11/15/09 Wonder

Why do I get the impression that I'm the only male on this thread?

Anyway welcome aboard lilo. This is our 3rd cruise for me/wife/daughter oldest son. Last cruise was in 2001. Now we have 7 kids. We have 2 connecting family rooms on deck 8.

Our weekend was fun. We put on a 20 magic show for a Vietnamese church crowd. About 300 people who don't use English as their primary language. Makes for an interesting time. It was a lot of fun.

Took the oldest kiddies to see Harry Potter. They walked out saying over and over "I thought Snape was good". I kept saying it's a small part of a big story. Wait till the next ones.

Took the oldest kiddies to see Harry Potter. They walked out saying over and over "I thought Snape was good". I kept saying it's a small part of a big story. Wait till the next ones.

A lot of forums only have one or two guys - cause - only the good ones get to be with us.

Do you know why Snape is the half blood prince? huh huh :confused3 :rotfl2:

That was left out of the movie.

Those kids grew so much. They better hurry up & get the last movie (s)? out. I saw it twice already. Once with the family & yesterday by myself. Just like in the book I cried when what happened to Prof Dumbledore happened. Not saying what - in case some one has yet to go see it. I've been re-reading the books. (I'm a Harry Potter nut).

On our cruise during the hurricane where the 7 day turned 10 day. They did something different. Instead of a disney movie they showed Harry Potter.

Havn't been on the forum much. Been out riding my new Honda Goldwing Trike - everyday. I love it.

a suprise 10 day cruise! That would be so awesome!
Ok, probably it was stressful at the time for a lot of people on the ship since they had to worry about jobs, kids and pets, but if you have to get "stuck" somewhere... A cruise ship is the place to be!

DH has a user account for the Dis, but he does not really get into it. He likes me to tell him stuff, and loves the cruise, so Its all good for me :goodvibes

So we were going through a lot of the junk in our barn yesterday and we found a bag of our godkids meds that had gone with them to school... not sure how it ended up in our storage stuff, but whatever ;) So in the bag was an epi pen. DH being the responsible disposer of medication that he is decides to inject the medicine into some cardboard. He thinks the needle is in the OTHER end and puts his thumb on the needle end and it shoots out into his finger. Fortunatly he pretty much instantly flung it away from him, so not all the meds got in. It bled like crazy, but he had no adverse effects.

Anyway welcome aboard lilo. This is our 3rd cruise for me/wife/daughter oldest son. Last cruise was in 2001. Now we have 7 kids. We have 2 connecting family rooms on deck 8.

Our weekend was fun. We put on a 20 magic show for a Vietnamese church crowd. About 300 people who don't use English as their primary language. Makes for an interesting time. It was a lot of fun.

It's ok being the only male...you can be this thread's MacDaddy!:lmao:

a suprise 10 day cruise! That would be so awesome!
Ok, probably it was stressful at the time for a lot of people on the ship since they had to worry about jobs, kids and pets, but if you have to get "stuck" somewhere... A cruise ship is the place to be!

Dh has a user account for the dis, but he does not really get into it. He likes me to tell him stuff, and loves the cruise, so its all good for me :goodvibes

so we were going through a lot of the junk in our barn yesterday and we found a bag of our godkids meds that had gone with them to school... Not sure how it ended up in our storage stuff, but whatever ;) so in the bag was an epi pen. Dh being the responsible disposer of medication that he is decides to inject the medicine into some cardboard. He thinks the needle is in the other end and puts his thumb on the needle end and it shoots out into his finger. Fortunatly he pretty much instantly flung it away from him, so not all the meds got in. It bled like crazy, but he had no adverse effects.

whew!

Someone on another thread said they got a room at the Port for $63 thru Hotwire. Country Inn and Suites to be exact which is where me and my DH stayed for our pre-cruise. It's a really nice hotel. I want to book this, but am leary with Hotwire since you don't know where you will end up staying and NO refunds. But it's such a good rate - but not certain I will be booked at Country Inn and Suites! :headache:

Ok....I bit the bullet and tried Hotwire. I am SO glad I took the risk! We got booked at the Country Inn and Suites for $75 including tax. The only thing is that I called after to check on the room type we got and we had gotten a kids suite with a Queen bed and bunkbeds. As tempting as it was to keep the room, I changed the room to a King bed. As an only child, I ALWAYS wanted bunkbeds...so if I kept that room...I prob would have stayed in the top bunk! Where DH would've slept is anyone's guess! :rotfl:

Hi everyone,

We are also on this cruise, me Krystyne (41), DH Steve (54), DD Angeline (17), DS Jo (15). It will be mine and Angeline's 2nd cruise on the Wonder (Nov,07) and Steve and Jo's 1st. We are coming all the way from Australia and have 5 nights in Disneyland first, then 15 nights in Windsor Hills, then the cruise. Last time we cruised Angeline was very ill, so ill in fact that we were confined to our cabin for 3 out of 4 days, could not get off the boat at Nassau and were only able to leave the boat for 15 mins at CC. Later when we returned to Australia and after many tests Angeline was diagnosed with Chrones Disease which explains why she was so ill. This time will be much better as she is on medication to control her condition.
I must confess that I have been reading this forum for quite a while and have been getting excited about FE discussions. I have actually bought quite a few gifts already to exchange so I guess we will be participating in the FE exchange. We have 2 cabins side by side 6003 and 6007. Even though we have booked 1 adult and 1 child in each cabin (per Disney rules) the adults and children will be separate. Steve and myself will be in 6003 and Angeline and Jo will be in 6007.
I have lots of photos from our last cruise if anyone is interested, just let me know and I will TRY! to post them here. I say try because I have never done it before.
With regards to the FE gift giving, I agree that a cut off date is appropriate. As we will be bringing all of our gifts from Australia and are in the States for nearly 3 weeks prior to this cruise, it will be much easier for us to have a definate cut off date. (I would hate to miss anyone out)

Welcome Krystyneb!

We would LOVE to see pictures from your cruise!
It helps get us in the mood. (of course its not hard to get into the mood for a cruise ;))

Oh great - another woman.......:)

Welcome aboard the thread. Looks Like I need to reload the picture of my family to introduce us to the new ones on the thread.

hi everyone,

i must confess that i have been reading this forum for quite a while and have been getting excited about fe discussions. I have actually bought quite a few gifts already to exchange so i guess we will be participating in the fe exchange. We have 2 cabins side by side 6003 and 6007. Even though we have booked 1 adult and 1 child in each cabin (per disney rules) the adults and children will be separate. Steve and myself will be in 6003 and angeline and jo will be in 6007.
I have lots of photos from our last cruise if anyone is interested, just let me know and i will try! To post them here. I say try because i have never done it before.
With regards to the fe gift giving, i agree that a cut off date is appropriate. As we will be bringing all of our gifts from australia and are in the states for nearly 3 weeks prior to this cruise, it will be much easier for us to have a definate cut off date. (i would hate to miss anyone out)

use photobucket for photos - you'll love it.

Welcome aboard the thread. Looks Like I need to reload the picture of my family to introduce us to the new ones on the thread.

WOW. Sorry the server is so slow, I forgot to reply to our poor wittle man on the thread and hit submit too fast. :lmao:

Just think of yourself as having a massive DIS harem. :rotfl: I for one am thrilled to have a man on board in the planning! I wish I could get my DH to parooze the DIS boards but it's not his bag I guess. :confused3 his iPod games are more exciting. :surfweb: :confused: Don't know why.:3dglasses

Let us know how you'd like the update info for our FE list you have going. If you'd like it in PMs or on the thread. You are DA MAN for doing that you know. :hug:

G'day Krystyneb, WELCOME!!! :banana::welcome:

I have to say that Australia is on my bucket list of places to visit before I die. :flower3: I SO badly want to visit! I'd GLADLY pay you to bring something specially Australian for my boys from OZ. Just a thought. :) I'm sure you'll have enough to pack though. :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for the warm :grouphug: welcome. Mike, would it soften the blow of me being a woman:rotfl: if I told you that I also homeschool my children? No need to reload the picture of your family as I have read through the last 34 pages many times and seen all the wonderful photos. Speaking of photos I have taken Jills advise and uploaded my photos to photobucket, so here goes with the first one:

Okay that didn't work because I need to have 10 posts before I can upload my photos, so this should be number 9, only 1 more to go and then we are in business!

G'day Krystyneb, WELCOME!!! :banana::welcome:

I have to say that Australia is on my bucket list of places to visit before I die. :flower3: I SO badly want to visit! I'd GLADLY pay you to bring something specially Australian for my boys from OZ. Just a thought. :) I'm sure you'll have enough to pack though. :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

Hi Stephanie, no need to worry about something for your boys as I have it covered. My thinking (and justification to my DH for spending so much) is that not many people have actually been to Australia and I thought it would be nice (especially for the children) if my FE gifts were things from my country.

Okay here goes, I hope it works

albums

okay it worked, now I have to find a way of making them bigger. Please bear with me as I work my way through it.

OH. I posted this on the MN/IA thread but here ya go. Me and my fam. prior to Daniel being born. AND then Daniel.

UsMGM.jpg

And here is the new little man. :)

sleepy.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter