• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/10/05 ~ Anyone else cruising.....??

Everyone be sure to make note off our DIS meets during the cruise. :)

Friday night -- Meet at the Radisson's pool in Port Canaveral 7 - 9.

Saturday -- 10:30 meet up in terminal while waiting to board.

-- 2:30 at Mickey Pool.

-- 3:30 on Deck 10 overlooking Goofy Pool.

-- 4:30 Goofy Pool for Sail Away on Deck 9 on stage

& Deck 10 overlooking Goofy Pool.

Sunday -- Day at Sea

Monday -- Day at Sea

Tuesday -- 8:00 Atrium for DIS group pirate picture???

-- 9:45 Goofy Pool for Pirate night Deck Party

Thursday -- Open to suggestions. Wine & cheese in stateroom or
on secret deck on 7 aft? Stateroom tour?

Drat! ;) This system isn't working very well today. :( I keep having to go back & reenter. Add these bratty kids to the mix and it's not a good day.

Lisa, add MGM Studios Thursday Dec 8 to those meets. There are at least 3 of us that plan to be there that day.

Yes, MrsMork, we are leaving out of PDX on the 9th. Staying at/near MCO - then DCL transport on the 10th. We actually have to leave KFalls on the night of the 8th because our flight on the 9th is at 6am. Quite a trek :sunny: Where are you staying on the 6th?

11 days! How do we get the countdown??? :earsgirl: :earsboy:

1997 WDW
Disneyland many, many
2004 WDW
2005 Disney Magic Eastern
2006 Disneyland with grandson!

MAGICFOR2, we are staying at the Embassy Suites at PDX on the night of the 5th for a 6 am flight. We do the park and fly there. Then we will be at Old Key West the 6th thru the 9th. We are doing WDW parks the 7,8,9th.

After looking on ebay for months, I finally found a tiki Mickey shirt for DH. The only problem is that it ends on 12/5. There is no way it could reach us in time. :(

It's getting cold here again after that warm weather we had over the weekend. I decided to try and hang some more lights outside tonight and it was downright freezing!

Every year I say to myself, I could not possibly want to buy more or different decorations for Christmas for the house for next year. Then every year I break that promise and buy more stuff - I have a whole basement full! I just had to buy this new nifty pole this year, that comes with hooks to hang lights on gutters at Target - it worked great. Then I had to buy new garland for the porch, then I had to put some lights on the trees, then I needed some wreaths for the 2nd floor windows. I am driving myself crazy decorating this house, and like DW said, we will not even be here almost 11 days of December! :crazy2:

At least the house will be well lit while we are gone!

Jordan must be MIA - perhaps he is packing.

Deidre and Dwight - DD also had her own set of doc's, while mine and DW's were together too. Probably because she is a child - but maybe that is also why she gets the special treatment from Disney. In the past, everyone had their own set.

John

Jhalkias said:
Deidre and Dwight - DD also had her own set of doc's, while mine and DW's were together too. Probably because she is a child - but maybe that is also why she gets the special treatment from Disney. In the past, everyone had their own set.

John

Hi John,

The weird thing is that DH, myself and our 7 yr old DD are in one doc and then our youngest DD, who turns six on Thursday, has her own docs. Bizarre :)

Oh well, we get to leave soon :) Tomorrow is my last day of work before we leave. It was close I was called for court on Thursday but was able to write a statement and have it notarized so I don't need to go :cool1:

Take care all,

All four of us are included in the same booklet this time. :) Amy & I are thinking alike with the decorations. I refuse to do anything else. DH will start taking the tree down on 12/26 so why bother?

I worked on the girl's pirate skirts more tonight. I just have a couple more of the red triangles to seal the edges on then I will be able to sew all the pieces together. :)

Another day almost down! My DH cleaned house today! I thought he was getting out all the decorations today but he cleaned instead - even did laundry!! Whoooo hooo!!!

we leave our decorations up through the 12 days of christmas so they have always been up for our nye parties. I need to get started on the outside.
John I saw that gutter thing at Home Depot on Sunday - it was around $20 and I thought - wow I need to get one so I won't hacve to move the ladder every 3 feet.
Is it any good?

lillygator said:
Another day almost down! My DH cleaned house today! I thought he was getting out all the decorations today but he cleaned instead - even did laundry!! Whoooo hooo!!!

Now that is a nice surprise! :)

How WISH tomorrow was my last day of work before this vacation. Just when I was getting caught up, I got burried again with more issues. To top it off, the union is holding a "strike authorization vote" tonight based on our slow pace of negotiations, which just got everyone fired up, and customers calling to ask if we were still open - ARRRRGGGGGGH!

Lisa, I'm sure the girls outfits are going to be great. Amy and I decided not to worry about the pirate night stuff. She almost bought a peasant skirt last night when she was out shopping, but decided why buy something that she may wear only once and spend the $$$ for it? I will bring along the simple pirate stuff I brought last time. I almost bought some stuff at Halloween, but it all looked cheap and silly to me. If the kids have fun, that's all that matters to me.

Maybe only five year olds get their own doc's! Sophia won't be six until Feb.

John

Lisa- during the online registration did you pick a password? I can't remember....am I expected to remember that at the terminal? can I look it up anywhere?

Yes, you did pick a password when you signed the kids up online. We always use the same one so it is easy for us to remember. I'm not sure what you can do at the terminal if you don't know it. Have you tried going back in to DCL's site to see it?

MrsMork said:
The late hour is the reason we have never gone also. We are usually in bed by 11. Old fuddie duddies I guess. I would like to make it at least one night this time though.

That all depends, do you have little ones waking you up at dawn? DH is always up on deck early. He has gotten some amazing sunrise pictures. :)

John, DD is also 5 but she is included. I just think that DCL's system has some kinks in it. At least they got the docks out! :) Don't tell DH that you wont be dressing up!!! I got him that peasant top ages ago. I have to put on my outfit & see what accessories I want to bring for it.

did anyone order anything for their room? gift basket, etc?

last time I ordered the champagne and strawberries....the food was a huge platter and pretty much was wasted since we ate lunch etc.....um, I don't think we wasted the beverage, maybe that has something to do with Haley!! :)
I also had ordered Samantha a gift basket from Shirley a pink bucket with snacks, etc. Not sure if I will do anything this time. I would like a DH basket so it could have beer in it and I wouldn't have to lug it onboard. I wanted to order the anniversary stateroom celebration but it is no longer offered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter