12/04/2010 Eastern MAGIC - CHIP 'N' DALE'S CRUISIN' NUTS

So I am trying to slim down for our Cruise in 2010. Started Weight Watchers January 8th and so far I have in one month lost 5.6 lbs. Thats more weight then I have lost in like 2 years. I am soo proud of myself!!! I want to have to buy a whole new set of clothes for our Cruising!

Way to go!! That is AWESOME!!!! :cheer2:

Thanks Everyone!!!

So yesterday we went over to DHS got to see the new American Idol Experience during AP holder previews. It was cool, interesting concept, the stage is true to form and they had a Host, and 3 judges but I could see where this could turn a little karoke, But i think it will draw crowds for a year or so. I can also see people getting tired of it and bypassing it for the TSMM and Thrill rides instead.

Dinner was at the Grand Floridian Cafe which was good and a first for us. But everytime we eat on property I always dream that it is Palo or any of the Main Dining Rooms on the Magic!

How was everyone else's Weekend?

Well in Ohio...I can see the grass in my backyard...first time in over 6 weeks!! the weather is 50 degrees and it is pleasant!! :)

Awesome job about the weight loss!

I was wondering how the new AI attraction would be. I think it is cool the winner get a front of the line pass for the auditions for the real show. I wonder if there will be any spotlight on them next summer! :)

:surfweb: Good morning everyone! I love seeing activity on our thread and equally love when we gain additional cruisers . . as much as I love losing weight - LOL. Forgive me - I'm in another crazy mood today!

Just wondering: Is there a trend now to do a pre-cruise trip report, separate from one's post-cruise trip report and separate from the particular cruise's thread? I've noticed a few people on the DIS have done that. It used to be that "pre-cruise" implied packing, flying to Orlando, and the time spent in the area (at WDW or other area attractions) in the days before sailing, and people just included all that in the cruise thread or added it as the start of their post-cruise trip report. My thought is that if the pre-cruise stuff is in the regular cruise thread, it is easily shared with those on that sailing without searching the trip reports forum.

Temps: It was 43 when I got up today, but is currently 57. :)

Amy - I enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe. I've not had dinner there yet, but sometimes I hop on the monorail and head over there for lunch. I especially like their "Grand Sandwich" (open-faced turkey) and love their Orange Glazed Salmon Salad. Uh-oh .. I did not have breakfast today and now I'm making myself hungry for lunch! pluto:

To be honest I tend to not read trip reports, I just don't have the time. I read on other boards and write them on that board but when I have tried to write TR's on the DIS either no one responds, or reads it so I gave up.

To be honest I tend to not read trip reports, I just don't have the time. I read on other boards and write them on that board but when I have tried to write TR's on the DIS either no one responds, or reads it so I gave up.
I don't read them unless it is someone I know personally or there was something new on a particular cruise I want to read about, but I know a lot of people here read lots of trip reports to get opinions/views on things. I think the majority don't post replies though . . seeing it as more of a journal or blog. That's okay. I was just curious about the separate "pre-trip report" trend. :confused3

Anyway - Temps here got up to 69 today and we are in a warming trend. Should be in the 70s most of the week with overnight lows not too bad. I guess we are back to "Florida normal" - LOL. If my mom feels up to it, I might take her to WDW on Tuesday. Have to wait and see. :3dglasses

I only read the reports of my past fellow cruisers!! :) I am not a good writer, so I dont write TR reports.

We had a good weekend here. We can see grass too (finally) but there is snow in the forecast for much of the week. I took DD princess: to watch her ballet teacher perform at the U. The University troupe was good and we were really impressed until the Royal Ballet of London, a visiting troupe, took the stage for the 2nd hour. WOW! :eek: That's pretty much it- WOW! I have seen ballet performed many places by some really great dancers but never anything quite like this. They were skilled beyond belief. One young man gracefully "walked" the stage in the splits- still trying to figure that one out and their prima ballerina executed at least 5 dozen perfect pirouettes in one dance. If you like ballet and the Royal troupe ever comes your way it is definitely worth the ticket price (here that was a paltry $15- worth every cent) They were graceful, extremely talented and beautiful to watch. DD, who is only 9, sat on the edge of her seat the entire 2 hour show. I think she only moved to get a drink during intermission. DS :cool2: and DH spent the day at the wildlife conservation expo so it was a good day for them too. Hope everyone has a great week.
Take care,:grouphug:
Steph
PS Congrats on the weight loss. Can you feel us cheering for you!!!::cheer2:
PSS Taswira- Have fun at the house of mouse- I'm only a little jealous!

The University troupe was good and we were really impressed until the Royal Ballet of London, a visiting troupe, took the stage for the 2nd hour. WOW! :eek: That's pretty much it- WOW! I have seen ballet performed many places by some really great dancers but never anything quite like this.
Steph - Although it was several years ago, I've seen the Royal Ballet of London perform and it sounds like they have maintained their standards. I know what you mean by WOW! I'm jealous because I would LOVE to see them again. Alina Cojocaru from Romania was the principal (prima) ballerina then. Is she still with them?

:surfweb: Good morning everyone! I love seeing activity on our thread and equally love when we gain additional cruisers . . as much as I love losing weight - LOL. Forgive me - I'm in another crazy mood today!

Just wondering: Is there a trend now to do a pre-cruise trip report, separate from one's post-cruise trip report and separate from the particular cruise's thread? I've noticed a few people on the DIS have done that. It used to be that "pre-cruise" implied packing, flying to Orlando, and the time spent in the area (at WDW or other area attractions) in the days before sailing, and people just included all that in the cruise thread or added it as the start of their post-cruise trip report. My thought is that if the pre-cruise stuff is in the regular cruise thread, it is easily shared with those on that sailing without searching the trip reports forum.

Temps: It was 43 when I got up today, but is currently 57. :)

Amy - I enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe. I've not had dinner there yet, but sometimes I hop on the monorail and head over there for lunch. I especially like their "Grand Sandwich" (open-faced turkey) and love their Orange Glazed Salmon Salad. Uh-oh .. I did not have breakfast today and now I'm making myself hungry for lunch! pluto:

I've been reading post trip reports that involve the eastern - to see pics & read what they did, etc. I've not see any pre trip yet.

I agree, it makes more sense to share your pretrip here. It would add to the excitement, be easier to find, and for us that are going on our first cruise - it would be educational too.

Our trip is very far away - but I bought the passporter, been researching excursions & collecting graphics for magnets and shirts already. :) It adds to my excitement. My DDs like looking at the passporter, and having me point out where our stateroom is.

It was in the 70s this weekend for us. Very nice. My DDs got to play on their swing set, and eat popsicles in their clubhouse - very nice. Today we woke up to thunderstorms, so back to regular weather I guess.

I am so EXCITED!!!!

Let me give a little Background-

I moved to Orlando In September, I quit my job back in CT and packed up and moved down here with my mother in tow (she has some medical issues so I help her out) She brought her job with her since she can do it from home. So she works in home. I have been searching for this elusive thing called Employment for the last 5 months.

I got the call today that I got a JOB! and its at the Airport which makes me happy as I love the airport. My family always said I'd be happiest working at the airport. I am facinated by planes, flying and the excitment of travel.

I have to go tomorrow to fill out paperwork and have my proof of legality to work in the US etc checked. I hope to find out my training schedule as well but it feels good to know that I'll have an income again!!

Cruise Money!!!

So Today is a great day! (oh and my grandma sent me an unexpected $20 so that I could celebrate Valentines day)

.... Heigh Ho Heigh Ho Its off to Work I go....

I got the call today that I got a JOB! and its at the Airport which makes me happy as I love the airport. My family always said I'd be happiest working at the airport. I am facinated by planes, flying and the excitment of travel. ........
Hey - CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2:

Is your new job full time? If so, will you be able to get the vacation time for the cruise? I sure hope so! I would think that if nothing else, they would let you take a week unpaid since you won't have been there a year by that time.

Cruise money! Sounds FABULOUS! :banana:

Alina Cojocaru from Romania was the principal (prima) ballerina then. Is she still with them?
Yes, she is still with them. One of the ladies in the audience was talking about how graceful she is. She said she does not travel much anymore and she did not perform at this show- that just means I will have to see them again. ;) They were using the prima from their university troupe. She is only 19 years old and from Japan. Her name is Shiori Kase. Her partner in the Pas de deux was just as impressive. His name is Benjamin Ella and he is also only 19.

It's Part time right now not sure if they will have full time open up but I am happy just to have a job so that is just fine!!!

We are going to have dinner at the Beach Club tonight, and then jellyrolls to celebrate.

I am so EXCITED!!!!

I moved to Orlando In September, I quit my job back in CT and packed up and moved down here with my mother in tow (she has some medical issues so I help her out) She brought her job with her since she can do it from home. So she works in home. I have been searching for this elusive thing called Employment for the last 5 months.

I got the call today that I got a JOB! and its at the Airport which makes me happy as I love the airport. My family always said I'd be happiest working at the airport. I am facinated by planes, flying and the excitment of travel.

I have to go tomorrow to fill out paperwork and have my proof of legality to work in the US etc checked. I hope to find out my training schedule as well but it feels good to know that I'll have an income again!!

Cruise Money!!!

So Today is a great day! (oh and my grandma sent me an unexpected $20 so that I could celebrate Valentines day)

Great news!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I am so EXCITED!!!!

Cruise Money!!!

Congratulations! :dance3:

Happy Valentine's Day and chipmunk cheer to all!

ChipDaleVal.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter