12/04/2010 Eastern MAGIC - CHIP 'N' DALE'S CRUISIN' NUTS

Got our GTY assignment this week as well. Stateroom 5122. Looks like we were one of the few that did not get upgraded :laughing: The room gets a good review overall and on the bright side things we are right beside the lifeboats!
Oh well, still super excited that the cruise is around the corner. We had our first snow flakes already, nothing that stuck around, but enough to remind us that winter is around the corner. :santa:

Hey Everyone Happy Saturday.....
I am cleaning up and then going to move my office today...... I'm headed to an office with a window finally HOORAY!!!!!! Anyway I wanted to say I would love to do a little game at the.........

Promenade Lounge Meet 'n' Greet: 3 p.m., embarkation (boarding) day - Join us in the Promenade Lounge, Deck 3 Aft, for a mini-meet (15 to 30 minutes?) to say hello to some of your fellow cruisers. This is a family friendly lounge fully visible from the corridor - - no doors. We will probably be somewhere towards the left or center as you face the bar. Just look for a "sailor Chip" chipmunk beanie plush on the table and you've found the right place!

let me know Shari if this would be ok and I can give more info of what will need to happen.... I did it for our last couple DIS groups and it was super fun!!! It was a way for everyone to know who is who and a little meet n great gift:thumbsup2:cheer2:
What do you have in mind? I'm not one for games myself (I'm a very serious person - honestly!) but most would probably love it, so if you are offering to take charge of the meet 'n' greet - Sure! Have at it and thanks!

As for knowing who's who - I am hoping many of our Cruisin' Nuts will print out and wear our logo with their user name on it, but that's probably not going to happen. :lmao:
CDLanyard.jpg

Got our GTY assignment this week as well. Stateroom 5122. Looks like we were one of the few that did not get upgraded :laughing: The room gets a good review overall and on the bright side things we are right beside the lifeboats!
Oh well, still super excited that the cruise is around the corner. We had our first snow flakes already, nothing that stuck around, but enough to remind us that winter is around the corner. :santa:
Sorry you didn't get upgraded, but I'm sure you'll still have a great cruise! After all, you are a Cruisin' Nut! :boat:

I am envious of you having snowflakes. Right now I am missing my other home in Idaho. Florida doesn't have enough seasons for me. There is "summer" and "not-quite-summer." But my mom reminds me that it was freezing and there were snow flurries in Port Canaveral last January, so FL does have its brief winter moments. :goodvibes

Well I have changes now for the cruise...... Rob is NOT coming along with us due to work and he is staying behind to watch over the contractor building our new room addition on the house...... So I will be solo now and I am sooooooo social so I am sure I will be fine however if you want to make plans to hang out with me I would totally love it...... I love to talk talk talk and play play play:thumbsup2 My brother and his GF are coming and Godparents of my kiddos so atleast I'll have lots of support with the little ones:lovestruc Anyway I still like the nightlife and hanging out so shoot me a message if you don't mind me tagging along to some things :)
Sorry to hear that he wont be with you :( But I love to play games and hang out at night, My room is only one floor down from the bars/clubs woo woo ;) LOL
just a reminder..............42 days Woo Hoo ( I know I need it):banana::cheer2:
YAY :banana::banana:

Last cruise 10/08 Western, there was a hypnotist act in Rockin Bar D, Ricky Kalmons???. I hope he there's again, that was FUNNY. Anybody else have some favorites???

Taswira, I plan on wearing my nametag lanyard, just because I'm cool like that.

Last cruise 10/08 Western, there was a hypnotist act in Rockin Bar D, Ricky Kalmons???. I hope he there's again, that was FUNNY. Anybody else have some favorites???
I don't think he'll be aboard, but you can follow his goings-on here on his Twitter page.
Taswira, I plan on wearing my nametag lanyard, just because I'm cool like that.
AWESOME! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2

So do we have a final FE list now? Hoping I have all the gifts I need and I can go on to other projects for the cruise. We are getting so close now.

It has been rough around here. DH has had some health issues and my mother-in-law fell and broke her hip. We did have a break in there though as friends came for a visit and we were able to get over to the Food and Wine Festival. Went to the wine school yesterday and it was fun. We got a diploma, medal and leather wine education binder. Ready for a little wine drinking on the cruise!

the FE list is almost complete... I am waiting to hear back from 3 cabins.... I have decided for right now to take one name off the list.... if I do not hear back from the others soon, I am going to take their name off too. (the list Shari has on our website is right on the money so far.. thanks Shari..)
it is under 100 people for right now. :) I will have a cabin count very soon!!

dwtraveler - So sorry about your DH and your MIL, but I'm glad you enjoyed the F&WF wine school. When my mom and I were at the festival, we didn't participate in anything because she doesn't drink at all anymore (shouldn't with her meds) and is wary of most of the international food kiosks after getting suddenly and violently ill after eating Greek food last year (which she had enjoyed in previous years). So we stuck to the regular dining options. We were preoccupied with Duffy anyway - lol. I'm going to have to return to Epcot soon to buy him some more costumes. He only has two. :rolleyes1

Taswira -- How much does Duffy cost? and do you know if he's "available" at Mickey Mates ?

A good friend we made during our last cruise made us an awesome FE. We love it.

My son Bobby who is 11, wants to know where the link is for the other kid cruisers his age, can anyone help?

Hi MoranClan,

tell Bobby that our son Tim is 11 and will be on the cruise. Maybe we'll meet up at one of the greets and they can introduce themselves.

Hope your Dad gets well soon.

Gail

Taswira -- How much does Duffy cost? and do you know if he's "available" at Mickey Mates ?
The 17" Duffy like I have is $25 and his costumes are $15 apiece. He is available at the WDW parks and at DTD, but his Duffy merchandise (costumes, etc.) are supposedly only available at Epcot. Duffy merchandise WILL be available on DCL, but no one has been able to provide a firm date for that as yet. I will post it on my Duffy site as soon as I find out. :)

anyone go to Epcot on a regular basis? Would love to surprise someone with a Duffy when we go on the cruise. If so, anyone willing to pick one up? I searched and he is not even on the Disney Store online.

anyone go to Epcot on a regular basis? Would love to surprise someone with a Duffy when we go on the cruise. If so, anyone willing to pick one up? I searched and he is not even on the Disney Store online.

I'm visiting right now for Food and Wine, can pick up a Duffy (hopefully I won't be tempted to pick up one for me - err, my niece while I'm at it :rolleyes1) before I fly back on Wed. evening ;)

-Ken
(P.S. There's talk of a DisMeet on Nov 6 at Baltimore Inner Harbor in case you're interested... noticed you're in Glen Burnie)

I'm glad watank is there and can get him for you. I am only an hour away but my visits revolve around the weather and how my mom feels if she is going (Don't like to leave her here all day alone).

Don't forget that you may want a costume for him, as he comes naked - lol. The sailor suit is his signature outfit and certainly appropriate for cruising. Duffy comes in the 17" size (that the costumes are made for), plus a big 28" (too big to take on a cruise, IMHO), baby Duffy size and even a (large) keychain version (no attire). The latter is $8 and I plan to get one of those. If my 'munks can't make room for Duffy on the Cruisin' Nuts, I'll at least bring the keychain!
DuffyWonder.jpg

EDITED TO ADD - - At WDW, Duffy merchandise will only be available at Epcot. Eventually (but no date released) his merchandise will be on DCL (no word yet on any meet-n-greet). He is also at California Adventure and of course Tokyo DisneySea. They said he will not be sold at the Disney Store or elsewhere, but who knows for the future?

:surfweb: Good morning, Cruisin' Nuts! Could everyone please take a moment this week to confirm that ALL of your info is correct on our cruiser list, our kids list and (if you are celebrating a birthday on our cruise) our birthday list? Please PM or email any changes or additions to me so I can update the list(s). :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter