• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/27/04 the sequel.....

Hi everyone. We're going to have a great time on the Wonder aren't we?

NOT .... but DCL sent me the brochure for the Wonder instead of the Magic with my documents. I was on page 25 before I realized it ... I even missed the references to Triton's - it just didn't click. Other than that I think the first 25 pages were pretty generic. But it scared me when I looked at the cover and saw "Wonder". I had to quick check my tickets to be sure I was in the right ship!!!!

Denise - I rebooked while on last year's cruise and never transferred it to a TA. No one could give me a better deal or any perks. I guess that's why I got my docs early - they didn't have to go to the TA first.

Diane

Yea Curt...you're gonna be easy to pick out...you don't need no lime green mickeys!! Just look for the gaggle!!!

I had a long post all typed out ready to submit... and Powie!! the power went out.

So here is the condensed version.

We are early port arrivers too. So we will be on the lookout for Curt, Kim and other early birds. Kim, last year we got there a little before 10am, and that is TOO early. Without the terminal gates open, they send you to the parking lot accross the street, and you loose any advantage. 10:15 looks about right.

If you have multiple groups together, one group can get in the boarding line while the others check in, and then switch places. The front part of the line is a typical Disney maze, and everyone is pretty good about people getting in and out of line, as long as your group's spot is claimed by handcarries and one or two people. In the meantime, everyone can get a chance to explore the terminal, while those in line chat with their travelling neighbors.

See ya in 5 weeks. Right now its 7:50EDT You late diners are just getting ready to go to your first dinner, while us early birds are about to see our first show! Actually thats not quite right...we have a time change coming up next weekend. O'Well, at least we will be on the ship doing something 5 weeks from right now!!

Well, I'm gone for one day viewing the fall colors on the Blue Ridge Parkway with Dh and..bam! Another page filled up from all you lovely cruisers! :p I absolutely cannot believe that I wasn't the FIRST one to get my cruise documents...but I'm glad to hear that someone did...really. ;)

I will have lime green Mickeys on all luggage including day bag/carryon and the red bag I carry in the parks. I'll also have one in my Passporter pouch 'round my neck. Still haven't decided what to wear on embarkation or I'd post that too...:smooth: Trust me...if you don't see my Mickeys, you'll hear my "crew"!! We are pretty silly all together! We'll be leaving the Orlando area ~9:30am and hope to make it to the terminal by 10:45am. I'm hoping the "kids" get some homework done in the terminal, but they'll probably be so excited that they won't even think to do it! My "newest" BIL emailed me today (he married my younger sis in June) and said that he's fasting for the cruise since he'll probably gain too much weight! That made me smile. :) It's nice to hear that the cruise is becoming more "real" for the family...five more weeks!! WOW! I never really thought we'd ever get this close!

Prayers please for my brother (Todd) who will be having knee surgery on Tuesday, October 26th...he's still planning on the cruise, though...I mean, how stressful can a cool drink and a padded lounger be? ;)

*backfloats to the TV to watch the DCL cruise DVD one more time*
:p IVY :p

Ivy - sending best wishes for your brother Todd's knee surgery. I think you're right - as long as he can hobble on to the ship he can find a nice lounge chair and never have to move (except maybe for dinner). Sounds like some of your family is getting excited about the trip.

We'll be arriving at the port at about 10:15 also. We also go stuck in the parking lot last year because I was so anxious that we got there at 8 ... just kidding, but if I thought I could get in line that early I'd be there.

Wendy - love the story about your girls. When we traveled to Russia to adopt Matt we were with another couple that adopted 2 children - 8 months and 10 months at the time. Shortly after they got home she got pregnant. It's wonderful.

Less than 5 weeks ... can you believe it? I need to start packing. My list is done and I bought almost everything I need - just have to open the suitcase. Oh - and find those snorkel masks. Where could they be?

Diane

Okay, I feel so slow that I haven't started packing yet - I downloaded a list and am going to check through it today - at least w/ the weather getting cooler here, I can start to plan out outfits with shorts for that warm Carribean weather - YEA!

I can't wait to see everyone with their Mickeys - I will have to go to Home Depot and get some -

Does anyone else scrapbook other than me? I am going to AC Moore and Hobby Lobby today to get some more supplies to have things ready for the cruise album!!

Making my tea ladies - can't wait to share a cup with you!

Wendyleigh

Diane - we found snorkling equipment at Outdoor World. I think they carry them all year round.

We will be early birds at the port as well. We are on the first shuttle from the Radisson that morning:tongue:

YIPEEEEEE!

Jennifer:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate:

WendyLeigh - I was in AC Moore - Saturday afternoon - stickers were 40%off - they had a good selection od Disney stuff. Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays but alot of times they have scrapbooking stuff on sale. I recently started to scrapbook and having a great time putting together a football one for my son (his first season) and I am making one for all the coaches. I have my stuff all over the place. Micheals also have a pretty good selection but I think they are alittle more expensive than the others. Hobby Lobby has become my favorite place to be and I had to start paying cash so that DH didn't know the exact amount I was spending in there or he would have a stroke. (lol) I have read on the cruise board that if you want the DCL scrapbook paper to get it early in the week because it sells out. I probably will get mine the first day or so. Four weeks from now I will be wandering around Magic Kingdom - I can't wait!

IVY sending lotsa :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for your brother!
We will attempt to arrive at port early as well. On the 09-19 Wonder we got there at 1015 am and there were already a lot of people in the lobby, but NO one was in line! LOL So we were the first ones in line :teeth: Of course we had no kids with us, so sitting down reading a book for an hour was OK...I dont think the hoodlums will allow it this time around....
Wendyleigh dont feel bad about packing, I havent even begun to think about it yet. We still have over a month to go! I havent even decided for sure what dat we are going to leave, nor what hotel we are going to stay at pre cruise.
I wish I had the spare time to scrap book, but alas I do not. It is a catch 22 however, because if I ever got enough soare time to scrapbook, that would mean I did not have a job, and hence I could not afford the supplies! LOL You gals arent kidding when you say they are expensive. I picked up some 3d stickers to make our door sign, and they were like 4.99 a sheet (Disney) that had like 6 stickers on it:earseek:

As far as the lime green mickeys go, I will be wearing one, but believe it or not I am a bit shy in the real world. Although I was not on my past cruise, go figure ? Anyways, I am not sure if I will approach anyone because I am shy. I am working on my courage though! LOL But if anyone sees us, and I dont approach I would love it if you said hi! Did I ever post a link to my pics from my 0919 cruise? If not here is one, it is just a few pics as it takes to darn long to upload..
http://photobucket.com/albums/v295/dzneprincess/

Well, the plan is to keep the gaggle busy wandering about the terminal while one of us stands in line. But you are right, we'll still be easy to pick out--we'll be the ones with children running up asking for food or the adult not in line asking for relief or medication!

--Curt

Ivy - sending best wishes for your brother Todd.

High Tea ladies:

Me - traceycooper
Wendyleigh - bodickmagic
april riddle
Kim bremner
Curts's DW - Steph
dzneprincess
Jennifer Coghlan
dtuleya
Tama

Curts Thanks again you can be the nominated high tea
co-ordinator!!! If there are no objections can you book it for Sunday 28th November at 3.00pm.
I presume you tell them how many its for, when do we pay though??

Well its now less than 3 weeks till we fly out - to be exact 2 weeks & 5 days, that sounds better!
dzneprincess - loved your pictures & its nice to see the face of the person whos been so kind. I am attempting to make green mickey heads & they will be on our hand luggage, i'm not very arty though so dont laugh at my attempt when you see them!!!
:wave2:

Hi Amanda - saw your great pictures and I can say that I am not shy so if I see you I will introduce myself. It is nice to put faces to names. I will be the one keeping track of my two - and looking at DH thinking why are you just standing there? At least no-one is in diapers anymore. We plan to be there by 10.30 or so. Sounds like alot of us will be there when the gate opens. It can't come soon enough for me.

I can't believe we're only a few weeks away! Usually I've got the entire loose schedule so buttoned down by now. Oh, well -- still time enough before we leave.

We'll be arriving at the terminal early, too. Probably 10:15-ish.

Have the alternative reservation times in hand for Palo, (3 different options, depending on our dining rotation -- can never be too prepared!)

High tea sounds great -- however, Mom and I will probably try to get away on our own. I live quite a distance form my folks, so this holiday is a chance to buy some time together.

We will stop by the meet and greet -- still have our lime green badges from last year. And David still insists on keeping our special WD names badges on our luggage, so they'll be easy to spot, too.

Will be watching intently for the documents -- it always makes the holiday so real when they arrive. Usually we've gotten ours a little earlier than this -- probably to allow for the international shipping -- so I've already been counting the days. Now I'll be even mmore obsessive.
;)

Now, often to figure out PS's for the after cruise land portion . . . see you all soon.

Curt,
I wasn't reading closely when I offered to book the tea to see that you were already doing so, sorry. Thank you so much!! Will they let you book for so many and how will we pay?
Kim

No, no, no. I actually had originally left it open depending upon which one of us arrived first. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how we would communicate with each other. My thought is that whoever gets to the Palo desk first can book the tea--that way you are sure to get the day you want. I can just ask if tea is booked under Kim Bremner and, if not, go ahead and book it. Sound like a plan?

...sorry, I was interrupted. So, there is no need to apologize. My only concern is double booking. If you think it makes more sense, I'll plan to book it.

--Curt

Curt
Why don't you just go ahead and book it, it might get too confusing if too many of us try to do so. It sounds like we're all arriving about the same time so maybe we'll see each other before we get on the ship and can touch base then.

Izzinmac
You suggested one of us get in line at port while the other returns the rental car and takes the shuttle back. What happens if i get to the counter and DH still isn't there? Am I able to check us all in? I would think he would need to be there to show his own proof of citizenship etc. When we've cruised RCCL and Princess in the past we waited in one line to check in and then another to board. I'm afraid I'll loose him.

I am getting so excited and driving DH nuts. We had a sitter last night and went to dinner and he said, "let me guess just what you want to talk about..." He said today when I was reading some of this he was glad I had you all to talk to. This is our 1st cruise with our son and i just can't wait to get him on that ship. Wraped up his gift from Mickey today to be waiting in the cabin, beach toys, disney figurines, candy for the movies etc. Can you sign them up for the kids club at any time or must you do this the first day. I really just want to worry about Palo reservations that 1st day. I'm probably not going to let him go to the clubs right away anyway because he will probably love them and I want to spend a lot of time with him, that's why we're leaving his 18month old brother at home, to spend some one on one time with him. I could go on all night....
Kim

That sounds fine, Kim. You're right, we'll probably end up with two or three ressies if we all try. It might not be a bad idea, though, to look at an alternative day in the event that Sunday is booked. We're getting pretty excited. Steph, who has been pretty neutral up until this time, is starting to plan the packing (no, we haven't even taken out suitcases yet--though we have a packing list). Just another month!

--Curt

High Tea ladies:

Me - traceycooper
Wendyleigh - bodickmagic
april riddle
Kim bremner
Curts's DW - Steph
dzneprincess
Jennifer Coghlan
dtuleya
Tama

Curts - i agree we should have a second day lined up, although i think with you getting to the port in good time it wont be a problem. Is Monday at 3.00pm ok with everyone for the 2nd choice, thats another sea day. Curt if you have to pay or charge it to your room perhaps we can all make sure we have got the right money to pay you back at the meet on sailaway day, what do you think??
We got the suitcases out of the loft last night i i was all excited all over again, not started to fill them yet though!
3 WEEKS TODAY WE WILL BE AT DISCOVERY COVE YIPEEE:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter