A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Week 2 of Getting Consistent
Monday, November 2, 2015 - Sunday, November 8, 2015
11.25 miles completed

Monday, November 2: lifting + 2.25-mile run

The little tiny cold that I have is still lingering. :mad: It's mostly just the occasional cough/nose blow, and my throat is super dry, but other than that I think it's gone. Just lingering.

Lifting was good (nothing exciting to write about, just picking stuff up and putting it back down). Run was good to - I'm starting to expect the first 5 minutes or so to be TERRIBLE if I run right after lifting, just until my legs adjust. Today I did my run with some 1-minute walk breaks. I'm trying to take less walk breaks - a few years back I'd take a walk break every 1-2 miles, but during my injury-laden 2014 I started taking them more like every 3-4 minutes. I don't think I've really NEEDED them that often lately, but they sort of became a comfort thing. So I may try to make this one run each week where I run right after lifting the only time where I take more frequent walk breaks. And besides not feeling like I NEED them as much, at some point I'm going to need to get a new Proof of Time to use for Disney races (the ones I have been using are about to become too old :(), and while some people say they can PR with more frequent walk breaks, that has NEVER worked for me, sadly. :confused3 Maybe I just haven't found the magic interval...who knows.

Anyway, this morning's run:

5-minute run @ 5.8MPH (10:20/mile pace) followed by 1-minute walk break
5-minute run @ 5.9MPH (10:10/mile pace) followed by 1-minute walk break
4-minute run @ 6.0MPH (10:00/mile pace) followed by 1-minute walk break
4-minute run @ 6.1MPH (9:50/mile pace) followed by 1-minute walk break
a few extra minutes increasing the speed until I got to 2.25 miles

Total time: 2.25 miles in 24:33, 10:55ish/mile pace. Next week this run goes up to 2.5 miles! :eek: Getting closer to GSC training!

When I first met with my trainer last month he told me that if I stuck with lifting, I'd find that I'd get faster without making any other changes, and I'm definitely finding that to be the cast recently. Yay! :banana:

Interesting sidenote: the marathon that I am signed up for in May has added a challenge option - I can get a bonus medal if I run the new 8K (~5-mile) race that is being held the day before the marathon. :scratchin I am NOT taking part in this challenge - while I love doing challenge at Disney, somehow it just seems like a giant pain in the butt to do one at home! Maybe some other year, but not the year I'm planning on doing my first non-Disney marathon.

(Random picture from the Disney Fantasy last month so this post isn't one giant text block...)
21668888324_bb16f9f1a5_z.jpg

Tuesday, November 3: 2.5-mile run (speed intervals)
It's speedwork Tuesday, y'all! Today was just like last week - alternating intervals of 5Kish pace (9:05/mile) and recovery. For my last speed interval I upped the speed a few times and was doing an 8:49 pace at one point. And by "at one point" I mean “for a few seconds”...yikes! I SO did not feel like doing this run, but once I got going it was okay. Total time for 2.5 miles (half speed intervals, half recover intervals) was 28:39, about 11:28/mile. Cold-wise I felt okay during this run, but once I was done my throat was on fire! Going to be chugging water today like crazy.

I finished the main part of my tasks on a really tough work project that has been stressing me out for weeks yesterday morning, so it was way nicer to come into work today without that hanging over my head. :teeth: Ahhhhh!

Random Disney Fantasy picture #2...
22291632895_ca380eccfa_z.jpg

Wednesday, November 4: lifting
Gooooooood morning. Another lift today, this time half with dumbbells and half with machines. The machines were a nice change of pace, but after today I have decided that the machine chest fly machine is the devil. :faint: I am practically at the lowest weight on that thing and feel like I can barely move it - woof!

Not a lot else going on, just slowly getting jealous of those that are leaving for Wine & Dine...I love that race (even though the two times I have run it have been somewhat disastrous!).

Oh...here's a sidenote. My running shoes are approaching 300 miles, so I need to start really paying attention to whether they feel shot or not (a pair of shoes should last 350-500 miles). I keep careful track of my shoe mileage, so I know exactly where I am. This pair of shoes has lasted me ALL YEAR - I started wearing this pair in early January, when I was breaking it in for WDW Marathon Weekend - I wore this pair for the 10K and marathon. Really goes to show how little I have been running in 2015 that it's lasted that long...:guilty:

Anyway, I got an email from Brooks Running that the new version of my shoes (the Adrenalines) were just released...which means last year's version is now discounted. So I'll probably be stocking up on a few pairs soon. :teeth: I have 2 unopened pairs in my closet ready to go, but as a runner...you can never have too many pairs of shoes lying around. Now I just need to decide which colors I want!

Last random Disney Fantasy picture :)
22103929448_beee6aa6ea_z.jpg

Thursday, November 5: 3-mile run (tempo)
Tough run today, but I am so proud of myself for getting it done. :)

Here is the workout that I did...I will probably use this same one, one time each week:

0.5 miles @ 5.8MPH (10:20/mile pace)
0.5 miles @ 6.0MPH (10:00/mile pace)
0.5 miles @ 6.2 MPH (9:40/mile pace)

I made it through the first half okay...it was challenging, but doing my best to avoid looking at the clock on the treadmill helped (I have to keep the mileage covered up, otherwise I will just stare at it the entire time and torture myself).

After that...

0.25 miles @ 6.3MPH (9:31/mile pace)
0.25 miles @ 6.2MPH (9:40/mile pace)
0.25 miles @ 6.1MPH (9:50/mile pace)

This stretch was HARD! I really had to talk myself through it! When doing a tempo run (which helps to improve speed and endurance), as I understand it, walk breaks are a no-no...and I REALLY wanted to take one during this portion of the run! Like I said, I was really talking to myself here. "Just a couple more minutes and you get to run a little slower...2 more minutes...2 more minutes..."

0.25 miles @ 6.0MPH (10:00/mile pace)
0.25 miles @ 5.9MPH (10:10/mile pace)
0.25 miles @ 5.8MPH (10:20/mile pace)

Partway through the 0.25-mile portion where I was back to 10:00/mile, I started to feel better and calm down a bit. :) After the workout was done (successfully without walk breaks, woohoo!) I felt pretty rough...a few minutes of walking and some water definitely helped!

Total time: 3 miles in 29:55, 9:59ish/mile pace

I was DRENCHED in sweat when this was done - and then, the worst feeling ever. I showered...and KEPT SWEATING. :scared: EUUUWWWW!!! But I gotta say, I feel pretty awesome about completing that workout this morning! Great start to my day.

Princess Half Marathon Trip: Small note here: I used the link that @SarahDisney posted for adding Magical Express to my reservation, and guess what arrived in the mail today: my yellow DME tags! I thought that was so funny - I have never gotten them this early before! I guess that link worked...thanks Sarah! :)

Friday, November 6: lifting + yoga
Woohoo, two weeks in a row of yoga! :banana: This must be some kind of record.

Last week during yoga I felt all wobbly and off-balance...today’s class ("warm yoga": the room was heated to about 85 degrees, ahhhhhh) was the total opposite. I felt powerful and rock solid. It was awesome!

Lifting (before yoga) was less awesome...not bad, just okay. :confused3 But at least I got it done.

And I got my awesome Disney-related mail today. So a good day overall!

22437935559_75771e9618_z.jpg

22830084125_4534bbff5d_z.jpg

Saturday, November 7: rest

Switching my days this weekend...just works better for my schedule. Much-needed haircut and grocery shopping today. And cleaning. Such excitement!

Oh, AND...I watched the Wine & Dine Half Marathon situation unfold over social media. So crazy!

Sunday, November 8: 3.5-mile run
Weather: mid-40s and sunny, light wind

Woohoo, another successful week in the books! :teeth: One week closer to Glass Slipper Challenge training.

Today I decided I wanted to negative-split my run (getting progressively faster each mile). After each mile I took a 1-minute walk break. And just like last week I had trouble holding back during the first mile, so that made the negative-split plan tough. I did okay until the last 0.5 miles, and then, admittedly, I gave up. Oh well, close enough!

Also, I think my stupid little cold is 99.999% gone. Go away!!

22851202006_8bea3b889b_z.jpg

Today's outfit:
22458822087_a3c04efee4_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
If you ever decide to get rid of those Starbucks ears, I could totally take them off your hands ... (not that I'd wear them, but they're adorable!)
And that Marathon Weekend Dooney pattern is amazing. Congrats on getting the "holy grail" bag - that's pretty awesome!

In terms of the shoes ... my recommendation is to get any color that you don't currently have and might possibly wear. (Yes, I'm a bit of an enabler sometimes)

I'm glad the link worked for you! I've never used it (just because I recommend things doesn't mean I'm willing to try them myself), but I guess now that I know it works, I may use it in the future.

Congrats on the second week of yoga. I knew it would get better if you kept going!!

If you ever decide to get rid of those Starbucks ears, I could totally take them off your hands ... (not that I'd wear them, but they're adorable!)
Haha, I'll keep that in mind! I actually sold another pair of Starbucks ears to fund these ones, so I should probably hold on to them for awhile. :)
And that Marathon Weekend Dooney pattern is amazing. Congrats on getting the "holy grail" bag - that's pretty awesome!
AHHHH THANKS! I'm still so excited about it! :upsidedow
In terms of the shoes ... my recommendation is to get any color that you don't currently have and might possibly wear. (Yes, I'm a bit of an enabler sometimes)
Yes...yes...this is a good recommendation. ::yes:: Although that would be like 3-4 pairs...I should probably narrow it down to more like 2. That would be the responsible thing to do...
I'm glad the link worked for you! I've never used it (just because I recommend things doesn't mean I'm willing to try them myself), but I guess now that I know it works, I may use it in the future.
Yeah, I was surprised that they showed up so quickly. I'll probably give Disney a call at some point just to confirm, but it seems to have worked. It would be REALLY nice if the DME information now showed up in the My Disney Experience (it doesn't).
Congrats on the second week of yoga. I knew it would get better if you kept going!!
Thanks! Hopefully I can keep up the trend. :)

Yay for updates! My first day back on the Dis since returning from the W&D trip. Just got back yesterday.

Love the new ears!! I saw someone at the parks with the Ariel ears with the dinglehopper on them. Super cute, but those Haunted Mansion ears are my favorites!!!!

And hooray on getting your Holy Grail D&B. Love it so much. I spent some time looking at Dooneys this trip, but didn't pull the trigger on any of them.

Way to go on keeping up with the yoga, girl.

Yay for updates! My first day back on the Dis since returning from the W&D trip. Just got back yesterday.
Yay! You're back!...I mean, not yay because leaving Disney is always sad, but I've missed you here on the DIS! :)

Looking forward to reading/hearing your thoughts on Wine & Dine...or the portion of it that you guys got to do.
Love the new ears!! I saw someone at the parks with the Ariel ears with the dinglehopper on them. Super cute, but those Haunted Mansion ears are my favorites!!!!
Did you see any of the runDisney ears around? I am so excited about them! I have another shipment due to arrive from BibbidiBobbidiBrooke sometime before Thanksgiving...eek!

I agree that the Haunted Mansion ears are pretty awesome! They are so detailed and just spot-on. :thumbsup2
And hooray on getting your Holy Grail D&B. Love it so much. I spent some time looking at Dooneys this trip, but didn't pull the trigger on any of them.
YAY THANKS!! I am still so excited about it! Zero buyers remorse. :)

Aren't there so many freaking Dooneys out right now?! It's crazy! I feel like they are coming out with new patterns at least once a month now. Apparently there are a bunch at some of the outlets in Orlando that are deeply discounted...
Way to go on keeping up with the yoga, girl.
Thanks friend. Namaste!

Yay! You're back!...I mean, not yay because leaving Disney is always sad, but I've missed you here on the DIS! :)

Looking forward to reading/hearing your thoughts on Wine & Dine...or the portion of it that you guys got to do.

I posted a message on the W&D thread. Debating on doing a trip report since the run (and my attitude during it) wasn't the best and so my pictures are lacking. :( You know, it was disappointing, but not much that could be done about it, so you move on. I had high hopes for this run and was so excited about it, so I think that made the disappointment worse. I'm still processing how I feel about the whole run thing and what we want to do about runDisney going forward. Fortunately, the rest of the trip was fabulous!!!

Did you see any of the runDisney ears around? I am so excited about them! I have another shipment due to arrive from BibbidiBobbidiBrooke sometime before Thanksgiving...eek!

I agree that the Haunted Mansion ears are pretty awesome! They are so detailed and just spot-on. :thumbsup2

I don't remember seeing any of the runDisney ears. :( Can't wait to see pictures of the new ears!!

YAY THANKS!! I am still so excited about it! Zero buyers remorse. :)

Aren't there so many freaking Dooneys out right now?! It's crazy! I feel like they are coming out with new patterns at least once a month now. Apparently there are a bunch at some of the outlets in Orlando that are deeply discounted...

I really was surprised by how many Dooneys they had. They even had quite a few of the haunted mansion pattern and I thought that one was supposed to be hard to find. I actually had one of the purses in hand and was thinking about buying it, but I have read some reports about the quality of them lately and so that contributed to my putting it back.

I posted a message on the W&D thread. Debating on doing a trip report since the run (and my attitude during it) wasn't the best and so my pictures are lacking. :( You know, it was disappointing, but not much that could be done about it, so you move on. I had high hopes for this run and was so excited about it, so I think that made the disappointment worse. I'm still processing how I feel about the whole run thing and what we want to do about runDisney going forward. Fortunately, the rest of the trip was fabulous!!!
I read that! I'm sorry you guys didn't have a good time during the race, that really stinks. I totally, totally get being disappointed about what happened. Glad the rest of the trip was good for you though.

"What we want to do about runDisney going forward"...I don't like the sound of that! :(
I don't remember seeing any of the runDisney ears. :( Can't wait to see pictures of the new ears!!
I hope they come soon! There are a couple of pairs that I was hoping to have for Disneyland next month. :)
I really was surprised by how many Dooneys they had. They even had quite a few of the haunted mansion pattern and I thought that one was supposed to be hard to find. I actually had one of the purses in hand and was thinking about buying it, but I have read some reports about the quality of them lately and so that contributed to my putting it back.
I THINK that the Haunted Mansion bags have been getting better lately. Originally they didn't have the leather corners, and when they didn't the pattern was chipping off. Adding the leather corners recently seems to have fixed that issue. I had one of the Disneyana bags (the pattern that has Spaceship Earth, Cinderella Castle, the Tree of Life, the Earfful Tower, etc.) and I kid you not, after 2 weeks of use the pattern began to chip off of the corners (no leather corners on that one). I was sooooo mad. And was well outside of the return window (I'd bought it and then hadn't used it for a few weeks). So the quality is definitely hit or miss lately, it seems. :( If I ever do buy another new pattern it would either have to have the leather corners or be one of the nylon bags, which seem a little more durable. But all that to say that the Haunted Mansion bag I do have, I used for a month and it still looks really good. So I am hopeful that it will continue to be in good shape. But there's a noticeable difference in quality/durability between the older and newer bags that I have.

"What we want to do about runDisney going forward"...I don't like the sound of that! :(

Well, like I said, we allowed ourselves to get pretty sour about the whole thing and that was stupid on our part. I do think maybe we need a break from doing the Disney runs/trips for a short time. Maybe we've just gotten a little jaded or something and a break might reinvigorate our love for Disney runs. We still have a tentative plan to go for Dopey in 2018 but I had figured to squeeze another race or two in between there. Now we are thinking maybe we just wait until 2018 and take the kids with us again. We'll see. Realistically, I'm not sure who I think I'm kidding and if I can really stay away that long. ;) #Disney.I.just.can't.quit.you

I think I might want to steal your workout with the increasing mph and decreasing mph this week for my "speedwork" day as opposed to my "run slower for a long time" days.

I also HATE the sweating post-shower. I've started trying to make myself wait as long as possible to cool down before showering, but sometimes that's just not possible.

I feel like I should be posting a random picture of the Disney Fantasy right about now, but I have never been on it.

If I run a year total but only put on less than 300 miles cause I've been running 2-4 miles at a time TOPS. Should I buy new shoes at my run-anniversary or wait until I really hit like 400-500 miles. The miles may started adding more as I start training for 10k and 10 milers etc next year?

And in conclusion...I like your pants.

Just wanted to say I discovered your Journal and am following along. Everything looks great so far keep it up!

Well, like I said, we allowed ourselves to get pretty sour about the whole thing and that was stupid on our part. I do think maybe we need a break from doing the Disney runs/trips for a short time. Maybe we've just gotten a little jaded or something and a break might reinvigorate our love for Disney runs. We still have a tentative plan to go for Dopey in 2018 but I had figured to squeeze another race or two in between there. Now we are thinking maybe we just wait until 2018 and take the kids with us again. We'll see. Realistically, I'm not sure who I think I'm kidding and if I can really stay away that long. ;) #Disney.I.just.can't.quit.you
I can understand needing a break from Disney every once in awhile. I am ready for a non-running trip, that's for sure.

Seriously...everyone and their brother is planning on Dopey in 2018. :eek:
I think I might want to steal your workout with the increasing mph and decreasing mph this week for my "speedwork" day as opposed to my "run slower for a long time" days.
Go for it! I stole it from someone else. ;) Just something to help break up the monotony of the treadmill.
I also HATE the sweating post-shower. I've started trying to make myself wait as long as possible to cool down before showering, but sometimes that's just not possible.
I try to do the same thing, but since I run before work I don't have a ton of time to wait. :headache: BOOOO
I feel like I should be posting a random picture of the Disney Fantasy right about now, but I have never been on it.
You should go on it some time! :) I'm sure I'll be posting lots of random Disney pictures in this thread, I don't like just posting giant text boxes (which is tough since I ramble on so much...)
If I run a year total but only put on less than 300 miles cause I've been running 2-4 miles at a time TOPS. Should I buy new shoes at my run-anniversary or wait until I really hit like 400-500 miles. The miles may started adding more as I start training for 10k and 10 milers etc next year?
For me, I go purely by the mileage. Once they hit 300-350 I start to really pay attention to how they feel and at the first sign of something not feeling quite right (normally it's a little bit of shin pain, which I never get ordinarily) they're done. I know other people will go longer than that but I don't want to risk being in pain/hurting myself to get a few more weeks out of my shoes. :confused3
And in conclusion...I like your pants.
THANKS! :teeth:
Just wanted to say I discovered your Journal and am following along. Everything looks great so far keep it up!
:wave: Hi Ryan! Thanks for following along!

Has anyone seen the Jack skellington dooney in person? I'm kinda tempted by it.

I so want run disney ears now too. And the new run disney ornament, but I feel like I should wait until I actually run tink, for whatever reason.

Has anyone seen the Jack skellington dooney in person? I'm kinda tempted by it.

I so want run disney ears now too. And the new run disney ornament, but I feel like I should wait until I actually run tink, for whatever reason.
Someone may or may not own the Jack Skellington Dooney...:eek: ;) (Like I said, I have issues.)

I need to see the runDisney ornament in person before I decide on it, but I have been wanting them to make ornaments for each of the races for years! So this is one step closer. :)

Week 3 of Getting Consistent
Monday, November 9, 2015 - Sunday, November 15, 2015
11.75 miles completed

Monday, November 9: lifting + 2.5-mile run (tempo)

Great start to the week! :)

As usual, I began my morning with lifting. Just like Friday, it was an okay lift, nothing great. I think I am finding that more with lifting as opposed to yoga and running - I can come away from a yoga class feeling like I really did well (i.e. Friday's class) and I can come away from a run feeling really awesome, but with lifting I just do it, and it's fine. :confused3 Which is...well...fine, since I think I am feeling the benefits of sticking to lifting elsewhere. :thumbsup2

After lifting was another treadmill run - today bumping it up 0.25 miles. I did a tempo-ish run similar to the one I did on Thursday of last week - originally I wanted to take the after-lifting run a little more easy, but I woke up too late to do a run at a relaxed pace this morning. I was surprised that this run really wasn't bad at all though, even better than Thursday's run. :yay: Woohoo for that!

Total time: 2.5 miles in 24:55, 9:59ish/mile pace.

I logged in to My Disney Experience today to see if my Magical Express info was listed (it is not, of course...would be nice if they added this feature to MDE) and saw that my trip countdown for Princess Half Marathon Weekend is at 100 days! AHHH!! That made me extra super anxious to get to the "real" training. :hyper: I know the running/lifting/yoga I am doing now is important, but I'm excited to start the "real" training plan, if that makes sense. Hopefully I will still be this excited when the weather starts to turn super crappy in January and February...:eek:

Tuesday, November 10: 2.5-mile run (speed intervals)

DOUBLE DIGITS PEOPLE!! 99 days until I arrive in WDW for Princess Half Marathon Weekend!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

10 bananas!

Today was another morning of speed intervals. We're having some work done on the house (the people who lived there before us put on an addition...but didn't connect said addition to the heating system the rest of the house uses. :confused: So no heat or air conditioning back there. :rolleyes2: We are finally getting that corrected!), so I got to bed late last night because the people doing the work (one of them is my awesome uncle! :blush:) stayed late. I really had to drag myself out of bed this morning, but once I got going on the treadmill, it was a pretty decent run. I'm tacking an extra 0.25 miles on to this Tuesday run next week...slowly but surely creeping the weekly mileage upward.

Total time: 2.5 miles in 28:45, 11:30/mile pace

Wednesday, November 11: lifting

Not a lot to say about today - I got up and lifted like I was supposed to. Yay! I also went to bed earlier last night so it was easier to get out of bed this morning. Little victories.

Today after work I was driving to Home Depot to buy some lightbulbs and got side-swiped! :eek: Which is really too strong of a term to use, because it was just the gentlest bump from another car (he was changing lanes as I drove by and didn't see me...harrumph). To his credit, the guy did pull into the lot I went into to assess the damage, which was a really small scratch on my car (no idea what happened to his car), small enough that it's barely visible and definitely not worth getting insurance involved. I'm not feeling any ill effects or anything, just a little bummed for my car (I love that thing). Whew! And bummed that I told my dad about the incident, because he has told me many times since then that I should have made the other guy pay to get it fixed. :confused3 I may be hearing about that one for awhile!

Thursday, November 12: 3-mile run

Wardrobe fail this morning. Today I ran in my new INKnBURN skirt for the first time...I mentioned earlier in the thread that I have had trouble in the past figuring out my size with them. This was another example of that - my skirt was too big! :(

So I really don't have much to say about the run, because all I remember about it was yanking the legs of my shorts back down on walk breaks (they were riding up like CRAZY - but no chub rub, so woohoo for that) and pulling the waist up...even the installed drawstring didn't help. :sad: Right away I ordered a new skirt in a smaller size - someone was selling theirs on the Facebook group, brand new without tags...so between the lower price and included shipping I saved about $15 compared to buying it new - and I really hope someone will buy my too-big skirt quickly! And that the smaller-sized skirt will work...

See, isn't it so colorful and fun though?? I hope the new one works out!

22423327054_7e36b77894_z.jpg

I do know that for this run I did intervals of running 5 minutes/walking 1 minute. Total time was 32:50 for 3 miles, 10:58ish/mile pace.

My wardrobe win for today - a super cute Mickey scarf, a gift from one of my BFFs!

23046082505_1e1606efee_z.jpg

Friday, November 13: lifting + yoga

Another day of training in the books! I really, really did not feel like lifting, but made myself do it anyway. I had to keep reminding myself that yes, lifting IS good for me. It IS helping me. Once I got past the squats and lunges, it was okay.

Yoga was okay too (and I actually went, so yay!). Two weeks ago I felt totally weak at yoga, last week I felt strong and bad@$$. Today was somewhere in the middle. Not weak but not crazy powerful. We worked on head stands, which was interesting! :eek:

Saturday, November 14: 3.75-mile run
Weather: low 40s, overcast and windy

First of all - wardrobe check! Dark denim tights, pullover and a Nike hat.

23032558112_7bac2121bc_z.jpg

Tough one today. I waited too long to get started (hoping it would magically get warmer out - and it did! By, like, 1-2 degrees) so partway through the run I got alarmingly hungry...not good! I also was hoping to negative split this run, but I started out a little too quickly...so while I did negative split miles 1-3, I was totally out of gas for the last 0.75 miles. :faint:

Mile 1: 10:11
Mile 2: 10:06
Mile 3: 9:58
0.75 miles: 7:34, 10:04/mile pace → not as bad as I thought!

Total time: 3.75 miles in 37:49, 10:05/mile pace

I was definitely zapped when this one was done. I really need to work on relaxing my pace on these longer runs...this ain't gonna work in a couple of weeks when these long runs start to increase by more than a quarter of a mile or whatever.

Sunday, November 15: rest

Alright! Two weeks until GSC training begins!

Today was grocery shopping and putting up the Christmas tree! I put on the WDW Main Street Christmas Loop while doing so. :teeth:

My "must-get" souvenir for any trip, Disney or otherwise, is some kind of Christmas ornament. So our tree is mostly filled with Disney stuff. And note how there is a very empty portion at the bottom of the tree...necessary when you have a curious little beagle that likes to chew on ornaments. :rolleyes:

I don't do tinsel or garland or anything...just the pre-lit fake tree and our ornaments. That's as creative as I get.
22423325604_6d129dbf9f_z.jpg

A few notable ones...this one was broken when I pulled it out of storage (the Mickey ear with Captain Mickey just broke right off into my hand). Not impressed since I just bought it in January! Super Glue helped.
23020065376_43d270dffa_z.jpg

From September's Disneyland Half Marathon weekend:
22653880429_ccd33d501d_z.jpg

From my first Princess Half Marathon, and first-ever runDisney race :lovestruc
22653875609_52f9c5a766_z.jpg

And from last year's Royal Family 5K. I'll probably doing something like this one for GSC, but with the Aril Ear Hat (I have a similar one from this year's Dopey Challenge, but it's on the Snow White hat):
23020064276_d6ede5b5e9_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

AHH!! DOUBLE DIGITS!!! I'm so excited for you!

In terms of lifting - I really know very little about the topic, but from what I understand, you're breaking down the muscle fibers, so that probably isn't supposed to feel great (as opposed to running, which gives you endorphins, or yoga, which loosens you up and relieves stress & tightness). So I'm not surprised that it never really feels like you did great ... as long as you're seeing the benefits, that's all that matters.

You're really doing a great job going out there and sticking to the plan every day even when you're tired/cold/etc. Great job being consistent!

PS - Your Christmas ornaments are awesome

AHH!! DOUBLE DIGITS!!! I'm so excited for you!
Squueeeee! Your trip is even sooner! :banana:
In terms of lifting - I really know very little about the topic, but from what I understand, you're breaking down the muscle fibers, so that probably isn't supposed to feel great (as opposed to running, which gives you endorphins, or yoga, which loosens you up and relieves stress & tightness). So I'm not surprised that it never really feels like you did great ... as long as you're seeing the benefits, that's all that matters.
I am sure you're right - maybe it's a good lift if I come out of it feeling spent. :confused3 Which sometimes happens...but yeah, totally seeing the benefits from it. I haven't thrown out my back and I think my running has gotten better, which were the big goals. :thumbsup2
You're really doing a great job going out there and sticking to the plan every day even when you're tired/cold/etc. Great job being consistent!
Thanks! :goodvibes I'm sure it'll get harder as the mileage goes up but for now the schedule seems to be okay.
PS - Your Christmas ornaments are awesome
Thanks! I love them...love the memories associated with them. I'll probably post more pictures this week (only the Disney ones, of course...since they are the best ones!).

I love your TRs so I was super excited to find this training report! We have the same exact countdown and I'm doing the 5K plus the GSC too!!! Whoo hoo! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yay for week 3 of getting consistent! I really need to get my butt back into gear (and to stop eating all of my kids' Halloween candy! hehe) I was following my training plan faithfully all Spring and Summer... up to my race that I was using as my POT. But now I've really been slacking the past month and a half. I did a long run yesterday and woke up this morning extremely sore. Yikes! I'm hoping that following along with your training will help me get some of my motivation back. :thumbsup2

I love your TRs so I was super excited to find this training report! We have the same exact countdown and I'm doing the 5K plus the GSC too!!! Whoo hoo! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Yay, thanks! Glad you're here. And WOOHOO for the 5K + GSC!! :yay:
Yay for week 3 of getting consistent! I really need to get my butt back into gear (and to stop eating all of my kids' Halloween candy! hehe) I was following my training plan faithfully all Spring and Summer... up to my race that I was using as my POT. But now I've really been slacking the past month and a half. I did a long run yesterday and woke up this morning extremely sore. Yikes! I'm hoping that following along with your training will help me get some of my motivation back. :thumbsup2
See...Halloween candy wasn't an issue for me. But the Christmas cookies are starting! Ekk!

I'm sure your runs will get better as you get back into the groove. And I'll be honest, most of the reason I post these training threads is because if I feel like I need to "report in," it makes me more likely to stick to my schedule. :) So maybe it'll help both of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter