11/27/04 the sequel.....

Curt - would it be sensible to book Arts from airport to disney or should i look for someone more local??? Tried southern elegance website but they dont give out prices & it seems geared to US customers!!!
PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!! :crazy:

April - do you know the web site for florida tours?

On a good note i booked discovery cove yesterday, we are going on halloween!! That is Gary & mines 10th aniversary of our first date :teeth:

Gonna have a go at booking 'dine with Shamu' at seaworld & a safari tour at busch gardens online later, wish me luck!

traceycooper said:
Curt - would it be sensible to book Arts from airport to disney or should i look for someone more local??? Tried southern elegance website but they dont give out prices & it seems geared to US customers!!!
PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!

Not to panic! I realized after I e-mailed you that Southern Elegance is an airport-to-port limo. I took the liberty of asking the experts and posted a request for limo information on the Disboard for WDW:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Look for my post and check the replies. Hopefully that will help.

Curt

Thanks Curt, i checked out your post & then looked on the transportation boards ( i didnt know there was one either!!) I have e-mailed sunray for a quote after reading good reviews... Watch this space!

Hi Tracey, just try Fltours.com they were very professional. I keep thinking of other things about the cruise. The beach at Labadee Haiti was absolutely beautiful and it seemed to us that RCCL had really done a great job at keeping it so natural looking. More trees to sit under than umbrellas and they have an old church that was built in 1721 I think that is right on the beach. They have some of the locals selling their wares but they are very pushy. The also have a dancing demo that was quite good. The food was pretty much the same for the BBQ. The water was much warmer. I wouldn't mind going back there - I was not that impressed with Cataway Cay - I think it was because the water seemed to cold to me.

April - i will check out FLtours, sunray quoted $350 round trip to clearwater from I drive, is that a good deal????
Its so hard to organise stuff from the UK, i am considering seeing if i can check out some schools in Clearwater, to test the water about possible vacancies, then we can move out over there...heaven:)

Tracey, I paid $348 for round trip from the Airport Marriot to port which included the tip. There was five of us. I am pretty sure that it would be the same from I-drive. It was a stretched limo and we all fit nicely but the luggage was snug and some ended up at the front with the driver. The boys wanted a stretched hummer of course but I think that was around $500 round trip. I would move to Florida in a heart beat but DH doesn't really like it. I know we need good teachers in North Carolina - as probably most states do. We do get some cold spells but it is only an hour and a half from Orlando via airplane. Twelve hours by car. I feel for you with the planning - if you need any help just let me know and I can see what I can do for you. Hope you are well. April

Thanks April, $348 for a limo is good, sunray didnt say what type of vehicle their quote was for! Was that fltours?? It would be nice to arrive at my wedding destination in style :) There are 5 of us too.
I might take you up on the offer for help & you might regret offering:)
A 1 hr 30 min flight to Orlando is better than a 9 hr one, Any teaching assistant jobs??!!

Just thought I would check in. It's been a bad month and I thought I would find some friendly faces (I'm treasurer of our Catholic school and had to raise tuition this year, so I'm not making many friends). I read an interesting article on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas last night which will now become the largest cruise ship at sea and RCCL is planning another one for 2009 that will have a 6,000 passenger capacity. Oh, how I miss the little 1,800 passenger DCL Magic! Tracey--it sounds like you've got everything taken care of with the limo service, I'm glad to hear that. We're still undecided on a cruise for 2007, but have decided to begin transitioning our children to homeschooling for this fall so that opens up new timing opportunities. There is a huge Catholic homeschooling network in this area and the public schools have done a horrible job working with our two special needs children. Finally, we are going to foster a two year-old long-term (possible adoption) foster child on the 21st. She doesn't talk, but she does sign, so we're taking a crash course in sign language. Life is exciting!!!! Not as exciting as a DCL, but it's the best I can do. I'm going to run by Home Depot this afternoon, buy play sand and spread it all over the living room to recreat Castaway Cay just to make things complete!

Curt

Hi Curt, heres a few friendly faces for you :) :goodvibes ;) :Pinkbounc :wizard: :grouphug: :smooth: :wave: princess: :bitelip: :groom: :p :yay: :wave2: :bounce: :hippie:

Sounds like a hectic time for you! Hope things will calm down a bit for you. May i ask what kind of special needs your children have? I have been working with some lower ability children using a technique called 'brain gym' to improve consentration, reading & writing skills & motor skills. Some of it is based on holistic treatments, such as acupuncture/meridian points & meditation techniques & the rest is based on ways of connecting both sides of the brain, and re-enforcing their awareness of their bodies midline. Its really interesting & i have seen some great results from using.
A big part of children not having this awareness has been connected to when they were babies & not crawling or grasping much & lack of spacial awareness. Obviously there are other factors too, but it seems young children who may be kept in pushchairs or play pens for long periods are more susceptible.
Sorry i've just re read what i've wrote & realised how much i waffle on!!!
Anyway if you want any info e-mail me.
Tracey xx

Thank you, Tracey, for the happy faces! The meeting wasn't as difficult as all of us imagined, but we still put a little vodka in our water bottles just to be safe. ;)

What you mentioned in your e-mail is very accurate and what we are seeing from foster children--they tend to not be nurtured during the first few years of life and that creates issues with attachment, creating a conscience and even interferes with their learning. We belong to a couple of parent support groups and it is surprising how many parents say that the school systems simply don't understand, or care to understand, the emotional issues related to foster and adopted children. Indiana school systems need a good dose of education on how to educate! I'll PM you this week.

Everything has been up and down with the 2 year-old foster child but it appears that the social workers have had enough and ordered her placement with us on the 21st so we're scrambling to get beds moved around and create closet space. It's actually kind of fun and a bit unnerving.

Thanks for all of your help, Tracey.

Everyone--Happy Valentine's Day! :love:

Curt

Curt - hope all goes well with the fostering!
Happy Valentines Day to all aswell!!! :)

Our foster child has arrived--all 22 lbs. of her. She has attached herself to Chris--who, at 13, tries very hard to avoid looking like he's flattered, but you can see the "big brother" attitude come through. Take care everyone. Have a Happy St. Patty's Day. :thumbsup2

Curt

Curt - i was just wondering how you were getting on!! :)
Can you post a picture?? What is her name?
Congratulations & good luck :)

Wow Curt and Stephanie! congradulations on your new addition. I am in awe of you guys - I struggle with two - how do you do it?
Tracey how are the plans going? If I ever were to renew my wedding vows I would head down to the Grand Floridian at WDW - the wedding chapel there is beautiful and the Grand Floridian in my opinion is absolutely wonderful. They have afternoon tea there in the afternoon which my mum and I participated in one afternoon. A bit pricey like everything disney but nice just to say you did it.
We did book our 8 day carnival cruise for January 3, 07. Just the two of us and we were going to go inside cabin but for $200 more got an obstructed view balcony where you can look out into the ocean but there is a life boat under the balcony so we won't be able to see down. The balcony is actually twice the length of regular balconies so I am very happy to get it. As soon as I get my carnival magazine in April, I will use the $150 off coupon that is usually in it and it will only end up being $50 more. I am really excited since it is going to Colon Panama and you can take an excursion thru the canal. It also goes to Costa Rica and Belieze. Four days at sea which is my absolute favorite thing to do. The countdown has started - only 303 days left haha.
Well guys keep in touch. Curt you are so amazing - I still can't believe you have another one!

I just saw us on the front page and got so excited :Pinkbounc ! I'm glad everyone is well :sunny:

Curt-Congratulations on your new addition :) :grouphug: I don't know how you do it, maybe it's the Vodka in the water bottle thing...... I'll have to try it :teeth:

Tracy- We used Florida Tours on our last two trips and they did a great job. We also used Tiffany Town Car once or twice and they were good as well. We priced both and would go for the least expensive.

Anyone booking 2007 DCL? We're looking at the Dec 1 Western :)

Nothing new with us. We did the Dec 3 Western last year and loved it. Diane and Rick (NJCruisers) were with us and that was great.

Take care :grouphug:

Gailyn :wave:

Has the rest of DCL 2007 prices come out yet???
Hoping to hear about my contract next week, if its good news i will be looking :)
We are a bit worried at the moment as my parents hotel in clearwater is being demolished in July & their tour operator say they dont know anything about it!!! Mum asked if they can change but tour operater says they will charge £150!! They say if mum & dad wait till they get a letter stating the hotel is going to be a pile of rubble they can change for free then but we are worried they wont get in anywhere close to the Hilton (where we are & getting married) The tour operator doesnt appear to have anything left for clearwater but we are hoping they will allocate extra rooms!
So much for getting married abroad to get less hassle!!!
On the good front my DD has picked her bridesmaid dress, it is beautiful - a deep, bright pink, in a raw satin with a bit of a sheen to it, strapless, runched on the front & gathered at the waist with a diamante brooch! :)

Okay, I've been negligent in my duties. Tracey--you were a good reminder of the important things in life--the DISboards! I'm being transferred to a different department and have about four weeks to get all of my projects off of my desk, so it's been really hectic at work and then with the new addition, it's been a bit hectic at home. We survived what I hope was the final snowstorm of the season which occurred on the first day of spring (1-2 inches of snow per hour with 30 mph winds). Hope everyone had a great St. Patty's Day :thumbsup2 . I've been looking at Port Canaveral's web cam and the Wonder is in dock today. I so miss being there! Gotta go--I have to get the vodka/water mix ready. :teeth:

Curt

Hi Curt,
guess what everyone
I GOT A PERMENANT CONTRACT :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I'm over the moon :)
Think we might book to come over day after christmas day (we call it boxing day - do you guys???) 2007. The prices come down a lot that day & how the school holls fall we could do 10 days (if the tour operators dont click on & not drop the prices - usually you can only fit 7 school holls days in if you fly boxing day, buy 2007 falls different ;)
Are any of you guys coming over the pond to sail the med on the Magic?? Dont think we can afford it!!! Its cheaper to fly all the way over to Disney & stay on site for 3 weeks!!! plus there are only 2 sail dates that are actually in the school holls, & i bet they are the most expensive!! :rolleyes:
Still i've e-mailed dreams unlimited for a quote :teeth:

(we call it boxing day - do you guys???) 2007

Hi Tracey:

No, we call it "Clearance Shopping Day" and "Don't Go Out Day" because the stores are packed with after-Christmas shoppers looking to pick up a bargain for the next year's Christmas (I think our neighbors to the north might call it Boxing Day, though).

I am so happy for you. Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Now it's time to plan that next DCL trip! Post Christmas may be a good idea. With the home schooling, only our high-schooler would be affected (Chris wants to stay in public school for the clubs and sports), so we're a lot more liberal on sailing times.

Anyone else have 2007 plans? Maybe a 3 year reunion?

Hi guys - First of all congradulations to Curt on the new job and to Tracey for the contract! Yeah! When I read about the med-cruises I wondered if it was still cheaper to go to Orlando for you. After reading your post and the prices ouch - we would love to to a Med - cruise but I think we would go Carnival or RCCL. I guess we probably won't do another Disney as sad as that sounds. The boys just aren't that interested anymore. They had so much to do on the Mariner. One of the only things they didn't like more was the movie theater. Next time all four of us go we will be doing two rooms as well. It is always nice to have some alone time. It is still kind of cool here in NC. We are watching the basketball - Boston College is the only ACC team still alive - I think that is against all rules. Have a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter