11 nights of QSDP w/PIX-I didn't have 1 burger!UPDTD Last day. Breakfast WPE

Just saw your report! Great food pics! I like the Beef Keftas at Morocco and never tried them. Are they really a snack credit? I notice $5. Is that $5 each?

Can't wait to see more!

Sorry, but that was during the F&WF (Food & Wine Festival). I'm sure the regular ones aren't a SC but you should be able to get them as a meal using a CS.

Thanks, really enjoying this. We are on the DDP in June and have our ADRS but its nice to see reviews of the CS meals as well. Appreciate your time and effort.

How fun! Does Disney still serve the frozen chocolate covered bananas on a stick? I remember eating those during our visits when I was a kid. My mom felt like it was the healthiest alternative at the time for a cold snack! We always went in August when it was super hot and muggy!

Day 5
Oct. 12th, Wednesday
Earl of Sandwich for Take-Out

Today is a non-park day.

We all slept In. DM and I woke about 8:30 and DD was still asleep at 9:15. I had Frosted Flakes and hot tea in room. We were driving West to meet my DM’s cousin who lives in Naples.. We agreed to meet up at Cracker Barrel in Bradenton for lunch. Then we were going to go to the Gulf Coast and find a beach. Maybe Anna Marie Island or Bradenton Beach? We visited AM Island about 5 years ago and enjoyed our quick visit.

DD wasn’t happy about the long car ride but one thing that made her happy was that we were going to pick up some food to-go at Earl of Sandwich in DTD. She LOVES the Cannonball sandwich (meatball) there! We kind of dawdled this a.m. and didn’t get to EoS until almost 11:30. No way we we’re going to make Bradenton by 1! (and we didn’t).

We decided to get Earl’s Italian and Earl’s Club sandwiches and my DM got the Chinese Chicken Salad. DD also wanted a Cannonball to eat now, so we got that as well.

Since you can’t order Earl’s sandwiches cold (they have to finish cooking the bread) I made sure to order the dressing on the Italian and the Club on the side. And of course the salad dressing for the chicken salad was on the side as well. All sandwiches and salads are $5.99. We got 4 bottled beverages ($2.50). I got 2 of those cute little aluminum Coke cans. We got a Diet Coke and a Sprite for DD. My DBIL got a regular coke one at Club Cool in May and asked me to get him a Diet Coke one if they had it. They didn’t so I got him the one from EoS instead. I think we got an Honest Ade juice and one other drink. We got a 3-Berry Yogurt Parfait ($2.49), Chocolate Cupcake ($1.99) and Brownie Sandwich-Vanilla ($2.49) as our desserts. As I’m looking at our receipt I realized we only got 3 desserts-we should have gotten 4! Darn it! My only excuse is we were in a rush.

DD12 ate the Cannonball in the car (as soon as we got in) and declared it as good as last year! I think my DM and I each had a small bite. Very small bite.

We ended up eating our meal for dinner at dusk at Bradenton Beach. We find an area with what looked like new picnic tables. The sandwiches were both very good. DD wasn’t too sure about trying the Club but she liked it. The Chinese Chicken Salad was also very good. Good dressing. It did suffer a little from being made 8 hours before. ;)The greens were a little wilted. But it still tasted good. Unfortunately the yogurt parfait did not survive the ice chest. Some of the water got inside so it had to be thrown away. The Cupcake and Brownie Sandwich were okay. The desserts at EoS are just okay, IMHO.

Used 4 CS, 44 left. $43.60 (would have been a few dollars more if I had gotten that 4th dessert)

Since we had breakfast in the room and lunch at Cracker Barrel we only ate at the one location today. And since my DM’s cousin treated us to our lunch, we still haven’t paid for any food except one bag of mini-donuts!

USED 4 CS, 44 left, $43.60

Total credits used to date 22 CS ($339) and 23 SC (103)) Total not spent-$442.

CS average meal $15.40
SC average $4.50

Sorry, not the best pix today

wdw2011120.jpg

Sprite just kicking back on Anna Marie Island

wdw2011080.jpg

This drink was like a lot of Organic type drinks where it's supposed to be healthier for you. Personally I didn't care for it-just tasted like watered down juice. But maybe that's just me. ;)

wdw2011158.jpg

DM and DD enjoying our beach meal.

wdw2011159.jpg

Chinese Chicken Salad. A nice size serving

wdw2011160.jpg

The Club. Very good. All sandwiches are the same size

A few more pix

wdw2011024.jpg

Exterior of Earl of Sandwich in DTD.

wdw2011053-1.jpg

Anna Marie Island Beach

wdw2011163.jpg

View of the Sunset from Bradenton Beach where we ate our sandwiches-very pretty!

NEXT UP-EPCOT and DHS. More F&WF, Sunshine Seasons, Boulangerie Patasserie, Writers's Stop and another visit to Contempo Cafe.

Subscribing! :goodvibes I have never tried the QS plan, but I am really enjoying reading about how you used it!

Great reviews. We are hoping they still have free dining when we want to go in 2013 so I am getting some new ideas for counter service locations just in case! :thumbsup2

Wow all your food from EoS looked wonderful, even though it sat for a few hours. We are going to have stop there. Can't wait to read more.

Love your review so far º0º

I have to say my favorite part is about my hometown Bradenton.

Oh, how I miss the beach so much and I was smiling like a fool when I saw your pics :)

How fun! Does Disney still serve the frozen chocolate covered bananas on a stick? I remember eating those during our visits when I was a kid. My mom felt like it was the healthiest alternative at the time for a cold snack! We always went in August when it was super hot and muggy!

Yes, they still have the frozen chocolate covered bananas on a stick.

Day 6
Oct. 13th, Thursday
EPCOT and DHS

Breakfast in the room. Cereal, leftovers, etc.

We got to EPCOT just about 10:30 and decided to eat some snacks from F&WF before our lunch.(F&WF is now over for the year. Will be back Oct. 2012)

ELECTRIC UMBRELLA
But first we decided we were thirsty. We stopped off at EU and got 3 sodas. I know, more sodas using a SC.:confused3 But look, we have like 42 SC left and we are about ½ way thru our trip. Good thing is that at EU the sodas are self-serve so you can refill them. $2.59 each

3 SC used, 39 left $8

AUSTRALIA
We arrived just after 12 and since the lamb ($5.75)we had earlier this week was so good we ordered 3. It was good, but not as good as the other night. DD’s and mine were okay, though just a little rare, but my DM’s was blood rare. Basically about half of it was raw. Close to the bone it was really too hard to eat. She was okay with it but I would have taken it back. They all needed a little more time on the grill.

EPCOTFWlamb-1.jpg

Oh, and I dropped some food on my shirt-with the red wine reduction sauce.

3 SC used, 36 left $12

Since I got the reduction sauce on my shirt, we had to stop off at a restroom so I could clean off my shirt.
You can’t tell right?

EPCOTallclean.jpg

Anyway, this time, for a change, we went to the right instead of the left and grabbed the Friendship Boat over to Morocco.

HOPS & BARLEY

EPCOTFWHopsBarleymenu.jpg

We went back to this booth to try the Lobster Cuddler (claw) for $6.50 We had to wait about 5-7 minutes for more to be cooked. This was about 1 p.m. The cuddler was just okay. Kind of small and a little too much smagma (my name for the yucky white stuff) on it. There were only a few small bites inside the claw. Disappointing.

EPCOTFWinsidelobstercuddler.jpg

EPCOTFWLobsterCuddler.jpg

1 SC used, 35 left, $7

Well since we were still a little hungry after that huge piece of lobster, we decided to have another taste in Japan. Last year we thoroughly enjoyed the Tuna Sensation and this year they have a Tuna/Salmon Sensation ($5.95) which is small pieces of raw tuna, salmon and avocado with a light soy sauce/sesame oil based dressing served in a little cup. This was pretty good. Almost as good as last year’s all tuna one. I prefer raw tuna over salmon.

EPCOTJapanTunaSensation.jpg

Tuna & Salmon Sensation

We ate standing at one of the high tables and enjoyed our sushi/sashimi along with our Diet Cokes.

1 SC used, 34 left $6

FRANCE-
Boulangerie Patasserie

EPCOTFrancePatisseriebldg.jpg

Since DD was doing the KP thing we found ourselves next in France. I haven’t eat at the Boulangerie Patasserie in years. Not since we’ve been using DDP. I don’t know why, I guess we haven’t been hungry when in France. :lmao: (It's surprising that we haven't eaten there more as both my paternal grandparents were born in France.)

It’s been almost an hour and a half since we had those few bites of lobster and we were feeling a little hungry. My DM had decided to wait for us to do the KP inside the France store where there are a few tables and chairs as well. I decided to surprise (whoa-talk about a surpise! My almost 3 y/o Nephew, who we watch while his mom is at work ,just escaped for the 1st time, from his crib while I am writing this! This is not good news) But back to my report…..So I decided to surprise my DM with a little snack. It was a little hot today and we all deserved a break. After all weren’t we saving the world from evil? That’s hungry business! :woohoo:

EPCOTFrancePatasseriedisplay.jpg

Cases of delicioushness

EPCOTFrancePatasseriedisplay2.jpg

EPCOTFrancePatasseriedisplay3.jpg

EPCOTFrancePatasseriedisplay4.jpg

EPCOTFrancePatasseriedisplay5.jpg

There are a lot of choices here for a SC. Basically almost everything in the case is a SC with the exception of a few of the larger sandwiches. I decided to use a CS and get a Cheese Tartine (think French bread pizza), Napoleon, and lg. Diet Coke. The tartines are in the case piled high with cheese until the CM puts it in an oven for a few minutes. They have 2 options-ham with cheese, or just cheese. DD picked cheese. When the CM got the Napoleon out of the case the top piece broke in 2. She asked me if I wanted another one. I said no, it’s not like the pastry being broken was going to affect the taste, right? :rotfl:

EPCOTFrancePatisseriemenu3.jpg

Beverages menu

As you exit the shop the inside seating is immediately to your left, inside the French store. This is a nice quiet, cool, location to eat your French delights that many guests don’t know about. :rolleyes:

EPCOTFrancemomattable-1.jpg

My DM waiting for our return.

EPCOTFrance3snacks.jpg

Our France QS meal. Cheese Tartine, Napoleon, and Diet Coke.

DD declared the Tartine delish! I had a bite and it was pretty tasty. Quite possible the best French Bread pizza I have had. The sauce was light and taste and there was a good amount of cheese. The Napoleon was also very good. The pastry was crisp and the filling yummy! And you didn’t even notice the broken piece! Of course, the Diet Coke was superb! A good year!

EPCOTFranceCheeseTartine.jpg

Cheese Tartine

EPCOTFranceNapoleon.jpg

Napoleon

I would definitely rec. the Boulangerie as a great place to eat and a really great place to use DDP credits. SC or CS. While a meal at Boulangerie may not be one of the more expensive ones, you do get to choose from a wonderful array of desserts!

1 CS Used, 43 left. $11

CHAMPAGNE & DESSERT

wdw2011189.jpg

Ever since I read in easywdw.com the report on the dessert trio at the Champagne booth I wanted to try them. So we ventured over there (just past Canada) and got 1 trio to share. They were so cute in their little containers. (I brought them home, there must be something I can do with them!). We enjoyed all 3 tastes but the Lemon Chiffon was our favorite. Next was the White Chocolate Macadamia Mousse with Dark Chocolate Pearls and the Tres Leches Verrine was just okay. Not much flavor. A heck of a bargain too if you were paying OOP. Only $3.75 You can get a single dessert for $1.50 or 1 SC, or a trio for 1 SC. Which would you choose for one SC? 3 for 1 of course!:laughing:

wdw2011190.jpg

I really wanted to have the Soft Serve Vanilla Ice Cream with Grand Marnier ($6.50) which was originally a SC but was changed prior to our trip. I’m not surprised. Really, something with alcohol for a SC? Maybe it was just a mistake on the sign when they first put them up?

1 SC Used, 33 left $4

END OF PART 1. Part 2 to follow

Thanks for your posts and all the pictures! We are going in Feb and have the DDP...this helps with our decisions!

DAY 6 cont....
EPCOT, DHS, and Contemporary

Well our eating schedule was pretty messed up today. It was about 3 and we were getting hungry. We decided to eat at one of our favorite CS choices in Epcot, Sunshine Seasons. Then after we ate we would be close to ride one of our favorites at Epcot, Living with the Land.

SUNSHINE SEASON

For those of you who don’t know where Sunshine Seasons Food Court (SS) is located, it’s on the ground floor of The Land building in Epcot. Same building as Soarin’ , The Garden Grill, and Living with the Land. The Land is an interesting building. You actually enter on the 2nd floor after going up a long ramp. You will have to leave any strollers outside the building. After you enter you can go down to the ground floor on stairs, escalator, or elevator. There is a lot of seating area at SS but it can get pretty crowded at meal times. This is the same location that used to house the Nestle Jr. Chef program. Sad to see it go!

We arrived a little after 3 and the place was pretty empty. One of the things we love about SS is that everyone can get their own thing.

However, don’t just plunge in and get your hot entrée and then follow up with your drink and dessert. Oh no, that just won’t do! As you may have already figured out from my previous posts, I like my hot food to be hot-not warm. So If you like your hot food hot, do what we do. First thing, get your beverage. If it’s a hot day, you probably are already thirsty so go ahead and get your drink. The sodas are refillable so I don’t see anything wrong with filling them up and drinking while getting your meal. Then refill it before you pay. Next go to the bakery counter and get your desserts. They have a great selection and are very friendly. When I returned after we ate to take a few more pictures, the CM at the counter insisted I take one with the Chef in it-I happily complied! If you are getting an ice cream novelty you’ll want to get it after you eat.

One of my DM’s and my favorite things at SS is the Rare Ahi Tuna Salad. So good and who would think you could get rare Ahi Tuna in a theme park? But wait, they no longer offer the salad? Why, why? Crisis averted, it’s okay-while they don’t offer the tuna on a green salad any longer they do offer it with a cold Asian noodle dish. Whew! That was close! My DM and I decided to share the Tograshi Seared Tuna Noodle Salad ($9.99) and DD got Sweet ‘n Sour Chicken with Garlic Udon Noodles (for both sides) $9.99 from the Asian counter.

wdw2011206.jpg

Tograshi Seared Tuna

wdw2011207.jpg

Sweet ‘n Sour Chicken with garlic Noodles

We got a Tiramisu ($3.59)and Key Lim Pie ($3.79) from the bakery.

wdw2011205.jpg

The rare tuna was good and we got a lot of it. 4 pretty large pieces. We thought the outside coating was spicier than it has been in the past. 2 of our pieces were outside slices so they had a lot of the peppery coating on them. We just scraped it off and it was fine. The noodles were good-cooked just right, not mushy and we liked the Asian dressing. The julienned veggies were very good too. DD said her chicken and noodles were also good. As I remember she ate most of it so it must have been good. Both desserts were delicious. Though if they reduce the size of the Key Lime Pie anymore they should consider getting smaller plates so it’s not so obvious!

WDW09085.jpg

Previous Key lime pie-see how it was almost as big as the plate before?

One of the best things about Sunshine Seasons is the large selection of desserts! Don’t go here expecting to get the regular Chocolate Cake or Cheesecake in a cup-oh no, that just won’t do here. They have a large selection of bakery products made fresh during the day. Here are a few photos of the bakery cases-Feel free to drool!

wdw2011238.jpg

wdw2011239.jpg

wdw2011237.jpg

wdw2011238.jpg

wdw2011241.jpg

wdw2011242.jpg

wdw2011240.jpg

wdw2011239.jpg

wdw2011201.jpg

wdw2011202.jpg

They have a full selection of ice cream novelties.

wdw2011243.jpg

Proud bakery Chef

wdw2011235.jpg

Case with kid’s meal items.

CS used 2, left , $35.00

WRITER’S STOP
DHS

We went to DHS for a few hours and one of the places I wanted to check out was the Writer’s Stop. I’ve read good things about it-basically it has a lot of the same things Starring Rolls has but it’s even less known than SR. It’s located not too far from Star Tours which was good since that’s where we were headed. Star Tours here at Disneyland typically has over a 1 to 1-1/2 wait and FP run out quickly. Tonight ST only had a 5 minute wait at DHS! Yeah! Anyway I digress, I was talking about The Writer’s Stop. We got there about 8 p.m. and the place was almost empty. First thing we noticed before we entered was that there’s a huge sign over next to it of ABC’s Castle. My DD loves Castle and has a big time crush on Richard Castle!

The inside is really cute. They even sell books! And there are quite a few comfortable wing-back chairs to rest in. We checked out the display case and they had many of the same goodies you find all over-muffins, pastries, Danish, cookies, cakes, fudge, etc. DD opted for a Glacier Slushie ($3.69) They have 4 flavors. Red, Blue, Yellow, Brown. Mocha, Mango. DD opted for Red & Blue. She declared it delicious!

1 SC used, 32 left

CONTEMPO CAFÉ

We decided to eat dinner at CC again since we had such a good meal there before. We arrived in time to watch the Grim Grinning Ghost Spooktacular from the parking lot. This may be my new favorite, or at least 2nd favorite, place to watch MK’s fireworks with the exception of in the park.

My DM and I decided to have the Mahi sandwich and their Hot Beef Sandwich. We would each get a ½. DD opted for the Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza. DD got the Triple Blast Popsicle, I got a Dos Leches Cupcake which looked really good, and I don’t remember what my DM got. We got 3 fountain sodas. We could have gotten bottled beverages but we still have some in our room fridge so we didn’t need any more.

The Mahi sandwich was just as good as earlier this week. Chips are so yummy! The Roast Beef Sandwich was good too. The meat was tender, the sauce was good, and the bread was a good roll. Beware-it’s messy. Use a knife and fork! DD loved her flatbread. She ate her popsicle and I took my cupcake back to the room for a snack.

3 CS used, 38 left, $50

some fantastic photos - the qsdp isn't for us but we have noticed how much better the cs meals get every year. They have changed completely from the garbage on offer during our first visit in 2003 to the current wide range of healthy offerings (although I confess we do like to visit Contempo Cafe for a burger and salad :goodvibes: )

Continental Combo ??? She said we could get ANY 3 Snack items and it would count as 1 CS

Oh....interesting...:thumbsup2. We are not big breakfast eaters and if we can do that then we can get a few things to eat on the go!! Is this in every QS place? We are staying at CBR...

I didn’t want to waste a SC on a beverage so I just got us some (free) water.

I agree with you on this one...we usually waste a SC on a frozen sweet drink...where will they give you free water? and do you need to provide a cup/water bottle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter