• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/10/05 ~ Anyone else cruising.....??

DisDawg said:
While reading through trip reports, I noted that one group of Dis'ers used lime green t-shirts or wrist bands to identify themselves?

Is lime green the official Dis'er color? lol. What is up with that? Anything like that planned for this cruise?

Lime green is the official color. :flower: Vanessa said that she will have some sort of big lime green sign in the terminal so we can find her. I have a couple of lime green shirts. I don't know if I am wearing one for embarkation or not, but I am sure you will find us acting crazy around Vanessa's sign. :cool1: :cool1:

John.... I guess we were posting at the same time..... you just can type faster than me. ;)

I definately don't want to be standing at Budget with the luggage either. I think it would be lots easier for one person to find a spot on the shuttle instead of 4 plus all the luggage. The guy at budget today said that it is in walking distance he thought (around 1/2 mile?). How far is it really?

From what I have read, the distance may be short but the road is really busy.

We will be wearing our traditional navy blue Disney logo shirts. They will match the first two embarkation photos. :)

I guess you could walk, but I would not want to. I would guess it is closer to a mile than a 1/2 mile. And, that road is BUSY. At one time, budget was right at the Radisson, but they moved. They are now just a bit farther down the road.

Just think how fresh you would be for that embarkation photo if you walked!

Just an Fyi for you on the other end too, Disney upgraded their port last year, so if you are renting a car, Budget does pick you up at the port, and there is a que area for each vendor. If you are off the ship early, like we were, there was not a long wait. The porter will take you and your luggage to the que area when you tell him how you are leaving. There is plenty of room for your luggage in these vans and I WOULD recommend doing it that way instead of sending one person to pick up the car and come back.

It can also be pretty nippy early in the morning, and I would not want to have to wait outside while someone picked up the car.

Got to get to bed now - early day tomorrow. I need to go to Cleveland to see if we can negotiate a contract or not.

John

cristit14 said:
Angie... I'll do TOT with you! I didn't get to do it last time. Rachel wants to ride it, but I don't think Jacob will want to. Brad will though so we will have to do a kid swap thing.
You could get a kid swap pass and after (or before) we ride you and Brad could ride together and we could sit with the kids, if you'd like to go together.

Welcome, Goofyfreak! Several of us are going on the Dec DD cruise next year. You should book while on board and join us! :cool1: We will have fun!

I got the suitcases out tonight. Hmmmm.....now to get some stuff put in them. :earboy2: Friday, I will do it Friday. Sheesh! DH and I are both procrastinators. This is not good. :rolleyes:

I did find our door signs from last Dec and 2 of them are not dated so we could use them again. DH will (in a frenzy because he put it off) want to make more I am sure. We are a pair! :love2:

Oh, for those who have recently joined and not read back thru all the posts, if you are late dining and interested in dining on the same rotation and at the same table/or area with us just PM your reservation number to me and I will get them linked. (Hope there are no English teachers in the group as that is a terrible run on sentence! :rotfl: ) Cristi and her family are joining us and all are welcome. If there are too many for one table they sit us all in the same area.

Oh, oh. DH just got home from work and I have not thrown an onion in the oven or anything. Better go reheat something for him to eat! :rolleyes: He just asked me what I'm doin' and I told him "talking to my friends", he just smiled. :rotfl:

I just found this site a a few days ago, too! Watch out! It's really addicting! We Love, Love, Love Disney, too! Last year, our first vacation w/o kids, chose WDW to go to alone :love2: We are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year - first cruise! It looks like we are on with a fun bunch! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tip: Look back over the last 12 months of posts to glean info that they have all talked about already :goodvibes 6 days!

Well, I'll say "bye all" until we meet at the Radisson on the 9th :) We leave tomorrow so I may or may not be on before we get there.

Pack safely and see you all soon

It has taken me forever to catch up on reading all the new posts. Being in England I have to read the whole days posting in one go!

Anyway we leave on Tuesday, so less than a week to go!

All the children are excited, but we have so much to do.

Have decided to keep the girls off school now until after Christmas, so that they do not catch anythingelse before we go.

See you all soon.

Kirsty

jordanyosh said:
You go eat dinner; watch a Ducks game and POW, 30 more posts......

Ohhhh, but what a game it was.... 6-1 DUCKS over Phoenix Coyotes.

So lovely. Can't wait to see it on Tivo.

Although my eyes are falling out as it's 2:40am. :rolleyes2 I wonder if anyone else is awake as it's late on the west coast and early on the east... :rolleyes1

Good morning all! Wow lots of posts!!
John- I had to laugh out loud - plywood?? now that would give me something to do with all the extra hurricane supplies!! But, no - it's lime green poster board! :)
Welcome - welcome to all the newcomers! This is really turning out to be a large group!! We are going to have a blast!

and we'll be leaving Thursday morning so I don't think I will be the last one to post....

do you think we'll hit 3000?? If we stay on pace with last night I bet we will!

Ohhhh it was 49 on the way to work this morning!

Are you kidding? I have been up since 7 am. I just printed out the shipping lables for my BIL's family's packages & will drop them off in a bit. I am tyring to decide between wrapping presents now so that I don't have to rush to do it when we get back or working on DD's room. I have to go to the school to update the bulletin board this afternoon too. No scrapping for me today. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter