11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

WdwStar, Dh and I are at AKV right now, enjoying the wonderful tree you sent down. What a beautiful job you did! It's themed so perfectly for AKV, Dh and I just love it! I have to tell you that DH told me that he wasn't so keen on the whole idea, but once we had the tree and set it up, he loved the whole idea of the tree exchange and wants to donate next year.:)

Just a note for people asking for their trees, AKV did have trouble finding it and I did have to nicely insist that there was a box somewhere with my name on the top of a list of several names. They worked very hard at finding it and had it to our room within 1 hour of check-in.

Thank you so much for all you do WdwStar.

SamSam, glad you like the tree. I'm actually next in line for that tree, picking it up on the 9th. My kids are psyched to get down there. How are the crowds this week?

robmags, I think you will love the tree as much as we do. I won't tell you any details about it, so as not to take away from the first time you see it. We find the crowds a little heavy, but we're extremely spoiled from the years past when off-season crowds were practically nil. The parks are beautiful, and AKL is just gorgeous. Hopefully you won't have any trouble getting your tree, I will be very specific with them when we drop it off but with the volume of boxes, etc. that the staff deals with I can understand how hard it might be to find one box.

Have a wonderful vacation!:)

I am at BWV now and they can not find the tree. We are still looking if anyone can PM me specifics that would be great!

PM'd tracking to you - tree was delivered on 11/30 via Fed Ex & signed for by BWV - let me know what else I can do! :)

Kim

Just home from our trip (a day late due to the storms in Chicago) and we were lucky enough to have OKW tree #2. Thanks Donna! It was beautiful, wonderful and a great addition to our villa.

Will post pics tomorrow.

I've been following this thread with interest, and we're planning on joining in and donating a tree next year. So I'd love to see some ideas and examples of size, decorations, and whatever else you all have to share about the trees. DH and I went looking at trees and ornaments today and are planning to buy ours after Christmas. I just think this is such a great idea and a fantastic example of what's good in the world - warms my heart :cloud9: :santa: pixiedust:

robmags, I wanted to let you know that the crowds yesterday at Magic Kingdom were very light. Much different then Monday at AK, so hopefully when you are here the crowds won't be bad.

mello, I have pics of the tree in our room and will try and post them when we get back home.

Glad to hear the crowds have been light as we arrived Sunday picking up BWV #5 tree. :)

I don't know what happened, but my tree #3 at SSR was not there. After a couple of days, I checked again, and today tree #1 for SSR was found not opened. The name on it was Susan and Timothy Brown, which is not me, although I am Susan Brown.

Since no one had claimed it, I did take it. I haven't opened it yet, will do so tonight. Unfortunately, didn't have a tree all week.

Does anyone have the tree #3 that I was supposed to get at SSR?

Susan Brown

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that bell services/front desk could not find the tree when we checked in on Tuesday (Nov20). The good news is that we can confirm that the SSR #1 tree has arrived. It was delivered to our room sometime on Thursday (Nov22), because it was sitting in our room when we returned late that night after a full day at the parks. Unfortunately, we were checking out early Friday morning, so we returned the two (2) tree boxes (unopened) to the front desk (bell services would have nothing to do with them). We marked our names off the list and asked the front desk to hold them for the next name on the list. Not complaining, just explaining. Thanks to the tree donator and to wdwstar for your efforts. Maybe next year!

Stan

Ok, so that explains the unopened tree #1 that we picked up.

But who has tree #3 that we were supposed to have?

Bell services kept insisting there was nothing for me in their area. Finally a female looked up and said that they were trying to track trees and she would look at the front desk...I don't know what happened. I hope I don't have trouble when I go to return the tree...the wrong tree that is.

Susan Brown

Ok, so that explains the unopened tree #1 that we picked up.

But who has tree #3 that we were supposed to have?

Bell services kept insisting there was nothing for me in their area. Finally a female looked up and said that they were trying to track trees and she would look at the front desk...I don't know what happened. I hope I don't have trouble when I go to return the tree...the wrong tree that is.

Susan Brown

I bet Timothy made off with tree 3. :confused3

I would bet that since the name on both trees is "Susan Brown", the other Susan Brown has your tree. Just a guess :confused3
Hope it all works out :santa:

robmags, I wanted to let you know that the crowds yesterday at Magic Kingdom were very light. Much different then Monday at AK, so hopefully when you are here the crowds won't be bad.

Thanks so much for the update. We are so excited to get there. Hope your having a great time!!

Hmmm It seems I goofed.. I put down Susan AND Timomthy Brown when I should have just put Timonthy Brown on the box...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!

So my guess is the two "Brown" trees got mixed up.. Ugh... So So Sorry guys!

has anyone heard about BWV tree #1 ?? We're scheduled to receive it on Tuesday, when we check in ???? :surfweb:

No Donna, no one has checked in ... yesterday would have been the "swap" between the second and third person. Hopefully someone will check in. I'm anxious to hear as well.

Any word on tree #2 at SSR?

My family and I will be picking it up on Sunday and we can't wait. :santa: I was so excited to read that balcony lights and an extension cord was included. I'll be sure to take pictures and post when I get back (unless someone objects).

Laurabearz - Thanks for the picture so I know what to look for, and for sharing your tree!:thanks:

Here is what the SSR Tree 1 and 2 look like, as well as the OKW/BWV Tree #1

zzzzzChirstmasTreeboxes.jpg

Two boxes... One with the tree, one with balcony lights, extention cords, ornarments, etc...

I placed my (lime green) flips in the picture to give you perspective.. hehe

Each box will have SSR Tree # 1 (or #2) all around the bottom of the box on all four sides. There is also a plastic sleave on the outside of each box listing the people and their dates. Please cross off your name before passing it along.

I don't know what happened, but my tree #3 at SSR was not there. After a couple of days, I checked again, and today tree #1 for SSR was found not opened. The name on it was Susan and Timothy Brown, which is not me, although I am Susan Brown.

Since no one had claimed it, I did take it. I haven't opened it yet, will do so tonight. Unfortunately, didn't have a tree all week.

Does anyone have the tree #3 that I was supposed to get at SSR?

Susan Brown

Well that bytes....We left the tree at guest services on Saturday and had the CM attach a note to your account for your Sunday checkin. I'm assuming they attached the note to the wrong Susan Brown account.

Hmmm It seems I goofed.. I put down Susan AND Timomthy Brown when I should have just put Timonthy Brown on the box...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!

So my guess is the two "Brown" trees got mixed up.. Ugh... So So Sorry guys!

Have we been able to confirm that SSR Tree #1 got switched with SSR Tree #3? It looks like both trees get picked up next Sunday on 12/16, #1 by DiznyDi and #3 by Narm Forever. Maybe we can get the switch reversed then?

Laurabearz, I for one can't thank you, the other tree donators and wdwstar enough for making this happen. It looks like an honest mistake with similar names. Hopefully, the other tree sharers will agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter