11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

Sherry, Renee and the rest of Nov 6 cruisers my first name really is scottygirl. Just kidding it's Jackie. Now that we are getting to know each other better maybe we should be on a first name basis.

Renee,

I think we are seeking warmer weather in January, maybe the desert or Mexico. But thanks for the suggestion. We are flying out of DTW (Detroit Metro). When you check into the Hyatt you let them know you are cruising with DCL and they give you instructions on where to meet the shuttle in the morning. From what I understand they pick you up at the Hyatt. Our goal is to get on the first bus in the morning so we get to the terminal sooner. I am not going to get too worked up about the Palo ressies. I will go to where they are taking the ressies as soon as we board and if we get them great, if not, we will try later in the week for a cancellation.

My mantra will be: I am on vacation and I will relax.:boat:

Last cruise we got to the Port at 2:30 ish and we still got Palo Brunch and Dinner Ressies. I'm still not sure were we are staying the night before yet. The Radisson is probably the best way to go because your only a shuttle ride away from the ship. My kids want to stay in Disney, but I am nixing that as our annual passes run out in August, and don't want to hear the Whining .."Wadda ya mean we can't ride the Rock n Roll Rollercoaster"

Maryann

Hi Sherry (SJ), Jackie and Maryann,

It is going to be so easy for me to remember your names -- a good friend of mine is a Sheri, one of my husband's half sisters is a Jacki, and who doesn't like Maryann from Gilligan's Island (she was my favorite). :D

Thanks for the Hyatt tip. I know me enough to know I will want to be on the first bus (even if I am jet-lagged). I am the planner in the family. I have already started buying stuff for the trip (like travel size stuff and water socks). Do they have shampoo and conditioner in the rooms or should we bring our own?

Have any of you read the DCL PassPorter book? It is great and it is how I found this site. I got the book through EBAY. One DCL link I have been checking out is http://**********************/. My favorite part is the menu links. Through them I learned I better find somewhere else to eat on Mexicali night. :D

I have not had penpals before, so it is going to be great meeting you all in person in five months and five days (but who is counting?).

(Maryann - Out here our equivalent of the Rock n Roll Rollercoaster is California Screamin'. The line is never bad and a lot of fun. One of these years I will make it to WDW and try out the real deal.)

Have a great day Wednesday!

Take care,
Renee

To find the URL I was referring to look for go to castawayclub (with the usual beginning and ending). You can get there from dcltribute. (The dcltribute site also have a link to this site.) May be old new to those who have sailed before, even so I found them very useful.

Enjoy and goodnight!

jerryy,, where on the jersey shore are you from? I grew up in Middletown and went to Sea bright everyday during the summer as a kid. We still go back to LBI (Holgate) at least once a year.

Renee,

From what I understand you should bring your own shampoo and conditioner. Not sure if it's because they don't give you any or enough or if it's crappy. I for one am really particular about my hair care products and will bring my own. That being said, I also end up with really bad hair when it's humid, so maybe it won't matter!

I have been picking up things here and there also. I ordered matching outfits from the Disneystore for tropical/mexicali night $80 outfitted the whole family. I am not sure if my DH will agree to wear them.:eek:

I have the DCL PassPorter and I love it.

Maryann,

I'm with your kid's LOVE THE ROCKIN" ROLLER COASTER!!

Sherry,

My neighbor is competing in a sprint triathalon in October. She is trying to get me to join her, is she nuts? She is sending over
Triathalons for Dummies for my reading pleasure!!

TTFN,

Jackie

Hi All,

I finally had a couple of minutes to check in on this thread.

Happy Anniversary to all who will be celebrating on our cruise.

We will also be celebrating our 15th Anniversary on 11/11

I always tell DW(Glenda) that I don't have to remember our anniversary I just have to remember veterans day.

I noticed something while surfing earlier that will interest any other ParrotHeads out there. The Sunday that we will be in Key West is the last day of the international ParrotHead convention.

It sounds like a party to me.

I will try to check in more often as we get closer,

John

Hi John,

What time did you get married? We were 11AM, Mountain. If you got married at 12 Central, we would have had our weddings at exactly the same time. :-) Are you and your wife doing the romance escape at sea? Stephen and I are. It is a little pricy, but you get premium seating at Palo and a few other perks. There is a link in one of the other disboard areas where someone described tbere experience doing the REAS and it sounds great.

What are ParrotHeads? Also, what is your wife's name and are you bringing kids or coming solo?

Talk to you soon.
Renee

Awsome news on the Parrot Head Convention. Do you think Jimmy will be there that day? Does he usually appear? Perform? Sweet!!

jigarv,

Just saw your post. We live in Bricktown, now. (borders Pt.Pleasant and is about 45 minutes from LBI.) We both grew up in Bradley Beach. Always took long rides through Sea Bright up to the Twin Towers in Atlantic Highlands. Not much anymore, though. We tend to stay away from all the vacation spots in the summer. You know how it is!

Karen

Renee,

I don't recall the exact time of our wedding but it was around noon or a little earlier as we had a luncheon for our reception.
We honeymooned at WDW and have been going back on or around our anniversary for about the last 10 years.

My DW's birthday is 11/8 and this will be the 4th year in a row that we have celebrated it as well as our anniversary on either the Wonder or Magic.

A ParrotHead is a Jimmy Buffet fan. There are alot of us here and it seems to be growing every day with all of his new stuff with various country music stars.

I do not know if he will appear in Key West when we are there. I do know that his tour is over in September and he has been known to pop up for unanounced concerts at Margarittaville.

Our Cast of Characters is

me John

DW Glenda

DS Ben

Today is a happy day. It is the day our cruise was paid in full. :)

The Disney Store (online) has some "island-like" clothes on sale. I am hoping to lose a few pounds between now and the cruise, so I am going to wait. Just thought some here may be interested.

Have a great weekend!
Renee

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've visited this thread. Since we're using first names now, mine is Paula and Sherry (sjcubedofct) and I and our families and friends are traveling together.

I have the new PassPorter and am 1/4 of the way through it. There's a lot of great information in it.

I ordered the tropical shirt for my son and was going to order the dress for me but then I thought my son wouldn't go for it. If anybody's thinking of buying them, do it now while they're on sale!

Renee: What a great day! I can't wait until mine is paid in full.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Renee and Paula and the rest of my fellow cruisers,

Did you see my above post? I purchased the light blue Island Mickey/Minnie clothes for our family. I am not sure the boys are going to go for it!! I got free shipping so I figured I don't have much to lose if I have to send them back. I used a code from www.mousesavers.com to get an additional 10% off. I think the free shipping is only good through today, I'm not sure when the mousesavers code expires. Just thought I would pass the info along in case anyone is interested. :wave2:

Congrats on that paid off cruise! I will make my final payment to the TA on Aug 27th. I booked the Stingray City excursion through nativewaywatersports yesterday. We are doing th 2 1/2 hour excursion that also stops at Coral Gardens for snorkeling. The kids have been practicing snorkeling in the pool and are getting pretty good at it.pirate: pirate: princess:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.:sunny:

Good evening!

I am quickly becoming aware that I will be spending approx. the cost of the cruise getting ready for the cruise. :D

Recent purchases include "water socks". Don't know if any of you live near a Robinson May, but they were on sale and under $10. (No particular brand name, but blue and yellow so we won't lose them.)

Also, on one of the boards someone suggested making your own autograph book because the ones on the ship are the same ones they have in the parks. The book I bought today is called "Memory Book" 6x8 by Paper Reflections. It cost under $5 with a Michaels coupon (craft store). The paper is recycled and acid free/lignin free. My plan is to meet every character on ship and have them sign one page and put a photo on the opposite page. When ever I am at Disneyland, I am 7 again. Somehow the Sleeping Beauty is the real one when I am there. I am expecting the same excitement on the ship (even if I am 7 + 32).

Have a great Sunday everyone! (Sherry, Maryann, Paula, John, Tony and Jackie -- and anyone else reading this thread.)

Sweet cruise dreams.

Renee

Hello Everyone,

Last cruise we didn't even get autograph books(can't remember why). For this cruise I am sure they will want them, and since we have 2 full ones from WDW, the ones at Michaels sound great!!

As for tropical outfits, we still have the ones we wore from St. Martin for a few hours, I might just pull that one out again for me:eek: , the kids have plenty of tropical clothes since it is the rage right now, and my husband has a few shirts up there I am sure he will bring.

It would sure be great if Jimmey Buffet did appear at Margaritiville, as I love his music and every time I hear it it signals vacation memories!!

Maryann

Good morning fellow cruisers! I created a spreadsheet several months ago that helps with your dining rotation and when to pick spa appts or Palo dining. RClarkofNC has gratiously posted it on his website http://www.clarktechnology.com/cruise. I thought I was so clever when I created it but I have since seen several charts that give you the same info. Why is it I always come up with that million dollar invention after it's to late?:)

I received our matching outfits from the Disneystore and of course my dress does not fit. Way too long, in the bodice and skirt. I have now ordered the sarong, we'll see if that works, otherwise the whole family will match except me.:eek:

Maryann,

Wouldn't that just make the Key West experience if Jimmy Buffet was there? I've seen him in concert and it is so much fun.

Renee,

Ah, the hidden costs of vacation! I just don't let DH know about them since I do all the planning. I just have to tell the time and place to show up.

Sherry,

Where have you been? Are you still out there?

Less than six months.::yes::

Jackie

Oh yes, I'm still here, it's an overwhelming time of year at work for me. I work at a university, so this is a time of moving, cleaning, repairing, working around summer groups... did I mention I hate summer? I long for the routine days of Sept-May.

Can't think about the cruise now, but Paula keeps me in touch with what's happening thank goodness. :) We'll be making some decisions about excursions and making reservations in the next month or so!!! Sounds like Capt. Marvins is the way to go... although frankly, with as busy as I am right now, just laying on the beach nearest port sounds good to me.

SJ

Sherry,

Hang in there, we won't forget about you.
I am a CPA and I fully understand the busy season thing!! FYI we booked our Stingray excursion through www.nativewaywatersports.com. I understand that their excursions are less crowded and the guides are very friendly and informative.

TTFN,

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter