12/19/2009 - 12/26/2009 Magical Christmas Cruise! It's not that far Away?

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Thanksgiving break and all got a bit busy.

I will so need this cruise, if the 13 (school) days will be anything like the past two have been. Long story, ending in me being a little upset and stressed.

Hi I just wanted to say Congratulations, just notice the ticker on u'r post :)
Oh and I hope u'r stress comes down soon u sure will be needing this cruise!
Have fun and I'm looking forward to meet.

Hi Kiki
Just finished looking @ the pics from the link u posted, and the ship looks amazing. I'm in :cloud9:,. The pictures also gave me ideas on what clothes to pack. I'm having a bit of issues with my clothing, lets say I need to go shopping and buy new stuff-most of the stuff I have doesn't fit. I have gained about 25lbs in just 9 months and it's not because I'm pregnant! I was put on a medication for Osteoporosis and since then I have been blowing up :confused3. Anyways hopefully I will find nice inexpensive clothes to buy for this event ;):surfweb:

Hey Mermaid, I'm so sorry about the weight gain with your medication. I'm sure it must be hard to deal with that. On a good note about clothing, I'm not sure what size you are (you don't have to share) but Lane Bryant has some great sales on T-Shirts. My wife just bought 4 of them as they are Buy 1 Get 1 Free. She spent $26 on 4 Shirts. Hopefully this helps you get a cruise wardrobe. :banana:

Hi there, I'm Cynthia

Thanks for sharing, that sure is a great deal :woohoo:. I don't mind sharing my size really, If only I knew it :laughing:. Considering that I'm 4ft 10"-I think I must be upto a size 8 or 10 :scared1: not sure. This is going to require me go to the stores and trying stuff on, which I hate :mad:

Oh well let it be all for the :santa::wizard:!

Hi there, I'm Cynthia

Thanks for sharing, that sure is a great deal :woohoo:. I don't mind sharing my size really, If only I knew it :laughing:. Considering that I'm 4ft 10"-I think I must be upto a size 8 or 10 :scared1: not sure. This is going to require me go to the stores and trying stuff on, which I hate :mad:

Oh well let it be all for the :santa::wizard:!

Hey Cynthia! I'm Casey, nice to meet you!

Well, I wish you luck with the clothes finding. Maybe we'll see you on the cuise! Are you part of the FE?

Does anyone know where I can find a Disney themed white board calendar for the fridge?

I thought I remember seeing it posted that someone found something like this somewhere, but I didn't think we needed one at the time.

My son who is 3 asks me everyday how many days until we go to the beach. So I thought it would be fun for him to cross off the days until we go.

Any suggestions???

Hey Cynthia,

I bought a number of things from Coldwater Creek, from their online outlet section. They have lots of cute capris and tops really cheap right now. I even had a coupon for free shipping and $30 off, so the deal was even better...wish I had another coupon to share, I'd be glad to pass it on.

I also bought a few shirts at Forever 21. Although I'm waaaay past that mark - LOL - they had some cute T's for a little over $3 a piece so I was able to grab a few solid colored ones that should work well for layering.

Kimberly

Hey Michelle!

I've never heard of the board, but you can always try the construction paper chain. Cut strips of different colored construction paper and tape them together to make a chain (representing the number of days till your beach). Each day your son can tear one off, he will get excited seeing the chain get smaller and smaller.

Michelle, several Targets in our area have had Mickey and Minnie white boards in the One Spot. Maybe you could get one of those and then make a calendar on it? Also, the Dollar Tree over on Independence near Indian Trail had Christmas themed Minnie and Mickey whiteboards that I got for our cabin doors. I'll bet other ones in and around Charlotte would have them too.

Does anyone know where I can find a Disney themed white board calendar for the fridge?

I thought I remember seeing it posted that someone found something like this somewhere, but I didn't think we needed one at the time.

My son who is 3 asks me everyday how many days until we go to the beach. So I thought it would be fun for him to cross off the days until we go.

Any suggestions???

Michelle, several Targets in our area have had Mickey and Minnie white boards in the One Spot. Maybe you could get one of those and then make a calendar on it? Also, the Dollar Tree over on Independence near Indian Trail had Christmas themed Minnie and Mickey whiteboards that I got for our cabin doors. I'll bet other ones in and around Charlotte would have them too.

I was just at the Midtown Target, I guess I should have looked closer. I bought a plan one but would love to have one a little more festive. I will try dollar tree, I think there's one on South somewhere.

Thanks!

Hey Michelle!

I've never heard of the board, but you can always try the construction paper chain. Cut strips of different colored construction paper and tape them together to make a chain (representing the number of days till your beach). Each day your son can tear one off, he will get excited seeing the chain get smaller and smaller.

That is a very good idea. I bet he would even love to help me make it.

Thanks!

Mermaidlove,
Do you have a J Crew nearby? Since you are a petite size you may like the way they fit. They go up to a size 12 usually in the stores.
They are cut a little bit smaller than regular Missy sizes, so they work well for me. You could go to the store and try things on, then order online when you know your size, They have sales at the stores and also online, also check out Macy's they usually have good sales (75% off!) and probably have a little summer left. Good Luck!
Kiki

Hey Michelle!

I think this is a excellent idea Casey, sounds fun. I would like to use it but my husband has not allowed me to tell my daughter anything about anything :rolleyes1. I have been dying to spill the beans already and he just won't give :rolleyes:---:idea: But maybe I'll just make 1 as a Christmas School Break Countdown.

Sorry Michelle that I can't help,
I haven't heard about a white disney board either :confused:.

Hey Cynthia! I'm Casey, nice to meet you!

Well, I wish you luck with the clothes finding. Maybe we'll see you on the cuise! Are you part of the FE?

Hi Casey, Nice to meet you to! Can't wait to Dismeet everyone. Thanks for wishing me Luck and believe me I will need it. We wanted to be part of the FE exchange but unfortunately Kimberly advise me that the FE was closed out 2 weeks ago and we can't be added. She was very nice though in allowing us to join the group, did add us to the Roll and invited us to the meet and greet. I was expecting it we are sort of very, very, extremely late joiners :angel: and I'm just so very happy to even meet and greet other members of DisBoard excitement!!!

I will do a little something for all the kids in the group, though. Maybe little treat bags I normally make treat bags for the Counselors @ the Oceanier Club, Ill just make a few extras and add them on the FE on Christmas Eve.

Hey Cynthia,

I bought a number of things from Coldwater Creek, from their online outlet section. They have lots of cute capris and tops really cheap right now. I even had a coupon for free shipping and $30 off, so the deal was even better...wish I had another coupon to share, I'd be glad to pass it on.

I also bought a few shirts at Forever 21. Although I'm waaaay past that mark - LOL - they had some cute T's for a little over $3 a piece so I was able to grab a few solid colored ones that should work well for layering.

Kimberly

Hi Kimberely,

:yay:Thanks for the suggestion to visit Coldwater Creek I never realized befor that they have a outlet section. I did visit the outlet section and got a dress and 2 tops :woohoo:, hoping the dress fits me, since I have no idea :confused3 what is my exact size if 8 or 10. the tops are not very difficult I'm not top heavy so I'm sure a medium will me fine. But I'll X's my fingers on the dress. I haven't visited Forever 21 yet will do so later tonight!

Mermaidlove,
Do you have a J Crew nearby? Since you are a petite size you may like the way they fit. They go up to a size 12 usually in the stores.
They are cut a little bit smaller than regular Missy sizes, so they work well for me. You could go to the store and try things on, then order online when you know your size, They have sales at the stores and also online, also check out Macy's they usually have good sales (75% off!) and probably have a little summer left. Good Luck!
Kiki

Thanks Kiki, I will be store shopping this weekend. So yes I will need all the Luck! Found some stuff @ the Coldwater Creek outlet site that Kimberly suggested.

I also love Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic for petites. I usually go there for my work wardrobe, so I'm willing to pay a little more, but they have some adorable casual wear too. In fact, some of my work wardrobe doubles for casual wear! Their petite shirts and shorter dresses fit me well (I'm 5'0"), but I still use a good seamstress to hem my pants!

Everyone, keep an eye out for the short lovey-dovey couple- that's DH (5'4") and me!

Oh my goodness ladies we should have named this the short chicks cruise! I am only five two on a good day! I did really well at Loft when I was recently shopping for Vegas. Unfortunately I am also built like popeye as I have massive shoulders and curves so petite tops don't work too well for me!! I actually found a ton of great summer tops at Target that are very flattering for anywhere from 2.50-5.00 each. They are V neck as that is pretty much all I wear (thanks to what not to wear! I learned to lengthen my appearance!!). Well they work until you look at my legs that look like tree trunks!! I cannot wait to meet everyone! I actually booked the May 26th cruise this week. I am debating on keeping it or not. The airfare is just a killer and I live near a major airport. I have until Jan 26 to cancel and it is weighing heavilly on my mind. I just coud not resist 10 nights for $2160!!!! I seriously think I need travel therapy! I am addicted. Sorry to babble tonight folks I have had to much caffiene!

Shannon, did you book a Med cruise?! Wow, what a deal! Is that price for just you and DH or does it include DD too? I'd love to do a cruise like that but I am sure the airfare is outrageous and school would still be in session here...a double problem for me since it's near exam time (bad time to be gone in terms of my tutoring) and also DD is still in school.

The next cruise I have booked is on the Dream in 2011. If some tremendous irresistable deal comes up, we may cruise again before that time, but I'm thinking that will realistically be our next time at sea. There are some other trips DH would like to try so I guess I should be fair and let him pick the vacations at least sometimes...ha ha! He's a good sport and goes along with the Disney stuff for me and DD, but he's not a fanatic about it like I am!

Hey everyone!

We are sooo close now that we should probably firm up our plans for the DISmeets.

I know there was some discussion about having multiple ones to accomodate everyone's schedule.

We will be at the port early and would love to try to catch up with others in the terminal for a quick hello if that works out. If not, that's fine. I know it will be a busy day for everyone.

I think we had discussed a meet on the first day we board and then also on the first day at sea (i.e. Sunday).

On our cruise in April, our group met in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3. I think we met around 2 or 3 PM, I can't remember what time. Does anyone have any ideas about this location or a time? I can't remember the time of the muster drill so I am having trouble suggesting a time.

Also, should we go ahead and set a time for those interested in a DISmeet on Sunday? I remember some folks saying maybe mid-morning would be good. I'm not sure where to suggest this one be held, since I don't know what activities might be going on in various parts of the ship on the sea day. Anyone care to make a suggestion?

Hi Kim
The drill is usually around 4pm just before we cast off on the first day as I recall. As for meeting the Promenade Lounge sounds good on the first day at sea. I think your idea of 2or 3pm sounds great. Since we have everyone's stateroom numbers if we needed to change the time we could set up a message system. One person call the people on Deck 2 another call Deck 5 another call Deck 6 an so on like a phone tree. Only we would leave messages letting people know the time has changed. Since we don't know the activities.... What do you think?
Barb:dance3::cheer2::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter