11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

Barb~ I think I posted this before, but DVC is very slow getting docs out. Our docs came 10 days before on our last 2 cruises, which made me a bit nuts... I was really surprised when we got ours so early this time around.

Don't take the delay as being a bad "omen". It's really very normal for them based on my experience.

~ Linda :boat:

ok -I'll settle down till next Thurs but you guys will know when we do get them

And its after 310 on Thurs afternoon - so we now have

LESS THAN 3WKS!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

please please please keep the Norwalk off the Magic for the next 4wks - did you guys read that 120 people have been reported on Carnival for having Norwalk?

My DS, 12 - who will be turning 13 three days off the ship - is positive that he wants to go to the lab...not "The stack"....and that's fine by me, as he's definitely more 12 than 13. If there's computer and video games there...that is probably where he'll end up, although he's also looking forward to some arcade, movies, etc. as well.

It would be great if they had a 12-14 group...He'd be happiest there. Right now he feels kind of inbetween - but safer with the younger group. I think there's been some difficult moments adjusting to the older kids in school.

As this is our first cruise, we are going to play it completely by ear. He may end up hating the lab, and hang out with us - or he may end up loving the lab - or he may end up deciding he fits in more with the 13 yos...or I may tell him he has to stay with us more coz we aren't seeing enough of him! :)

We have a DS 11. Our plan is to let him go to the lab the first day or two. Even if he hates it (not likely) he will have a chance to meet some other guys his age that he can hang out with. I don't want him running around the ship alone, but if he is with 2-3 others, I'll feel better about it.

Still no docs here. :(

MK:wave2:

tesabat,

They used to have an hour or so every day where the 10-12 group would go to common grounds. They had Playstation games there as well as music and videos. I don't know if they will now have a chance to go to the new teen club or what the new club will have to offer with the modifications made during dry dock. If they do get to go there it may give your son a chance to see what place he likes best.

John:D

Tesabat~

If they don't get into the Stack & your son doesn't like the lab, they can play Bball & Ping Pong together!

If they do get to go there it may give your son a chance to see what place he likes best.

John - that sounds great...I hope they still do that.

If they don't get into the Stack & your son doesn't like the lab, they can play Bball & Ping Pong together!

Good idea Linda - "Tweeners" unite! :)

Tracy

Happy Anniversary Bev & Bob
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

any DISers up for a DISmeet at the Radisson about dinner time on that Fri? Dave mentioned pizza - dont remember if he meant at the pool or not or with just his family or not
Andy says the Radisson has tables set up at the pool area so it would be fine with them to bring back pizza/salads/etc

Happy Anniversary Bev & Bob! Enjoy! :wave:

Barb~ We are getting into MCO about 6:30PM. We are going to eat before we get there, as we will be starving. We are going to stop & get snacks & beverages for the cruise at Publix before we check in, so I doubt we will be at the Radisson before 8:30, or 9PM. We do plan to hang at the Pool for a little while that evening, it's very nice there- so maybe we'll see you guys. The girls want to go to Ron Jons too, but I think we'll do that in the morning before we leave for the Port.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, 16 years and going strong.

Happy Anniversary also to Barb and Dave. I think they are at 22 or 23 today.

Well, we are officially at less than three weeks (we leave at noon on Thursday). Just got luggage back from repair shop, so it is time to start thinking about packing.

Have a great weekend everyone.

P.S. If anyone wants green mickey heads, let me know.

Beverly

DH told me that docs came today. He put them up so the kids woudn't get in them, so I haven't looked at them yet.

He did tell me that we didn't get an upgrade. Maybe next time!

MK

Happy Anniversary Barb and Dave!!!

We have started receiving all the iternary and times for our wedding. Now it is really feeling close. Of course when I think about it. This weekend is Biketoberfest here. And by the time we unwind from that which takes two weeks. We only have one week left.

Hope everyone has a fun and relaxing weekend.
:groom: :bride: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Happy Anniversary!!

Just sent out another update.

Pizza and the appropriate beverage is best enjoyed with as many friends as possible. The more the merrier at the Radisson. I'll be the short pudgy one (failed miserably at my feeble diet attempt and have thrown in the towel) pool side with a MGD in his hand, an obnoxious Hawian print polyester shirt , and either Mickey ears or a white floopy hat ; or yeah, and 4 extemely excited kids splashing about.

Going to send out a list with all the birthdays , anniversaries, and other special occasions next week. Got a bunch. If you haven't sent me your info yet now is the time (dwbarc@aol.com)

Started making stuff transfer trips to the new house. Did you know that you can fit 27 packed boxes in the back of a minnvan, plus 3 skateboards, 1 large stuffed animal bear, a dvd player, and 3 rolls of toilet paper? Only 243 more trips to go.

ttfn
david

Hey guys, I know I mention this before and I got no response so I didn't pursue it But I was reading the Live From the 10/11 Cruise and they just did the Key West Scavenger Hunt and were raving about it. They had over 50 people participate and even had T-shirts made for the event with the words Key West ScavengEAR hunt. It really peak my interest so I called to get the details. We miss the general public hunt on Sunday (its at noon) but they plan private hunts as well (that is what the group from 10/11 did). They will customize the hunt to our wishes i.e. less walking, more kid friendly and start time. Figuring they just made one for the 10/11 DISers they probably have a great idea of what would work for us. (Plus its a great chance to wear those T-shirts again.) Figure we could do the hunt and be done with plenty of time for the sunset. Below is the info they sent me. The cost would be $20 per person and kids 10 and under are free, but we need at least 10 paying participates.

Thank you for your interest in The "Award Winning" Southernmost Scavenger Hunt, recently voted one of the TOP TEN things to do in Key West!

The Classic hunt is a daytime adventure around the major sights, landmarks, and famous locations of Key West. The hunt begins at 12 noon and lasts three hours.
During the Scavenger Hunt, points will be earned for each correctly solved clue at each location and at the final exciting awards ceremony, prizes will be awarded to the top teams.*

Sites?
Southermost Point, Hemmingways House, Shipwreck, Cigar Place, Shrimp Dock and off the wall places you might not normally have known about. The normal Key West sites plus some interesting wacky ones, too. Learn about interesting facts and trivia of these landmarks and sites.

*Hunting for objects?
In addition to searching for the sites and answering the clues (all for points are counted at the end for prizes), there is an object named "PINKY". He is their mascot and if you find him, he is worth an extra 50 points. People in Key West know of Pinky the Flamingo. He's famous. As our award winning scavenger hunt is, too.

With the hunt you will also receive our exclusive Southernmost Scavenger Hunt map featuring 2 for 1-drink coupons and discounts that can be used at participating bars at any time during your Key West trip (A value of over $60).

* If you have a group of at least 10 people we can also set up a private and customized version of this hunt. This is perfect for Wedding groups, Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, friends, and Corporate groups. Please call us at 305-292-9994 for more details and additional customizable pricing details. With this option, you may also choose any day, time, and location to best suit your needs.

My sister and her family (DH, DD8, DD6) are in along with my family (DH, DD9, DD5). That makes 4 paying participates we would need 6 more to get to the minimum players needed. If interested please email me at:
sandlabel@cs.com

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Count the Barczak's in on the scavanger hunt. Me, DW, MIL DD (13), (DS10). Gonna try and leave the 2 little ones on the boat. If we can't they'll be with us also (DS 5 & 4). Thats 4 more paying folks. Only need 2 more.

Still have some T-shirts left in both adult and kids sizes. Lots of kids sizes still available. If you email me your address I'll get them in the mail asap. Mailed out over 20 of em this morning. Very low on the lime green adult sizes. If you want em let me know soon so if I have to re-order I will have time.

Made 3 more trips to the new house so far today. Keep taking stuff out but the old house still looks full. Ugh!!

ttfn
david

just realized that 3 Magic cruises after ours are seeing their docs - 11/15, 11/22 and 11/29
so where oh where are ours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter