• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11-29-08 Nana Heads 3: Tiara Bob & The Dreamboats reunion Cruise CONTINUED THREAD #5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Nanas Happy Friday :yay:

Watching the Olympics tonight :happytv:

I was just thinking about the cocktails we'll be making (what else would I be doing?) and do you think it's possible we could blow all the fuses on our side of the ship if we turn them on at the same time?

And what time is acceptable for us to begin blending? And what I should bring to wear while blending? How many drinks can we get out of one blender? Will we be making the same drink or sharing different ones? What if there isn't enough of one to go around? Will we fight? What should we bring to wear to fight over the cocktails?

I LOVE your thinking Kim:banana: Hope you are doing well:)

I would also love a tank shirt instead of a tee. Still need ressie for radisson, airfare and transportation, looks like we are way behind on plans:confused3
Shell I love your packing list - suits and coverups:thumbsup2

Busy weekend lots of parties, gotta start working.

Have a great friday everyone:woohoo:

Hi You!
Hi Her!
Hi Meme!
Hi Bob
Hi Bobby

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. We're at Disneyland!!!!! Arrived at our room at the Grand Californian last night around midnight. Kids only slept until 5 due to the time change and the fact that they both slept a decent amount on the plane last night. I could have slept another hour or so.

This morning we have breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen at 8 so once everyone gets ready, we're on our way. Then we have hopper passes for the next 2 days so we'll be hitting the parks a lot. The Grand Californian is nice - but it really doesn't compare to the Grand Floridian. I think it's more like the Wilderness Lodge but with rooms the size of the Yacht Club.

We managed to only have one extra bag (5) than the airline allowed but 2 of our bags are really pushing the 50 lb limit. WE had a great skycap who just walked everything through and probably saved us having to move things into anohter bag. WE brought along a collapsible one packed in case we have to on the way home because it's MUCH cheaper to check another bag (25 bucks) vs. being over 50 lbs. -- they just raised the rate for that to 100 bucks. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we are ready for a rip roaring vacation but MIna mentioned last night how much we are going to miss you all on the cruise. See, she doesn't post much but she loves you!

Have a great day!

Morning Nanas,
Today is a day off for me and I have not much planned for a change!!! Austin will be going to a movie with friends and I plan on reading the TWilight series I bought yesterday, its raining here so it will be a perfect reading day.

I'll check in later!

Finished the series last night...loved it......anyone have any good series book suggestions?? I like love stories mostly or adventures....

Cruise question...because I can't remember.....does the cruise have to paid in full before you can start booking excursions?? The 2 window dates are different.

does the cruise have to paid in full before you can start booking excursions??
Yes! Even though you're allowed to book prior to your payment in full date, you can't unless you're completely paid up.

Good Morning!

Great to hear from you Jeff! We ate at Goofy's Kitchen last time we were there. All of us still say that it was the best breakfast we have EVER had! I particularly liked the omelets--I don't know what they did but they were fabulous!

I've actually have most of the work done for the day. So, I'll go play with Elizabeth for a while. They leave for Florida tomorrow.

I don't remember much talk about what everyone is doing in Cozumel. I remember Christine the Fury Sail thing. I think Greg is doing Chankanaab. Some one said they had rented a jeep before and drove around the island, and really enjoyed that.

On the phone with all seas travel,

Just paid the final payment...

:woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :yay:

Morning nanaheads,

cool and cloudy today.

I am asking for prayers for a strangers from all of you this morning.
we have a diesel repair shop just past the end of our drive way at this park.
early this morning we were sitting here having coffee and heard a loud explosion.
we looked out the window just in time to see huge flames around diesel trucks and a man completely engulfed in fire.
greg drove fast to help as I called 911. A terrified kid also ran from there to get help at the office.
Greg and 2 other men took off their shirts to put the fire out on this poor man.

we live out in the country so help takes 15 minutes to arrive here.

Poor man sat by burning tires by gas cans so they had to carry him away from there too. They called me for a blanket to put him on, he had no clothing left.
ER said not to cover him but let him have water. he had no lips left to drink with so they put water on the corner of the blanket to let him suck on fo rmoisture..
He was awake the entire time in terrible pain.

anyway I am asking for prayers for this poor man and his family today.
He was welding and something went wrong.
sorry to be so down this morning but his was very traumatc for everyone.

Greg was pretty shook up too when he came back to get clothes so he could go to work. but he did what he could to comfort and help this man.

On a lighter note I have given our info to a nice lady named Kathy on cruise critic and hopefully she will stop by and join our group here.

I have warned her not to be scared off by everyone:lmao:

so be nice people!! Especially Mutt, although he hasnt been around lately:confused3

got to go to the 09 and see whats happening there. I need a pick me up this morning. I need to find some jokes to post;)
kathy

Dang Kathy how horrible. Bless Greg for running so swiftly to help. Sending lots of pixie dust to this mans family

Kathy, that's terrible!! :scared1: :scared1:

I can't even imagine how tramatic that would be for not only the victim, but you and Greg and the other people who responded! :eek:

We'll pray for the stranger and for you and Greg and the others who helped! :thumbsup2

Sending thoughts out to Hammer and the gentleman in the accident. Wow, that's just an incredible story ...

Morning Nana's!! :banana: :banana:

I'm headed into town to buy a new toilet for one of our bathrooms!!

I think Holly must of tried to flush a hand towel or toy or something down it and its clogged!!! (at least I'm hoping that's what it is!) :scared:

Since I've got to unbolt it and pull it off the floor anyway I figured I'd just replace it with a new one like we bought for our hallway bathroom that Brayden flooded back in February. (Its a Category 5 flush Kohler and I love it) :love:

Jeff, have fun on your vacation.....you are the new vacation king!! :worship: :worship:

Anyone that can do WDW, Disneyland, DCL Mexican Riv. and DCL Western with the Nana's and Bethany Beach all in the same year far exceedes anything we do!! :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1 Somehow, someway, it seems like this thread may have come to a new low with the details of Greg's preferences in plumbing fixtures ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter