• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/04/2010 Eastern MAGIC - CHIP 'N' DALE'S CRUISIN' NUTS

I don't mind the cold at all, as long as it doesn't rain. Right now there is a chance of a few showers at the port when we depart. I just hope it doesn't rain for the sail-away party.

Pixie dust :wizard: for a dry sail away party.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys! DCL just called me and offered us a free upgrade from Cat. 7 to Cat. 4, but I turned it down. For anyone here who does not know why and is curious, see my post HERE on the Jan. 9 cruise thread.

I have had regular verandahs and Navigator Verandahs. All things considered (especially the current and forecast weather), I don't think I was crazy to turn down the upgrade. :sail:

We have had two Cat 4's to be honest our last room was soooo noisy.. we were right under the icecream... all night we heard chairs scrapping .. awful.

Well school is all set for an early dismissal tomorrow in anticipation of snow.
this Yankee is just :rotfl2: ...... I heard bread and milk are flying off the shelves. It snowed every day in Ohio I swear for 2 months solid last year.

Shari-- how far away from the port are you?

We have had two Cat 4's to be honest our last room was soooo noisy.. we were right under the icecream... all night we heard chairs scrapping .. awful.

Well school is all set for an early dismissal tomorrow in anticipation of snow.
this Yankee is just :rotfl2: ...... I heard bread and milk are flying off the shelves. It snowed every day in Ohio I swear for 2 months solid last year.

Shari-- how far away from the port are you?
That's what I was thinking also - noise. I figured the one they were describing sounded like it might be beneath Topsider. Hmmm. I could also imagine the early morning deck washing and furniture dragging. No thanks. But the big thing right now is the weather. I have sailed in January a few times, and I think the Navigator Verandah is a real plus when it's cold. Besides, there must be some family that would benefit more from the Cat. 4. With only two of us, our room size is okay. The CM was not surprised that I turned it down. She said most who have sailed DCL this many times have their particular preferences. Guess I'm one of those, stuck in my ways. :rolleyes1

To answer your question - It's about a 40 minute drive from my house to the port, depending on weather and traffic.

Shari, what excursions are you doing? I am going to be cruising with you in my thoughts. I would like to know what I'm doing each day. ;) Have a great time, I hope the weather warms up.

hope the weather improves for Shari this afternoon... it is sleeting/ snowing in Orlando!!
crazy!!

hope everyone is able to stay warm this weekend! it is 18 right now in Atlanta..supposed to be back up to 50 on Tues :cool1:

I am in the middle of the Adirondacks and thinking I want to be on our Cruise already lol. It is so cold here and has snowed for so many days I lost track. So for my sanity I am looking at excursions and hoping for a great upgrade. LOL our last cruise we got upgraded from a category 12 to a 9 with a Navigators porthole window It was a great change for us. We are dreaming of an upgrade for this trip too but if not thats ok too because we are hardly ever in our room. 325 days to go I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. LOL

Yes it is exciting :D I have to wait for the flights Southwest doesnt put out their flight for a while :( but I think we are flying in a couple days early and staying on property havent really decided all those details yet.

we actually downgraded this cruise.. instead of a cat 4, we have 2 rooms, a cat 6 & 11 and it was much cheaper for us. now the girls can have their own space and we have 2 showers!! ;)

We opt out of formal night. ( we did Palo instead.) not a huge fan of getting really dressed up! we did our formal pics in Steeler jerseys. and we were soo much more comfortable. :)

we are able to drive now.. which saves a ton on airfare. we are not leaving until Friday... the schools here are sooo strict with vacations etc.. I dont want to push 6 days. but we are staying at the port this time.. so we wont have a far drive in the am. hoping to hit a Halloween party on Sat night.

I am thinking of bookin Reas still so I can book Palo at 105 days out.

I'm with ya'll. We just went to WDW in November, but I'm ready for another vacation!!

I've now made our pre & post resort reservations. I've booked our excursions. I've made our magnets for the door. But. . LOL . .I still need to get passports. Have to arrange a day when DH can take off as all 4 of us need passports. Hope to do that in the next couple of months. And I still need to do airline reservations.

Come on December!

I'm glad it's warmed up here and the snow is melting. Hope Shari is having a good time. I'm just bouncing off the walls. I can't wait to have my flights booked and rental car set for the first day and I'm all done!

Just got a new DCL DVD and watched it the other day. YAY!

Happy Friday!! :)

anyone have plans for the holiday weekend? My mom is coming to visit, so we are all excited about it!!

No plans here. I currently work for the phone company, we do not believe in holidays!!!! :lmao::rotfl:

Holiday? What holiday? I had to look on the calendar. I think only kids get a day off for MLK day. At least that is what they want us to believe here at the office. We are lucky we get Christmas off. Good thing Easter is always on a Sunday.

Holiday? What holiday? I had to look on the calendar. I think only kids get a day off for MLK day. At least that is what they want us to believe here at the office. We are lucky we get Christmas off. Good thing Easter is always on a Sunday.

Same here!

We are open on Sunday's too. I am in Seminary right now, will be finished in Oct of 2011. After that I guess I will not get off many Sunday's!!!

I'm back, guys, and now I am playing catch-up with TONS of E-mail and a feeble attempt to unpack.

Bit of news: See THIS THREAD. Couldn't resist. I did consider the Dream, knowing many plan to experience the new ship, but they only offer 3 and 4 night sailings except for 5 nights in summer, so I stuck with the Magic. :goodvibes

Time to continue unpacking. Grrrrrrr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter