• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11-12 weeks pregnant at Disney. what rides did you ride?

pixiedustmomma

Mouseketeer
I will be 11 -12 weeks pregnant when we go to Disney in a couple weeks. My doctor told me to stay away from rides that have drops and that jerk you around.

So what rides did you ride while pregnant?

I rode just about everything except for Mission Space (it was new, I was afraid to try it for the 1st time while pregnant), Rockin Roller Coaster, Everest Space Mtn & Splash Mtn.

I was at MK when I was 3 months pregnant. I rode everything except the mountains. :)

Have a great trip!!

All of the attractions will have a sign that states whether or not expectant mothers, among other people with certain ailments, should ride. For the CYA answer follow the signs and the advice of your OB.

Personally I rode everything I wanted to and that included mulitple rides on ToT, RnR and all of the thrill rides. Granted I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and didn't find out until we were back from our trip so I can't say 100% that I would have done all of the attractions had I known. I asked my OB about any possible damage/scrambling and she assured me that our future family addition was safe since he was so tiny at that time and pretty well protected. Eventually our oldest was born healthy and very vocal. :)

I went to Disney around the same time in my pregnancy. I just skipped the rides that had a sign saying that expectant mothers weren't allowed to ride. It still ended up being a blast. I got to go on a few gentle rides and I felt more relaxed not having to worry about as many crazy lines!

We go to Disneyland, but I went on pretty much every normal ride. I think the only ones I avoided were Tower of Terror (which I don't like anyway) and Mickey's Roller Coaster that goes upside down. But I still rode Space Mountain, Star Tours, etc. The baby is so padded in there it really isn't that big of a worry until the last semester, and even then its more about injuring yourself, not the ride itself. (of course, this is if you have normal pregnancies...I might not risk it if you have a history of problems or its your first)

I went in January and rode everything except Thunder Mountain, Splash mountain and Space Mountain in MK, everything except Test Track and Mission Space in Epcot, everything but RnR and ToT in DHS and skipped Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and the Primeval Whirl in Animal Kingdom.

I rode Star Tours, but would actually recommend against it, not because I think it would hurt the baby, but because it made me really sick. There may be others that still ride the thrill rides, but this was a surrogacy and I just didn't want to take that chance with a child that wasn't mine. All of the ones I skipped are pretty intense or jerky though.

I went to WDW at 30 weeks. I rode everything without a restriction except the Safari. The road my in-laws live on is just as bumpy. I also sat in the front, which is not quite as bumpy as the back.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I was a little worried because my doctor made it seem like I shouldn't ride any ride. I know I would still have a great time even if I didn't ride anything. Just watching my two girls have a blast would be enough. I will just pay attention to all the signs. Thank you again. :goodvibes

I went to Disneyland when I was 10 weeks pregnant. My mom had some cousins visiting from France and they wanted to go to DL (otherwise I probably wouldn't have planned a trip at that time). I recall being queasy in the mornings, very tired, and my stomach would burn when I was hungry. I didn't feel like doing a lot of rides at that point. My dad was recovering from a mild heart attack, so we hung out together while my mom and sister took the cousins on the rides. My dad and I went on the dark rides in Fantasyland, Pirates and Small World. Otherwise, we found every bench in the park and even dozed off on a few!

I have been at 13 weeks pg and 8 weeks pg. I did most at MK, no coaster though. Only TSM at DHS, Killamajaro, bugs life, rapids at AK, and Soarin at Epcot. I was comfortable doing those and all was fine! Have fun

I rode everything. Of course I didn't know I was pregnant. Surprise. However, my sister went when she was pregnant and there still a lot for her to ride. That's one of the best things about Disney. There's always something to do whatever your limitations.

Is your doc an obstetrician? Is he/she older? Do you have any particular history such as miscarriage, etc? (not really expecting you to answer these question, just pointing out that getting advice here on something like this may not be the best source.

Having said that, I do understand why you are second guessing your doc's advice if you have an uncomplicated pregnancy. I am a family doctor.

Healthy pregnant women do not put baby at increased risk doing things like aerobics, running, bumpy roads, moderate intensity rides and sexual activity. Many women have no idea they are pregnant this early, the uterus is still well down within the pelvis at this stage. Things likes sports that have a higher fall/ collision risk such as downhill skiiing skating, or horseback riding are often not recommended, and in later pregnancy rides with high g force or sudden jerking motion as well - partly because of increased ligament laxity and risk of neck/back injury.
Get advice from someone you trust is up to date and understands your specific situation and medical history. Enjoy your trip and try not to worry!

I went at 8 weeks pregnant and pretty much adhered to the signs. I did ride the Safari because I had read it wasn't that bad. We asked the CM to seat us somewhere that didn't get the worst of the bumps and he was very happy to oblige us. Other than that I think I rode a lot of rides, but being in my first trimester I felt pretty sick a lot of the time so I sat out anything I thought would exacerbate the morning sickness! I got some cool pictures of my oldest with Dad on some of the rides too which is fun to look back on! My favorite spot was the rocking chairs in the gift shop by Splash Mountain. I would sit there for a while and relax while my boys went on the rides. :) Have a great time!

All of the attractions will have a sign that states whether or not expectant mothers, among other people with certain ailments, should ride. For the CYA answer follow the signs and the advice of your OB.

Personally I rode everything I wanted to and that included mulitple rides on ToT, RnR and all of the thrill rides. Granted I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and didn't find out until we were back from our trip so I can't say 100% that I would have done all of the attractions had I known. I asked my OB about any possible damage/scrambling and she assured me that our future family addition was safe since he was so tiny at that time and pretty well protected. Eventually our oldest was born healthy and very vocal. :)

This. I found out I was pregnant with our middle DD on the last full day of our Disney vacation. Before that I had ridden everything - Mission Space, Tower of Terror, etc.

DD was fine. Now she's a daredevil and I sometimes joke that it's because she rode so many thrill rides when she was an embryo.

For you - since you know - I'd stay away from the mountains, ToT, RnR, Mission Space, and Test Track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter