing a search through SideStep.com its a great site it does a search on all airlines available and it gives you all the airline prices. It also allows u to search for 1 day or 2 day before or after travel dates if u are flexible. Its really a great site.

Let me Know if I can be of any help and Good Luck!
Cynthia

Hi all!

So, the first onboard DISmeet is set for Saturday, December 19th at 2 PM in the Promenade Lounge.

The second DISmeet is on Saturday, December, 20th at 2 PM, location TBA...but I like Shannon's idea for location...and Barb's idea for a phone tree if we need to make any last minute changes. ;)

Even though we will be on a cruise everyday can't be Saturday. Sorry :)

So, word is we may get snow in NC tomorrow night. Wonderful. I can't wait till we leave for WDW in just over a week. I need warmer weather!

Jim

So, word is we may get snow in NC tomorrow night. Wonderful. I can't wait till we leave for WDW in just over a week. I need warmer weather!

Jim

:rotfl2: I just have to laugh ... We just moved to Texas over the summer - thought it was going to always be HOT ... SNOW this past Wednesday!!!! So it's actually colder here than it was in Charlotte. :confused: Today it's a high of 47 ... Not at all what we expcted!

I miss the days of being able to drive to Orlando ... Enjoy WDW! :hippie:

Hi its KikiMouse here
Yes the meets sound good. We will be getting in later so I'm not sure if we will be there the first day.

I'm starting to pack today, have a ton of my stuff all over the bed and I have to pare down as usual. I don't check luggage so that forces me to be really picky about what to take. I like to have lots of choices about what to wear when I'm on the ship, although I usually end up in bathing suit and shorts most of the time! The carry on seems to work for me to limit what I bring. I definitely will ship a box to the ship. I wonder how far in advance you can ship packages?

Yes I am going to dress up for pirate night although I do not do a traditional pirate costume. I can't find my pirate accessories from last year so I'm not sure what I will come up with. My husband doesn't usually dress up except for the bandana. The pirate night is one of my favorites.pirate:

It is going to be so crazy for us with work the week before we leave, I'm trying to get this done early and be done with it. That way I won't end up frantically trying to throw in stuff.! :duck:

Jim

:rotfl: Ha ha ha! I guess everyday will just feel like Saturday, huh? How about the 2nd DISmeet onboard is on Sunday, December 20th?! (I liked my idea better tho when it was still Saturday on the 2nd day of the cruise!!! :rotfl2:)

Once we set sail I lose my calendar too! We just say first and second day and let nature and sunsets take care of the rest. We are having a Christmas party for about thirty people today so it is the last of our events. I am grading the students final projects. Finals are all next week. We are down to the packing now too. We wont actually put things into the suitcases until the 15th because our little jimney cricket gets all upset. He goes back to visit Wendy and Captain Hook on the 15th. Everything is laid out in my office. We have a large 1440 square foot home with two bedrooms as offices one for me and one for hubby. Hubby's office is his creative room, however I have been working in it this year working towards my doctorate degree (his computer is newer and better than my laptop). With this trip and all these events we have had plus Christmas it seems every week we are working on something. It will be really nice to put faces to all these names we have been chatting with these past months.:dance3::cheer2:

Good morning everyone!!!! There appears to be a new poster, named Waitressvn on the main thread wanting suggestions for excursions. I thought maybe some of you might also invite them to join us here and make suggestions for the islands.
Bill

Hey Jim,,, I was just curious. Since you were one of the original posters, what ever happened to some of the original people on this thread? Mndisfans and Tammyalphabet? Any ideas? I think those were the names. I believe one other, Cruzindisney(or something like it) decided not to go.
Bill

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hi Shannon,
How many are traveling, what are the dates and airports you are looking in 2? I can also keep an eye for you and do searches if u like and if I find something I would let u know. Have u tried doing a search through SideStep.com its a great site it does a search on all airlines available and it gives you all the airline prices. It also allows u to search for 1 day or 2 day before or after travel dates if u are flexible. Its really a great site.

Let me Know if I can be of any help and Good Luck!
Cynthia

Cynthia that woud be wonderful! I have the expedia tracker going but I have never looked at Sidestep! We sail on the 26th and return to Barcelona on the fifth of June. I am sure leaving out of Atlanta helps but I have been checking Birmingham, Charlotte and Greenville just in case!! I really appreciate any help! I can be flexible if I can find good hotel rates. Ughh why am I so cheap??!!! Thanks for thinking of me!
Shan

Hi Amanda,
Can you explain what is the Kid's post card swap thing. I joined late the group so I'm a bit :confused: :goodvibes.

Guys I most confess that I am getting :sick: of excitement :yay::lmao:

It was someone else's idea - I think they'd done it on a previous cruise. Basically, the kids can bring postcards from their home state/area with a note and some information on the back (maybe Club Penguin / Webkinz World / Build a Bear names, name & address, etc). At the DIS meet, they swap the cards with the other kids so that they can keep in touch later as well as "collect" the postcards themselves from all over! I thought it was a great idea. If we're not planning on doing it, I might just bring some anyway with Hannah's online avatar information - she likes playing on Club Penguin and Build-a-Bearville.com with people, and I'd be more comfortable if it's at least with people I kind of know! :)

Amanda

I'm good with either, I think. I'll have to talk to DH about it.

I've decided not to make an FE bag. We have some cloth bags around the house that will work just as well, I hope.

But I'm doing well with the FEs!

Oh, and I will definitely, definitely need this cruise. My schedule changed again so that I WILL be facilitating for the new student.
banghead.gif

ETA: Is anyone doing a one-thing-for-all FE? I'm doing that, and I hope that no one gets upset that we're doing it that way.

Cynthia that would be wonderful! I have the expedite tracker going but I have never looked at Sidestep! We sail on the Th and return to Barcelona on the fifth of June. I am sure leaving out of Atlanta helps but I have been checking Birmingham, Charlotte and Greenville just in case!! I really appreciate any help! I can be flexible if I can find good hotel rates. Ugh why am I so cheap??!!! Thanks for thinking of me!
Shana

Sorry, for the late respond-just got home. My dog had to be taken for a wash and cut, did some other stuff and then went to Coldwater Creek to try some pants in diff sizes to make sure what I ordered will fit. Seems that I will be fine there sizes are very generously cut.
Don't worry cheap is good, I love frugal, LoL. Don't worry I will keep an Eye, if anything I will always send u a private PM. I have found great rates in the past @ crazy hours of the night, Never have searched international so this would be my 1st. But, like I said the best deals I have ever found have been during really late nights and weekdays most on Wednesday and Thurs (yes I have insomnia, lol).

Cynthia

It was someone else's idea - I think they'd done it on a previous cruise. Basically, the kids can bring postcards from their home state/area with a note and some information on the back (maybe Club Penguin / Webkinz World / Build a Bear names, name & address, etc). At the DIS meet, they swap the cards with the other kids so that they can keep in touch later as well as "collect" the postcards themselves from all over! I thought it was a great idea. If we're not planning on doing it, I might just bring some anyway with Hannah's online avatar information - she likes playing on Club Penguin and Build-a-Bearville.com with people, and I'd be more comfortable if it's at least with people I kind of know! :)

Amanda

Hi Amanda-Thanks for explaining
Sounds really nice, will do-np

Cynthia

Do people usually put cards on their FE gifts to say who they're from? I'm about 1/4 through making ours and just realized that I don't know if I should put note cards on them! We'll probably put the FEs in one of the parent pockets (if there are multiple pockets on your FE bags).

Also, just to warn everyone- our FE bag will not be big. At all. It's probably 9"x12". Unless I go to Hobby Lobby and buy a tote bag and paint it.

I was going to add a note or sticker/label saying FE by... So that you would know where it came from.

From reading other posts, I understand it is a good idea to check your FE frequently and to remove anything to discourage others from 'browsing'.

Do people usually put cards on their FE gifts to say who they're from? I'm about 1/4 through making ours and just realized that I don't know if I should put note cards on them! We'll probably put the FEs in one of the parent pockets (if there are multiple pockets on your FE bags).

Also, just to warn everyone- our FE bag will not be big. At all. It's probably 9"x12". Unless I go to Hobby Lobby and buy a tote bag and paint it.

I thought it was suppose to be a surprise who the gifts were from. I am not putting anything on mine. Some things would be hard to label and it would take away from the gift.:dance3::cheer2:

I just put a small label on the gift bag that says who it is to and who it is from. I know some people keep it a secret but I like knowing who to thank for things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter