12/19/2009 - 12/26/2009 Magical Christmas Cruise! It's not that far Away?

Hi Kim
The drill is usually around 4pm just before we cast off on the first day as I recall. As for meeting the Promenade Lounge sounds good on the first day at sea. I think your idea of 2or 3pm sounds great. Since we have everyone's stateroom numbers if we needed to change the time we could set up a message system. One person call the people on Deck 2 another call Deck 5 another call Deck 6 an so on like a phone tree. Only we would leave messages letting people know the time has changed. Since we don't know the activities.... What do you think?
Barb:dance3::cheer2::cool1:

I was thinking around 2 or 3 PM for the day of embarkation, but if that's what everyone wants as the time for the first sea day, too, then we can set that as the time as well. I'm not sure our family will make it to the meet on the sea day, but I'd like to help organize the times and locations...

How does this sound?

First DISmeet in the Promenade Lounge on embarkation day, Saturday, December 19th, at 2 PM

Second DISmeet in ??? on the first sea day, Sunday, December 20th at 2 PM.
(I'm not sure where to suggest for the location of the 2nd DISmeet as I am sure there will be activities scheduled throughout the ship in various locations that might making meeting there difficult.)

Kim
That sounds great for the first day. If our transportation gets us there we will be there. For the second day why not do the same thing and if there is an activity have some one choose an alternative and use the phone tree idea. Mark and I are on deck as well as a lot of us. I would volunteer to call for deck 2. Lets see what others have to say.....:dance3::cheer2:
Barb

Hi guys!
I haven't posted in a while . . . just busy trying to get everything done for Christmas and the cruise! Its sneaking up soooooo fast!

Everyone, keep an eye out for the short lovey-dovey couple- that's DH (5'4") and me!

Oh my goodness ladies we should have named this the short chicks cruise!

You guys are cracking me up! :lmao: I'm 5'11" and DH is 6'2" . . . so does that make us the tall lovey-dovey couple? The tall part is right, but after 12 years and 2 kids, "lovey-dovey" doesn't fell like it fits anymore.:rotfl:

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Have a great day!
Leslie

Kimberly I will be at port early so I will look for you guys! You cannot miss our red heads! Any of the other times are good. I like the embarkation day as we tend to get on early and then cannot get in the rooms so we tend to wander!

What about meeting somwhere like Diversions or is Rockin Bar D open at that time? I was not sure aobut bingo and things like that. That part of the ship is usually so quiet during the day time! Promenade almost always works unless they are racing veggie cars or playing bingo in there! I am really no help whatsoever!

Yes it is a Med cruise. It is for three people. Tony may not come so I am trying to convince my mother but she is a tough one! It is actually kids sail free so I am paying the same no matter who sails! UGHHHH!! I am so darn torn. If I can find airfare really cheap I will go. If not oh well we will try something else!

How does this sound?

First DISmeet in the Promenade Lounge on embarkation day, Saturday, December 19th, at 2 PM

(I'm not sure where to suggest for the location of the 2nd DISmeet as I am sure there will be activities scheduled throughout the ship in various locations that might making meeting there difficult.)

Count us in! I'll bring the name tags and Sharpies!

-Leslie

I was thinking around 2 or 3 PM for the day of embarkation, but if that's what everyone wants as the time for the first sea day, too, then we can set that as the time as well. I'm not sure our family will make it to the meet on the sea day, but I'd like to help organize the times and locations...

How does this sound?

Those times sound great! If you see a nutcase walking around with a rubber chicken (which could be wearing a pirate hankerchief or a santa hat with mickey ears) please come up and say Hi. That will be me! :rolleyes1

Can't wait to meet everyone,
Holly

Those times sound great! If you see a nutcase walking around with a rubber chicken (which could be wearing a pirate hankerchief or a santa hat with mickey ears) please come up and say Hi. That will be me! :rolleyes1

Holly

Ummmm Holly do you want to explain the chicken now or save it for later? Just curious?

beautiful weather here in new jersey today wearing shorts in december. it feels like im on the cruise already with this weather.

Ummmm Holly do you want to explain the chicken now or save it for later? Just curious?

There is a long, silly story that I think we should save until I have a yummy fruity drink in my hand. But the shorter and also accurate reason is that we (my family) are all a bunch of geeks. :santa:

beautiful weather here in new jersey today wearing shorts in december. it feels like im on the cruise already with this weather.

I know the feeling! It was 70 and sunny here in Boston...but it's suppose to snow next week! Crazy weather!!!:rolleyes:

just for the heck of it i checked my flights to see how much they went up if i booked today well knowing my luck they went down almost 100 dollars a ticket. i booked the flights in oct for 298 a ticket including taxes and fees now its 199 including taxes and fees. this is from philly

I also love Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic for petites. I usually go there for my work wardrobe, so I'm willing to pay a little more, but they have some adorable casual wear too. In fact, some of my work wardrobe doubles for casual wear! Their petite shirts and shorter dresses fit me well (I'm 5'0"), but I still use a good seamstress to hem my pants!

Everyone, keep an eye out for the short lovey-dovey couple- that's DH (5'4") and me!

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, I went to sleep a bit early.

Funny before my weight gain my store of choice use to be The Loft, I would say my only store of choice was Loft the petite always use to fit me so well and the style was amazing! I did visit them online but I'm not loving this season's style.

I revisited Coldwater Creek online outlet and purchase more stuff since I found a link on coupon cabin for $75 off $250 thats works out to be about 30% off with free shipping. So I think I'm pretty much set. Now I'm just hoping that most of the stuff fits, I ordered Petite (6-8) which may had set me up for failure :laughing:, will see! I'll keep everyone posted ;)

Nice to see that there will be another short couple in the group! looking forward to meet and mingle.

Oh my goodness ladies we should have named this the short chicks cruise! I am only five two on a good day! I did really well at Loft when I was recently shopping for Vegas. Unfortunately I am also built like popeye as I have massive shoulders and curves so petite tops don't work too well for me!! I actually found a ton of great summer tops at Target that are very flattering for anywhere from 2.50-5.00 each. They are V neck as that is pretty much all I wear (thanks to what not to wear! I learned to lengthen my appearance!!). Well they work until you look at my legs that look like tree trunks!! I cannot wait to meet everyone! I actually booked the May 26th cruise this week. I am debating on keeping it or not. The airfare is just a killer and I live near a major airport. I have until Jan 26 to cancel and it is weighing heavily on my mind. I just could not resist 10 nights for $2160!!!! I seriously think I need travel therapy! I am addicted. Sorry to babble tonight folks I have had to much caffeine!

Hi Shannon,
I'm Cynthia-Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Yes more shorty's!!! I was originally booked for the Transatlantic 14 day April cruise, but we had to change it to this cruise. The Transatlantic was a great deal actually the 14 day cruise for us 3 was working out to be $2,200. But the Principle @ my daughters school would not excuse my daughter for the absent if we where to go away. She kept going on and on- on how my daughter would be technically out of school for approx 4 weeks since the 2 weeks prior she would had been on Spring Break and then 2 weeks more on cruise. Which made lots of sense when she explained it that way. So this is how we landed on this HolidayDec 19 cruise which is actually working out to be very exciting, so I guess everything happens for a reason!

How does this sound?

Hi Kimberly,

I will be at the Port early, so I will see u there. The Dismeet in the Prom. Lounge on embarkation day @ 2pm will be perfect since that would be after having lunch and before the drill.

Now the 2nd dismeet we can actually discuss it @ our 1st dismeet which would make it easier I think since the navigators would be @ our disposal.

I also like the Tree calling that was suggested. In order to make us aware of any changes during the trip.

Holly

Oh gosh u just cracked me up--:rotfl:

beautiful weather here in new jersey today wearing shorts in December. it feels like I'm on the cruise already with this weather.

Oh gosh,

I'm in Jersey also and the weather is amazing I can't believe it.
My daughter came home complaining because I sent her with a sweater and coat this morning and when she came out of school she was boiling.

Lets enjoy it as much as we can!!!

Hi all!

Glad the DISmeets sound good to everyone. I like Shannon's idea of going to one of the lounges during the 2nd one. Do you think that we'll have any problem doing that with kids in tow? If not, which one would you suggest Shannon?

So, the first onboard DISmeet is set for Saturday, December 19th at 2 PM in the Promenade Lounge.

The second DISmeet is on Saturday, December, 20th at 2 PM, location TBA...but I like Shannon's idea for location...and Barb's idea for a phone tree if we need to make any last minute changes. ;)

I know everyone will be extremely busy on embarkation day at the terminal. But why don't we say that if it works out for any of us to meet there, let's do it at 11 AM by the model of the ship. Sound good?

A little off topic...are any of you dressing up for pirate night? DD has a costume and step-DD, DH, and I have pirate themed clothing items we'll wear, but not costumes. My in-laws are obviously getting into this as they have all gone out and found things to wear for pirate night! They are surprising me with their enthusiasm for this, but I think it's great!!! Anyhow, just wondering how many of you will be dressing up for that, and if you have early dining, would you wear your costume to dinner and for the rest of the evening, or would you change into it just before the pirate party?

We usually wear our pirate gear all evening. The servers are in pirate gear in the dining rooms, and it really gets into the spirit of things.

I have a question - are we doing the kid's post card swap? I need to know so I can pick up local post cards while Hannah's at dance tonight! :)

We're leaving for WDW in 9 days! :cool1: I can't wait! Now I just have to survive the horribly hectic days between now and then...

Amanda

Kim if we can pick a club I would say Rockin Bar D because of the lack of TVs and folks watching sports.

I have a pirate t shirt I got at Target for Halloween. I will probably wear that. I got Emm a t shirt and bandanna to wear. Tony will probably just wear short and a t!

I am really curious about the chicken and I love geeks!

I am still searching the internet for cheap airfare. I need major pixie dust on this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter