• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 Month/7 Month Calculation for Reservation

Dano2007

Earning My Ears
Can someone please share how you calculate the 11 month and 7 month date for a reservation? I know it is from the date of check-out, but what does that mean exactly? Is there a calculator tool somewhere that will tell you the date to call for a reservation based upon your travel dates?

Click on the link below, the formula it uses to add or subtract from dates mirrors that used by DVC to calculate booking windows.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

To use it:

- For an 11 month date, put in the date you will be checking out in the section at the top labeled "Enter date to add or subtract from"

- Then in the section below (labeled "Add or subtract, a number of years, months and/or days", change the field on the left from "add" to "subtract" and put "11" in the month field.

- Then click the "calculate new date" button.

The date the site comes back with is the first day you can call member services for your reservation.

To do this for a seven month window, simply put "7" instead of "11" in the month field.

OR...you could go to www.caskbill.com and download Bill's superb FREE DVC Planner software. It will give you all of the points requirements, banking deadlines, 11 and 7 month windows, and a lot more. Essential tool for anyone who owns DVC.

Did I mention it's FREE?

OR...you could go to www.caskbill.com and download Bill's superb FREE DVC Planner software. It will give you all of the points requirements, banking deadlines, 11 and 7 month windows, and a lot more. Essential tool for anyone who owns DVC.

Did I mention it's FREE?

Thanks Jim,

Here's a sample image I did awhile back for another user who had a question about booking at the 7-month window. This shows a typical report showing day-by-day bookings.
7-MonthSample.jpg

The program accounts for Sundays and Holidays when MS is closed.

It has also recently been updated and covers AKV, and covers all use years through 2057. So if you're planning a vaction and don't have Disney's point chart yet (for example for 2009), you can use the build-in point chart in the program which calculates points based on Disney's dates, for any year.:thumbsup2

Click on the link below, the formula it uses to add or subtract from dates mirrors that used by DVC to calculate booking windows.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

To use it:

- For an 11 month date, put in the date you will be checking out in the section at the top labeled "Enter date to add or subtract from"

- Then in the section below (labeled "Add or subtract, a number of years, months and/or days", change the field on the left from "add" to "subtract" and put "11" in the month field.

- Then click the "calculate new date" button.

The date the site comes back with is the first day you can call member services for your reservation.

To do this for a seven month window, simply put "7" instead of "11" in the month field.

Thanks for this information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter