• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/27/04 the sequel.....

We are all early seating. My mom andI are going to do the Paradise Point Tramway I think with disney ? 6 weeks 5 days !!!!!!!!

Hey what are we doing way down the list!!!
Where has everyone gone???
Am i the only person with no life & nothing better to do with my time!!!
Well i came on the computer to do some college work at 1200 & 3 hours later i'm still on the Dis!!!
Please send some prayers for my DD Leanne, she had to go to the emergency room last night with severe pains in her right side, doc says she has a water infection, but this can also be a sign of appendicitus (sorry proberbly spelt wrong), she seeems better today so were hoping its just the water infection, otherwise she will have to have an operation & that frightens the life out of me!

traceycooper: we'll keep Leanne in our prayers that everything goes well and that it is nothing serious. Keep us advised of how things are going.

--Curt

Hi Tracey, hope your DD is feeling better - and know that your aren't alone - I spend entirely way too much time on the DIS boards. I can justify it though by thinking that the more time I spend reading - the better I am prepared for our trip. A girl guide from way back! (girl scouts in the US).

april riddle: I can appreciate your comments. My scouting experience taught me to make lists for everything. While my DW calls me "obsessed", I prefer to think I'm simply "programmed". Speaking of which, I've been going over my packing list and realized that I haven't the slightest idea how much to pack for cooler weather. Any thoughts (from anyone who has cruised in November/December) on whether we will need sweatshirts or jackets once we're away from Florida?

Hi all
My son Chase (age 4) woke me at 1:50am last night trying to get into our bed (he does this once in a while) He usually goes right back to sleep but last night had a fit so then i couldn't go back to sleep so guess what i did - read these boards for an hour or more!!

Tracey - I too will pray for your daughter!! It's so tough for us parents when our kids are hurting in any way!

I made my door magnet last night int the shape of a Mickey head, still working on our name tags to attack to hats or clothes or bags...

Kim

Originally posted by CurtS
I've been going over my packing list and realized that I haven't the slightest idea how much to pack for cooler weather. Any thoughts (from anyone who has cruised in November/December) on whether we will need sweatshirts or jackets once we're away from Florida?

I can give you the Florida Chamber of Commerce answer that the weather is usually "ideal" during late November early December in Florida. However, it is possible for a "Cold front" to come through and lower the temps. Last year's same cruise was a good example. The week prior to the cruise was "ideal" - high 70s-low 80's right up to Friday before sailaway. At sailaway, we had winds and the temp dropped to the high 50s-low 60's. Nothing a sweatshirt or windbreaker can't handle, but COLD for us Floridians!! Anyway, that should be the most you need, and typically as we head south, the weather is warm by the time we get to the first day at sea. Mid 80's at St Thomas, St Martin. CC is a little cooler and can be affected by the "Cold front" weather. It is usually about the same as Miami. Don't overpack for cold, but have something lite just in case!

Thank you, izzinmac! We'll throw in a sweatshirt and light jacket just to be safe. I appreciate your help. See you in just 47 days!

--Curt

Hi All! 44 days to go -- but who's counting -- all of us right:bounce:

Tracey - how is your daughter? I pray she is healing!

We have a Home Depot opening here soon, so I will get my mickey heads then.

How are you making door magents. Are they going to be green mickey heads too?

Sorry, so many questions!

By the way, we have early seating. Just wanted to say hi! See you all soon:wave2:

Jenn
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate:

I made my door magnet last night, it is a large green Mickey head. I tried to copy my little one frome home depot.

Hi all, glad to report DD is feling much better, she says the pain has gone so the antibiotics must be working and it looks like just a water infection, she goes back to the doctors next week.
Thanks for all your thoughts!:grouphug:
Another dumb question, :crazy: door magnets - do you put magnets on them or can you just stick them to your door????

Just saw your posts. Glad to hear DD is feeling better. Tell her we're sending PD and good thoughts her way!

For the door magnet I made I used a sheet magnet that I quess you could put through your printer if you wanted to. I then glued on top of the sheet. I think you could use poster board and just glue magnets on the back if you wanted. Tracey - glad to hear that your daughter is feeling a little better today.

tracey... also glad to hear your DD is feeling better.

I see that 11/13 people are getting their docs already:bounce:

Can it be that our docs may only be 2 weeks away!!!:sunny:

tracey good to know that your dd is feeling better. I am a little worried about my DD 8. She has, what appears to be, a boil on the side of her face. Right by her check, it is quite swollen and it is painful to the touch for her. I am going to call our ped tommorrow but she doesnt feel good right now :-(

Hi Everyone :wave: ,

Well, I can't believe it the middle of October already. :eek:
My Aunt is now coming with us. :Pinkbounc So we are in 6086 and 6137. Late seating. This will be my first Cruise (and my parents too). We are so excited. I already feel like I should start packing. ::yes::

Sooz :flower:

tracey--so glad your DD is better. Indiana is going through is annual "change-of-seasons-cold-and-flu-epidemic" so we'll go through several weeks of illness trade-offs. It will be great to get to a warm climate for a while! dzneprincess--my DD's feeling better, I'll have her send a special get-well to your DD. I hope everything goes well.

--Curt

2038 & 2040 - darci (Curt & Darci-30's, Karli 9, Lexi 6, & Camryn 4)
2118 - IvyandLace (Eric & Linda 50's & Tracy 30)
2120 - IvyandLace's family (Tiffany & John '20's & Micah 12)
2126 - IvyandLace's family (Terri & Todd mid '30's & Matt 16)
2128 - IvyandLace's family (Todd & Janet mid '30's & Moriah 14)
2502 & 2504 - CurtS (kids 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 & 12)
2566 - disneyfan73's parents (Ed and Sue mid-60's)
2602 - nursetanya1973's parents (Dan & Vickie)
2604 - nursetanya1973 (Tanya, Sara 7 & Ian 5)
2603 - izzinmac's daughter (Vikki & Scott - early '20s)
2605 - izzinmac's other daughter (Rebecca & Jason-'20s)
2618 - dtuleya's friend (Tama, Logan 15 & Austin 12)
2620 - dtuleya (Denise, John, Andrew 16 & Grant 10)
2650 - Jennifer Coghlan (DSs 9 & 12)
5513 - BAREFOOTER (44, DH 36, DS Trey 5 & Tanner 3)
5622 - izzinmac (Bob & Mary - late**somethings)
6050 & 6051 - dzneprincess
6068, 6070, 6110, 6111, 6113, 6131, 6634, 6134, 6605 - pwoodham, DH, DS's 13, 12, 10, 6, and 3, plus nanny and MIL nephew, wife, 3 dd's, 2 sisters, another nephew, 1 brother, 1 SIL. Another nephew, wife, 1 dd. Nanny's mom & nanny's 2 nieces
6068 - Friend_of_Piglet (Sooz) & 2 other friends
6118 - april riddle (DH - Eric 47, me 45, DS, Zacch (11) DS Nick 9)
6137 - Friend_of_Piglet's Aunt
6622 - Popovich (Greg 40, Gailyn 39, Nicole 7 & Matthew 5)
6620 - Popovich's In-laws (George & Dolores)
6630 & ???? - jessegirl(Jesse 16, DM, DD, DGPs & DBs 14 & 12)
6631 - NJ Cruisers (Diane, Rick & Matt 5)
6636 - Scrappy520 (Millie)
7067 - traceycooper (myself 38, partner 38, DD 10)
7120 - Disneefun (Me & DH)
7127 - tink1663 (Sue 41, DS Devan 12 & DD Shaylin 7)
7622 - CSX2 (myself 43, DW 34, & DD 8)
8558 - disneyfan73 (Jeff 42, Cindy 43, Jason 16, Kyle 8 & Aaron 7)
???? - Utah5 (DD 14, DS 7, DD 3)
???? - cruisin4fun
???? - DORISDAN (DD 5 & DD 4)
???? - holldoll (DS 13 & DD 10)
???? - Kim Bremner (Kim, DH & DS 4)
???? - qofhearts

Birthday/Anniversary Celebrations on board!
27 - tink1663's 41st Birthday!
28 - Princess Michelle's 27th Birthday!
28 - izzinmac's DW's Birthday!
28 - Popovich's DH's Birthday!
28 - Utah5's 40th Birthday!
30 - Dtuleya's DS Andrew's 16th Birthday & friend Tama's 40 something Bday!
12/2 - CurtS & Wife's 15th Anniversary
?? - IvyandLace's DN's 12th Birthday celebration!
?? - dzneprincess & DH's 11th Anniversary!
?? - Disneefun & DH celebrating 11 years of wedded bliss!
?? - jessegirl celebrating 16th birthday and parents' 20th anniversary!

-------------------------------------

Now let's start the hotel list: (Check-in date & name)

Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort

25 - dtuleya
26 - Popovich

Radisson
eeyoreandpooh
Jennifer Coghlan
april riddle

Hampton Inn
NJ Cruisers

Holiday Inn Select - MCO
26 - CurtS

nursetanya1973 - Radisson or Ron Jon's

dzneprincess - somewhere near MCO

International Drive
april riddle (Wed/Thur)

Holiday Inn International
traceycooper (1 week)
tink1663 (November 25)

All Stars Movies
traceycooper (1 week)

All Stars Music
darcimborcherding

Animal Kingdom Lodge
BAREFOOTER - 11/24/04

POP Century
25 - disneyfan73

Hotel Airport Clarion
26 - IvyandLace

Contemporary Resort
april riddle

After the Cruise

Wilderness Lodge
Popovich (4 days!)

Port Orleans
traceycooper (1 night)

CBR
disneyfan73

************ EXCURSIONS *************

St. Maarten

8:00 AM - Butterfly Farm Tour
Scrappy520

1:45 PM - Rhino Riders
dtuleya's family & friends

Under Two Flags -
IvyandLace

Dolphin & Stingray Encounter
Popovich

St. Thomas/St. John

Sapphire Beach -
dtuleya (on our own)

Doubloon Sail & Snorkel -
NJ Cruisers
april riddle
Jennifer Coghlan
Scrappy520
Popovich

5 star St. John Snorkel Adventure -
traceycooper

Paradise Point Tramway -
traceycooper (on our own)
jessegirl & mom

St. Nautica Snorkeling Expedition -
IvyandLace

12:15 PM - BuckIsland Sail & Snorkel
Scrappy520

Coral World & Coki Beach -
CurtS (on our own)

Champaign Catamaran Sail and Snorkel -
izzinmac

Castaway Cay

11:30 AM - Parasailing
Dtuleya's son & friend

darcimborcherding's DH Curt - ??? time

11:30 AM - Banana Boat
Scrappy520

3:30 PM - Banana Boats
Dtuleya's family & friends

Bottom Fishing -
Jennifer Coghlan's DH & DS (12)

Glass Bottom Boat
BAREFOOTER

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Early Dinner Seating :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
izzinmac
BAREFOOTER
kim bremner
NJ Cruisers

:bounce: :bounce:Late Dinner Seating :bounce: :bounce:
dzneprincess
dtuleya & friend
Scrappy520
CurtS
april riddle
IvyandLace
darcimborcherding
Friend_of_Piglet

Ok everyone, I think I have all the changes made. Let me know if anything is incorrect!

Just giving us a little bump up -- we're about to fall of the front page. :bounce:

Went to Kohls today and found something to wear to formal night. A nice velvet-like skirt (full length) and matching sequined top. $50 for both pieces on sale. Cool. Best part, they're machine washable and the material they're made of shouldn't wrinkle too badly. DH got some new slacks to go with his sport coat, too. So I think we're all set. Can't wait!!!

Hi all! Looks like you got a great bargain on some clothes.

Right now we are scheduled to fly in from Chicago on Saturday and arrive in Orlando at 11am. When we have cruised in the past we have always come in to town the night before. Now I'm nervous that we aren't doing that this time any thoughts? If we do come in the night before does anyone have any feedback on the courtyatd by marriott in Cocoa beach?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter