• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/10/05 ~ Anyone else cruising.....??

Wow, Angie.... I am exhausted just listening to your Thanksgiving. :) My sweet potato casserole needs to heat and I am working on the mashed potatoes now. That is all I am in charge of. THen we will head over to SIL house in about an hour and a half.

Can't wait to meet you in two weeks!!! :cool1:

Everything is cleaned up & put away here. We are just sitting down to enjoy some cheesecake then it is nap time. :) DD tried dinner for the first time ever. She really liked the turkey, potatoes, & gravy but didn't care for the stuffing. DS still had his chicken nuggets & biscuits. He says that he will try more food when he is a teenager. I don't know if I will make it that long. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! We got our documents yesterday -- yeah!! We booked cat 5 and that is where we still are --- no upgrade for us. We are first time Disney cruisers, so I doubt they would have given us an upgrade on this first cruise - right? I'm happy (okay, and a little green with envy) for those who got bumped to cat 4!! Wahooo!

I'm not cooking today, so I have spent the ENTIRE afternoon sorting clothes and coordinating outfits for our family of four. I've figured out what we will all be wearing for each of the evenings. Phew... big job!

One quick question regarding dressing the kids for dinner.... Is it okay if my DS (6 yrs) wears dress shorts to the non-special dinner nights? Any input would be very helpful!

Gobble gobble!!!

-Maggie Goss
Tucson, AZ :sunny:

Maggie, I am only giving you "my" opinion & how I have dressed my now DS7 on our last 2 cruises. Up until this past fall they requested that no jeans or shorts be worn in the dining rooms at dinner. Now they only request that no shorts be worn. Toddlers in those super cute short & jackets outfits with suspenders & the like are fine. DS turned 5 on our first cruise & I thought that he was too old to wear shorts to dinner. I pack him a 2 pairs of khakis in tan & navy to wear on the non formal nights. He either wears a button down shirt usually with tie (the guy likes to dress up :) ) or a short sleeved polo shirt. You can take him to the cabin after dinner & let him change back into shorts to hit the club or go to the movies. You are only a couple minutes away from your room.

Now that is my opinion, but you wont find me wearing jeans in the dining room by choice. Last year my luggage didn't show up before our seating and I was stuck wearing the jeans I had on & a collared shirt that I packed in another bag. I was VERY uncomfortable but that was just me. I tend to plan out our evening wear to coordinate a bit so I felt out of place with DD, DS, & DH...along with Jhalkias & his family dressed up for dinner.

Oh, and regarding your comment on upgrades...there really is no rhyme or reason to how or when DCL gives upgrades. I think that they try to move the fewest number of staterooms as possible while filling in the lower categories. On our first cruise we booked an 11 but were upgraded to an 8. VERY nice surprise! :) On our last cruise we booked a 10 & we stayed in the room we had selected...which was fine with us. We always book what we will be happy with because chances are that is what you will get. Next year we are booked in a 10. We will manage to readjust to it. ;)

Has everyone nodded off after Thanksgiving dinner already? LOL! We are watching Survivor & the Apprentice. DH & I have plotted our BF strategy. I'm hitting the online deals while he hits a couple stores early. I don't expect what I am going to get to be the hot items so I'll wait a bit before taking DD out. DS will go with DH. There is one thing left that I would really like to find for DD but everyone around here is out of it. I have found one online...I'm just waiting to see if a better deal shows up tomorrow. :)

I am at Wendy's home. We just got back from our Aunt and Uncle's house. I ate way too much. I couldn't even eat dessert.

Wendy, her DH and I are starting to get a little worried as none of us has really started packing and we leave in a little over a week.

jordanyosh said:
Wendy, her DH and I are starting to get a little worried as none of us has really started packing and we leave in a little over a week.

I know!!! I can't believe how far behind I am this time. No magnet signs done, no packing done, haven't even updated my packlist for this year. That's what having two kids has done to me. I'll be lucky if I remember to bring the kids when we go. Ha ha ha.

I can't believe I'll be there in a week from Sunday. Time is flying too fast (I know you all don't agree... ha ha ha). But considering I have to get my Christmas letter out, with pictures, of which we don't have a family one yet... before we leave, and pack for me, DD and DS (DH packs himself), a week is not nearly enough time unless I elect to forego sleeping and eating. :faint:

But I'm sure I'll be loving it once we get on the plane... unless DD has a meltdown, or DS decides that he's not going to be mellow anymore, or I realize that I've forgotten my suitcase or something. :scared1:

But hopefully it'll be perfectly wonderful vacation :teeth:

See you all in a couple weeks! :wave2:

I'm with you, Wendy! I don't want the time to rush at all. I need to get alot done & would like the house to be clean when we get back. How did everyone do at BF? I had to call in a staples order since the site was not working but did great. DH is at WM now. I sent him with the Target ad to price match a couple DVDs. DD & DS both sound scratchy this morning. :(

I wanted to get ONE item at Circuit City (they opened at 5:00), so I got up, and thought that on my way in to the office at 6:15 I might have a chance to get one (512mb CF card for a camera 9.99!). WRONG! All gone by 6:15!

Inside the store was a ZOO! Lines 30-40 people deep. There was also evidence of overnight campers at the door - in overnight sub-zero temperatures! BF shopping is not for the faint of heart, and not for me!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm still stuffed from all the turkey! Now if I can just make it through this prolonged work week and to my first cruise!!!

Vanessa, are you going up to Gainesville???

Go Gators!!!

Hi All;

I'm back from my BF shopping. I think I did well, except for the movie I bought the girls, "Kicking and Screaming" to watch today and it's a bad disk. AAHH. I'm not going back to that to do an exchange. ;)

lbgraves said:
How did everyone do at BF? (

Well, I for one am not fighting the masses today! Unfortunately, I have to work (b/c I'm taking 2 weeks off for WDW, I couldn't take today off).

Fortunately, I am pretty much done with Christmas shopping already :banana:

Except for a couple people I'm buying for at WDW, I am DONE. Whoo hoo! :earboy2:

At WM they have Cinderella dress up for girls, $10. I bought 2 :goodvibes

I bought the girls dual DVD players for the car too, we'll take that on the trip. I figure we're moving back to Canada next year or the year after and we will get 8 days to drive home, I'd rather have them watch tv than go "are we there yet?" :rotfl:

WendyOkada said:
Well, I for one am not fighting the masses today! Unfortunately, I have to work (b/c I'm taking 2 weeks off for WDW, I couldn't take today off).

Fortunately, I am pretty much done with Christmas shopping already :banana:

Except for a couple people I'm buying for at WDW, I am DONE. Whoo hoo! :earboy2:

I'm in the same boat (get it? boat?? :rotfl: ) I am working right through us leaving on Thursday. I couldn't pass up on some of the deals though. So I worked yesterday, got up at 4 am this morning and now I need to work for about 10 hours today. I'm going to be beat by the time I get to start my vacation :)

I guess I am the only one lurking here today.

Quick question though, is pop included on the cruise when you get it with your meal or is that extra??

Thanks all

Another thing, I am completely packed for the girls :goodvibes Yippee, I have them all packed up except for their game boys :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter