11/27/04 the sequel.....

The Final Four starts this week, so I'm going to avoid downtown Indianapolis for the week! The closest I'll get is seeing the RCA dome from the 11th floor of the hospital--good enough for me! Like April, my near and dear conference--the Big 10--isn't represented either, although one of my alma-maters, Purdue, has a girls team is still in the running (unfortunately my other one--Indiana--doesn't even have a basketball coach). We're kind of on the fence, April, as far as DCL. We stil have kids that enjoy the cruise (although three of them will probably "age-out" by the time we go in another year), but I'm not sure 1/3-1/2 more per person is worth the cost when you have RCCL and CCL with something for everyone. We had a family discussion about three weeks ago and everyone seemed pretty ambivalent about it. They loved DCL, but that was their first cruise so they had nothing to compare it to and they realized that there would still be fun activities on the other two cruise lines. A friend of mine is a regular CCL cruiser and said that the kids programs are very good on the newer ships and CCL has done a lot to make families feel welcome. I still have a preference for RCCL if we don't go DCL but we'll see. That's about all for now. Take care everyone!

Curt

CurtS said:
The Final Four starts this week, so I'm going to avoid downtown Indianapolis for the week! The closest I'll get is seeing the RCA dome from the 11th floor of the hospital--good enough for me! Like April, my near and dear conference--the Big 10--isn't represented either, although one of my alma-maters, Purdue, has a girls team is still in the running (unfortunately my other one--Indiana--doesn't even have a basketball coach). Curt

Sorry Curt & April but that conversation went totally over my head i read it like this:
bjicgj ogkdprp opgkktrer[kgr[ [pdkgyk-aeiv [0-ioer-trkhzsd[l
pdi0ige-ey rksrprhkn kfghnk dfgkp opsdsdo !!!!!!!
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Although as I'm on jury service at the moment i will read anything other than depressing statements!!!
I've come on the computer for a bit of escapism from the real world :(
Makes you apprieciate your friends & family though, after listening to some of the cases today :grouphug:
Will be glad when its over. Send me some pixie dust please

Sorry, Tracey, I forgot--college basketball is probably something your not as familiar with. Every March, the U.S. picks 64 of its "best" teams (debatable) and has them play against each other to a final champion. Almost everyone has a college that they support and it's a huge following in the U.S. They play in "regional" tournaments throughout the country and then, when they get to the final four teams (imaginatively called "The Final Four") they have a single city that they play the last three games in (two semi-final games and one championship game). Cities all over the country try to get that final set of games because 40,000 people come into that city and happily spend millions of dollars on lodging, food, souvenirs and, of course, adult beverages. Indianapolis has the game this year, and since I work in Indianapolis, I try to avoid those 40,000 rabid fans!

I'm sorry to hear about jury service. We only do one duty and then have a year before we're selected again. I was lucky--I had a one-day drug trial last year--but it's still depressing. It makes you see the dark side of society, doesn't it?

Curt - sounds a bit like a football (think you call it soccer!!) tournament we have over here :)

Had another tough day in court, hoping the case will be done soon, i have to do the service for 2 weeks, so dont know what will follow next week!!!
I'm not allowed to discuss the case till its done, but its the one type of case i didnt want (you wouldnt want it either) & the crazy thing is there is absoultly no eveidence in favour of either party - just ones word against the others!!!
What a waste of tax payers money!!! Hoping it will get thrown out of court & then we wont have to decide!!

Hopefully, the court cases will get a bit better, Tracey. I cannot imagine two weeks of jury duty. We have trouble getting people to show up for one day of it here!

I'm pushing for another cruise in 2007. We've talked about resorts and DW, but I have problems with the age span of the kids and the fact that not everyone is in relatively close proximity (although from what I've read of the CCL Glory and the RCCL Navigator of the Seas, "proximity" isn't going to happen). It is nice, though, to have everyone being able to participate in age-appropriate activities in the same general vacinity. That is one big point for DCL--the ships have age-appropriate activities but are small enough that you don't have to hike from place to place. CCL is the only line I've seen that has released late 2007 price listings, though.

Got to get back to work. Hope everyone is doing well this Easter season. I've given up chocolate for Lent and boy am I grumpy!!!

Curt

Jury service is done :)
They released me early today, cos i'm not feeling well & dont have to go back :)
Didnt get picked for any cases this week, & didnt want to be picked!!
School breaks up for 2weeks easter hols on friday so i get 2 weeks off :) not going anywhere though.
I'm having a dilema, cant decide between 3 - 4 weeks in Florida during end of july into August (hurricane season, hot & busy - i think!!) or 10 nights flying 25th December when prices are cheaper!!! could be cold & - (this leads me to a question i'm hoping you guys can answer) would it still be really busy just after christmas but before new year???
Just wish i could afford to do both then i wouldnt have to decide lol

Hi Tracey! Not having been to WDW I can only answer from reading the "Unofficial Guide". However, I also had a friend who went last year between Christmas and New Years's and affirmed what the Guilde said--it is very, very busy. They claim that the best time is between Thanksgiving and Christmas during the winter season, although the boards are saying that it, too, is getting busier. If we ever decide to go to WDW, we'll probably aim for late September since most people won't pull their children out of school so soon after it starts. However, you're getting into the worst of hurricane season and, at least for 2006, they are predicting as bad or worse than 2005 (which is hard to imagine). So that may also factor into your question about coming in July or August, although the worst of the hurricanes didn't really hit until August (still, July is risky). Lots of words, probably not much substance but I hope it helps.

I'm glad you finally got off of jury duty. Yeech! :crazy2:

Curt

CurtS said:
However, you're getting into the worst of hurricane season and, at least for 2006, they are predicting as bad or worse than 2005 (which is hard to imagine).
Curt

Its gonna get worse??? :eek: I hope we get out there for the wedding!
We had a friend who was due to fly out a couple of years ago - they had been in the air for 3 hours then had to turn back cos of a hurricane!!
Thats my worse nightmare,
pray for a hurricane free day for our flight on the 19th October!!

Is that week after christmas busier than thanksgiving week?? We did thanksgiving week last time, was busy but we still managed to do everything that we wanted.

Is that week after christmas busier than thanksgiving week?? We did thanksgiving week last time, was busy but we still managed to do everything that we wanted.

From what I read (and I can only rely on my book since I've never been there), both are pretty much the same. I personally would suspect that the week after Christmas would actually be worse since Thanksgiving week only has two days off from school (the kids normally go until Wednesday) while Christmas week is off for the entire week so the kids never miss. But if you were able to get everything done during Thanksgiving week, I suspect you would be okay.

Curt

Hi guys - I hate to see us so far back in the listings. Tracey - I can give you alittle advice on the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas - You were there the week of Thanksgiving before our last cruise weren't you? I can tell you that we got to Disney the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the crowds were crazy. I have always said that I wouldn't go during the week of a holiday. Easter is even worse from what everyone tells me. We ended up going to Universal a whole day before we were supposed to due to our Front of the line privledges. That was an incredibly sweet deal. Next time we go to Orlando we will be doing that again. I love going in January. Is that an option for you? When we go in January there always seems to be alot of Brits there. When we went this year and were at Discovery Cove it was more English/Scotish/Irish people there than North Americans. I love Orlando - I wish Eric did too! I would love to move to Florida but that is a no go. Anyway there is only 249 days until my next cruise! Can't wait. (January 3 -11 eight whole days without the boys!)

Hi, nice to see someone posting:)
January isnt an option now - the joys of working in a school (i am loving the job though!) we have a week off in February, but it costs nearly as much for a week as it does for 2 weeks!!! I'm struggling to fit everything in for our 3 week trip!!!
It is looking like the day after christmas, just waiting for prices to come out at travel agents, i have been pricing summer hols as we are off for 6 weeks, but it is quite expensive & a bit too close (need to save those pennies) to this holiday!
Hope everyone is well :)

Poor thing got moved to page 4--can't have that happen! Summer holidays tend to be a bit pricey, Tracey. That's true about anywhere you go. I'm very fearful of DCL's ability to stay competitive. I accompanied a group of 8th graders to a monestary yesterday (thought of joining but the monks said that I can't bring the kids along) and one of the other parents said that the ships burn a gallon of fuel for every foot that it moves, so I could imagine how much money DCL cruises are costing them now. At least RCL and Carnival keep building bigger ships which probably use more fuel but are packed with 4-5 thousand people. DCL's sitting with 2-3 thousand. So I don't know if waiting to book will move prices further down or not if you're thinking DCL again. We're going to consider RCL again since they're introducing their mega-ships. Steph was against it because of the size, but after explaining my conversation yesterday to her, she's getting pretty convinced. Next week I'm accompanying that same group of 8th graders to Washington D.C. It seems like all of my vacations this year are going to be spent watching middle schoolers! Next year I'm taking a vacation for myself (and Steph and the kids of course). Take care everyone!

Hey Curt - I hear ya about school trips - Eric always goes because I don't have the patience that he does with boys. Next year will be our big year for school trips with one to Williamsburg and the other to DC.
Well I again can say we do love Disney but RCCL and Carnival does have alot of great options for the kids. On the Voyager class they even have a Family Oceanview Suite with bunk beds, a pull out couch that two of the smaller ones could sleep on and a king bed. The two older kids could get an inside state room across from it and believe me it is ALOT cheaper. Our service was very good and the only complaint was that the movie theater wasn't very good and they did utilize that alot on the Magic. But they did love the sports court with the putt putt/basketball. They also had a really cool game playing room right there and there was alot of games, cards etc that they went to alot. If you can go a week in January you can get some amazing deals. I ended up getting over $1000 back between my mother's and our rooms because it became a "Hot Deal" week. I can't let you know how a week long carnival cruise is until I get back.
Summer is upon us already. Here in NC school will be finished in three weeks. We have camps planned for the boys for the first three weeks after school and then we will let them veg out for a week until we start again. No couch potatoes this summer! (I wish I could be one though!)
Hope you are all great and everyone have a wonderful Mother's Day! April

Hi all :)
I have news!!! I'm going on a cruise - but alas it is only a 1 night cruise, its for my hen night (girls night out before weddding - not sure if you guys call it the same thing!!) still looking forward to it though:) its a 1 night taster cruise whilst the ship repositions from Newcastle to Harwich, 10 of us ladies going!! Any cruise is better than none!!
I have also booked to go to the MALDIVES next year on Bandos Island, just Gary & me - DD is staying with mum & we are going with my brother & his wife, i have wanted to visit the Maldives all my life & am really excited :)
I will have to wait till prices come out for Disney during christmas 07, hoping for a good deal & there may still be a chance we will get there too

hen night (girls night out before weddding - not sure if you guys call it the same thing!!)

Hi everone! I believe, Tracey, it's called a Bachelorette Party here. Even one day is at least a cruise!

April, thank you for the good information on RCCL and CCL! I'll check into those prices and accomodations. I'm hoping with RCCL's newest ship that they will have some good prices on the "old" Voyager class!

We're getting into our whirlwind series of trips--DC was great (we even got to see Marine One take off), but tiring. Security is really tight, April. The uniformed Secret Service people couldn't be more friendly, but they certainly keep things in order. We even had one student that almost got thrown out of the National Archives because she inadvertently left her flash on while we were waiting to see the documents.

I'm at work this week then off next week for vacation (no place special--just a couple of theme parks), back to work for a week then off to Dallas for a week (work-related but everyone is going with me). So it will be fun.

I keep going back to the Port Canaveral webcam and dreaming. Cruise time is soon, I hope. We're definitely doing a 2006, but I have to wait for RCCL to come out with late year prices so it's near to Steph's "zero" birthday!

Take care everyone.

Curt

Just wanted to pop in and say I hope everyone has a happy holiday season! What's everyone been up to? :wave2:

Wow i was shocked to recieve an e-mail for this thread!!!
Nice though :)
Well i'm now a married woman :)
We went to wdw for 3 weeks & got married 3rd week in Clearwater on the beach & it was lovely, we are having a party this weekend for all family & friends who couldnt make the wedding, so i get to wear my dress again :)
Off work sick at the moment though, i'm in agony with a peri-anal haematoma, wont go into detail but i'm in a lot of pain right now & just praying i will be ok for the party on Saturday!
Hope everyone is well & had a great Thanksgiving,
Tracey

Heres me, DD & mum at the wedding :)

DSCF0351.jpg
[/IMG]

ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!

Come one come all and bring your pom poms to the most
faaaabulos Teams of all :

THE "CRUISE TEAM" and "THE REWARDS AND RUMORS TEAM"

So come ROCK the BOAT cause RUMOR has it.....
there are REWARDS to be had for cheering along :thumbsup2

Hello everyone...we are looking for more cheerleaders for the
EXTREME WPASADI game..You ask..What is a WPASADI game...well if you come cheer you can win prizes and have lots of fun!! here is a link to come and see...we need your cheers ...for these 2 teams!!

here is your link come on and cheer with us!!!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter