11 month availability - BWV

The DVC reservation site is now showing that the boardwalk view rooms will be open for reservations starting tomorrow for Nov 24, 2023 and after. Thus, the total block-out period is now set for Sep 9 through Nov 23, 2023.

Note that does not mean that the total actual refurb period for the boardwalk view rooms, or BWV rooms in general, will be only that 2 1/2 month period of time. An actual refurb of the entire resort usually takes close to a year. That block-out period is thus likely designed for some work planned for the outside of the rooms. The internal refurb will likely be done in the same type of pattern as prior BWV refurbs -- they start with half a floor, usually the fifth, and do rooms on both sides of hallway at the same time. When half a floor is finished, they start the other half, and after a floor is finished they move to the next floor.

Last edited:
Looks like the Boardwalk view villas are being released! Available for booking starting 12/24 (stays starting 11/24/23). Availability shows 11/24 available. Thats's the first day after the blackout that started on 9/9. Lots of folks participating in frenzy to get a reservation started on Christmas Eve 8 AM EST....
Shhh....🤫😁

If you are trying for a standard view, remember that all 2 bedroom villas are lock offs. You are competing with all of the members seeking studios.

My advice is to walk a standard view (and the Boardwalk view). IMO, there is no need to walk Pool & Garden View villas for January.
How about a BW or P/G for February or April? I just bought a BW contract so I do t have to stress about this and I’m already stressing booking our April 2024 vacation.

How about a BW or P/G for February or April? I just bought a BW contract so I do t have to stress about this and I’m already stressing booking our April 2024 vacation.

Depends on when in Feb you are going...President's day week can fill out fast...but, for P/G, right at all 11 months you should be fine. Same with April.

Depends on when in Feb you are going...President's day week can fill out fast...but, for P/G, right at all 11 months you should be fine. Same with April.
Still crossing my fingers that standard views will be available her i February.

Still crossing my fingers that standard views will be available her i February.
The 11 month window has now entered into February and still no availability. Time for a plan B. If you’re like me garden view is my plan B, but I’ll have to cut the length of my stay to accommodate the higher points.

The 11 month window has now entered into February and still no availability. Time for a plan B. If you’re like me garden view is my plan B, but I’ll have to cut the length of my stay to accommodate the higher points.
Maybe I’m being naive but I’m hoping that standard view will open during the 2nd half of February.

But im planning for Boardwalk view.

Maybe I’m being naive but I’m hoping that standard view will open during the 2nd half of February.

But im planning for Boardwalk view.
Good luck! I’m watching too. I stay Bwv all the time so it’s feels like home to me. It’s hard work getting standard, but worth it to me. I’m hoping availability comes back soon. Thinking of an early March trip.

Good luck! I’m watching too. I stay Bwv all the time so it’s feels like home to me. It’s hard work getting standard, but worth it to me. I’m hoping availability comes back soon. Thinking of an early March trip.

Thanks.
I just booked a BW view today and then I'm starting to walk it. If the std view will become available then i'm gonna swap otherwise I have my BW view.

Even though i'm international my daughters school is out during the week of president day, so i'm competing with everyone else (or most).

Btw getting the standard view, haven't been that difficult, as long as there has been an open date i'm been able to get my foot in.

We booked BW view for January, but I also put in a WL for STD view - one night longer, which is only 2 points more!

Although my booking date is aways away, I have been checking availability to get an idea of what I am up against. We go for 7 to 8 days May 1st , 2024 coming up for booking this spring, standard studio. I know...good luck with that !! Can some of you knowledgable and savvy veterans give me some booking advice?I have limited points so will have to borrow and know once I borrow those points cannot go back. Should I book a preferred view if that is all that is available and waitlist/stalk the website for a standard?I have looked throughout the year and there is very little if any availability for standard studios at the Boardwalk.

Although my booking date is aways away, I have been checking availability to get an idea of what I am up against. We go for 7 to 8 days May 1st , 2024 coming up for booking this spring, standard studio. I know...good luck with that !! Can some of you knowledgable and savvy veterans give me some booking advice?I have limited points so will have to borrow and know once I borrow those points cannot go back. Should I book a preferred view if that is all that is available and waitlist/stalk the website for a standard?I have looked throughout the year and there is very little if any availability for standard studios at the Boardwalk.
In the past May was not a very difficult time to book Boardwalk, but now that early May is the second cheapest points cost of the year, that might change.

Right now all of the standard view villas are blocked throughout January and as far into February as people are able to book. That is believed to be due to some exterior work that will be performed on the building, and we don’t know how far into the spring that will go. So it is possible that in June, when you are able to book for May 2024, the standard views will be available again.

If they are not available, and you decide to book preferred and wait list the standard, I would be careful how many points you borrow. Because, as you know, once borrowed they stay in the UY of that trip, and if the waitlist comes through and costs fewer points, you will want your current year points to be freed up so that you could bank them, assuming you would still be in your banking window. That might mean booking fewer nights preferred view than you wait list for your standard view.

Thank you CarolynFH. This is pretty much what I figure that I will have to do. I will only borrow up to the points I would need if the standard view came through.

Is work just happening on the inside of the Villas or on the outside too, where we would see scaffolding, etc., around the building and Boardwalk area.

Thank you.

Is work just happening on the inside of the Villas or on the outside too, where we would see scaffolding, etc., around the building and Boardwalk area.

Thank you.
The fact that ALL BW view villas were blocked from booking from sometime in September to sometime in November and now all Standard views are blocked from early January onward makes us think there will be exterior work going on in those areas during those dates, but we don’t know what. They’ve never blocked off entire view locations before. There will be interior refurbs going on as well but that schedule is a mystery. Hopefully while they’re working on the outside they’ll be working on the inside in the same area too.

We have owned BWV for about 10 years and to date have never had a problem booking whatever room we wanted at 11 months to the day. This year, I was concerned with the renovations going on, but was still able to get a 1BR in October.
Our 1st year, it was just about 7 months and that became a split stay.

To walk a reservation, do you have to call Member Services daily to change it moving forward or can you do it online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter