11 month availability - BWV

My best guess on that one is that it is likely a system problem, which, now and then (all too often actually), wipes out a future date past 11 months when days before and even after are still shown as open). The website seems to be showing something different than availability. It is not clear the 18th is open or closed -- it has a faded picture -- and the 19th is shown as white rather than the usual light blue for being closed out. Thus, you may want to contact MS about the issue.
Someone posted in a FB group earlier today that there appears to be a glitch with the system and their screenshots were for BWV.

Adding more detail... on the availability page, both STD view and P/G view are available on Oct 18 (11months plus1) and not available on Oct 19 (11 months plus 2). Must be taking some of both out of service after 10/18. Availability is not going to get better as we move forward into next Fall. They have not released the BW view into service yet. Maybe that will happen soon.

I just saw that too

I tried to walk a studio for next September, and I couldn't. Even weeks ahead of time, the first day was always gone, many days it was never available at all. I did eventually get the trip booked, one day at a time, with many days of stalking.
This was my experience as well. I was trying to walk a 2 bedroom standard view for September, and never could get the first day. I ended up getting the room a day at a time as it became available.

The entire first 2 weeks of October for all Boardwalk studio types are unavailable right now. Boardwalk view is gone for the first 3 weeks. Trying to get Beach Club via a rental service for first week of October and thought no problem I'll just pivot to BWV if that doesn't come through by the 9th or 10th month mark. Jokes on me I guess. Might finally be time to try the Swan if this doesn't work out.

When is the refurb scheduled to end? I'm trying to plan for 11 months out right now and my date was already gone at 8am Eastern.

Thank you. Two days in a row I'm on at 8am Eastern and the room disappeared right at 8. :-( So frustrating.

People are walking the remaining views.

Rooms don’t seem to be coming back which means it is people booking for trips they want.

So while there may be some walkers, I think we are also into the time of year where not enough rooms, especially given the refurb, for those wanting to stay.

As much as we hated to, we walked the last 2 years for our dates in October/Columbus day week. Weren't sure of our travel dates next year, so didn't book anything yet, and now not even sure we'll be able to get pool/garden views. Food wine/October so, so popular at BWV. Hope y'all can get the dates/rooms y'all are looking for. Refurb during that time will not make it any easier.

I think we got lucky. I know a lot of BWV is under refurb in October, but I was able to get a 1Br for the week we wanted. My wife was amazed.
For those who can't get what you want, I feel your pain as it has happened to us in the past.
Very happy we had pixie dust this time.

I'm slowly getting individual nights as other people give up nights from walking. I hope Member Services doesn't mind merging multiple nights once I get the nights I want.

I'm slowly getting individual nights as other people give up nights from walking. I hope Member Services doesn't mind merging multiple nights once I get the nights I want.
No, they don't mind. I've done that multiple times when picking up the nights I want for a trip.

I was debating between booking the week before thanksgiving 11/13 or the week after 11/27. Usually getting On right at 8 am at 11 months I can get a standard studio. Now I am thinking I better start earlier and try walking too. But I am already be too late for that. I really don’t relish the idea of booking and modifying each day….Good luck, I hope you are able to get the dates you want.

I find that after the walkers have moved on then dates to open up for all but the most in demand times, if only becomes an issue if you need a long stay then you could find there is a gap mid stay.

Are you all worried about a construction zone for next fall?
I usually book BWVs at 7 months, but next year traveling with my grandson, which I wanted to go with him, it is very kid friendly, but
thinking I'm sticking with GFVs because of all the construction. Also, I worry about Mickey's cousins running around in sight with all the upheaval
and construction.

I am just torn but thought I would ask here too.

Thank you.

Are you all worried about a construction zone for next fall?
I usually book BWVs at 7 months, but next year traveling with my grandson, which I wanted to go with him, it is very kid friendly, but
thinking I'm sticking with GFVs because of all the construction. Also, I worry about Mickey's cousins running around in sight with all the upheaval
and construction.

I am just torn but thought I would ask here too.

Thank you.
VGF is very close to the Poly construction which may be louder than the room reno at BWV - the VBR thread was not logging many complaints about their total reno

VGF is very close to the Poly construction which may be louder than the room reno at BWV - the VBR thread was not logging many complaints about their total reno
We just stayed at VGF on the side overlooked the Poly. There was only some construction noise. The Monorail was louder.

1670362163862.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter